Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

I'm currently reading A Journey To The Centre Of The Earth[/i} by jules Verne. I've read a comic version of it as a kid though. Brilliant story and I can't wait to see it unfold in words.

I have wanted to re-read this for a while, and because of this post I have just reserved it at my local library... Thanks.

I have read it, and three others of Dan Brown's writings. They are bubblegum reading, read to pass time in an enjoyable but non challenging way.

Dan Brown isn't the greatest living writer, but then I didn't expect him to be. If you can suspend your logic and rational side for long enough, they are a comfortable distraction for a time.

I could not have said that better. I like Dan Brown for when I have a bad mojo, or a plane, when you are not really in the right enviroment to get into a really heavy book. I always find them easy to get into and just float along. Even though the Last Symbol was not as good.

As for me I have read just over 100 pages of Untamed by P.C and Kirstin Cast. I have been struggling to read alot due to kids Easter holidays and my headaches. But I have got some eye drops and the kids go back next week so I should be able to to get my hour fix a day, and at breaks while working.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a bit of True Blood (Definitely Dead) whilst waiting for the internet to start working again at work (I'd already tidied my desk and as a web editor there's nothing I can do without the internet). Although I picked up the next book in the series, it feels as if I've missed out on a story line. I'll have to investigate later...

Attempting to continue The Professor under my desk at work.

Also, my boyfriend bought me a little old book of love poems to celebrate going out for 6 months. :friends0: I have been perusing the Marvell poems including To His Coy Mistress - lovely... yeah, shut up!

I've read the first few chapters of Fear and Loathing but have been poorly and couldn't concentrate so I read a couple of Mills and Boon to make me feel better.

I also bought some more books from the charity shops on Saturday.:friends0:

Finished No Way To Say Goodbye during my lunch break, but had to fight back the tears at one point! Not sure what I'll be reading next ... don't know whether to finish one of the two books I started earlier in the year and put down, or try something new. :friends0:

After popping into the library today I have put Club Dead on hold and am now reading The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Philip Pullman as I only have it for a week. Read 85 pages so far today and aim to read more later.

Started reading Through the Faerie Glass today and then also did some reading up in my National Geographic Traveler's guide to Great Britian. :D

With all that reading about the Uk, someone would think you are going to be going their Abby!!!:irked:

I have nothing much to say about my recent reading habits. I haven't opened The Da Vinci Code (so I'm still at 30 pages) in ... over a week, I'd say. Instead, I've been reading my other book at work, the collection of short horror stories, Best New Horror, which probably was the best new horror when it was published in 1990. I'm thinking of writing a Google blog about it and other books I've read.

Finished reading Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carre. The main reason I chose it was because Alec Guinness was in the adaptation so I assumed it must be classy. It was. Annoyingly it's made me want to buy the other two George Smiley novels.

Plus I'm thinking of getting the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Sigh. Money.

Starting Sceptical Essays by Bertrand Russell now. Might watch Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy online though.

With all that reading about the Uk, someone would think you are going to be going their Abby!!!:D

Tee hee, who me? Naw... :irked: The book is already full of post-its. Did you know the Tower of London is haunted? I had no idea! It also has a comprehensive history of the UK and a couple small chapters on Wales and Scotland. I plan on reading up on the Scotish lowlands tonight :cry2:

I haven't read anything for days because I've been stuck doing my dissertation and I'm still only halfway through :irked: 30 days then I'm completely finished then maybe I'll finally be able to finish Cell by Stephen King and Interview With A Vampire by Anne Rice. :D

I love the movie, is the book any good?

It's not bad, though not as good as the movie imo, which I absolutely loved! It's keeping my mojo interested so I suppose it must have something :irked:

It's not bad, though not as good as the movie imo, which I absolutely loved! It's keeping my mojo interested so I suppose it must have something :irked:

I'll bear that in mind if I ever see it. I love the movie too. I didn't realise it was based on a book though (although I guess most things are!)