Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had that book sitting by my bed to read for months, great to know it's a good one!

I'm half way through The Gate House by Nelson DeMille, and my copy of the Crimson Petal and the White arrived today :D

Yay! :)

Been reading Dry Store Room No.1 today ;)

I have had that book sitting by my bed to read for months, great to know it's a good one!

I stumbled on it by accident and I`m glad I did. :lol:

I`ve just started Breakneck - Erica Spindler.

Finished Going It Alone - Clare Dowling this afternoon. So far I've read one chapter of The House At Riverton - Kate Morton so I'm not too sure of it at the moment. Will have to read a bit more to see if I'm going to continue with it, although from what I've heard it's a great book.

Managed to squeeze in a few pages of Eyes Like Stars. It's such a cute book, I love it :lol: can't wait for Act II in May *worships Fi for giving me the green light on this one*!

I finished Gone With The Wind last night and I started Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen today. I've read 1/4 of the book.

Yay! Congratulations. :lol: It's quite an achievement to finish such a long book isn't it? And you're already a 1/4 of the way through the next one? Wow!

I've read a bit more of Childhood's End.

Started Lion Of Ireland by Morgan Llywelyn this morning which fictionalises Brian Boru's rise to High King of Ireland in the 11th Century. So far,so good! :lol:

I've just been reading a bit more of Heresy tonight. It is rare when a book just blows me away, but this one does. It takes only a few words for the author to pull you in and take full control of your emotions, anger and anticipation mostly, and then throw a little twist in that will make you laugh and want to high five the main character. This is one of the best books of 2010, surely.

Ooooo *Goes and checks your Book log to see if you have wrote a review* If not I will look forward to hearing what this book is about that is some praise Abby!

:motz: What an appropriate name for his book! BF made me watch Burn Notice when I was staying at his place, he went on and on about Campbell's acting skills and his chin! I should buy that book for him...

Still reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I can't wait to finish it and see how it ends.

Urgh! I truley hate Burn Notice! That guys can NOT act! My OH loves it purely because of the cheesey acting :lol:

So for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I am so glad you loved it. I have the final one to read. I have been unable to read really small fonts lately due to pounding headaches, but it is constantly beside my bed ready for me to read. Can't wait.

Oh and the next one is even better. No long winded begininng you get straight in there. One of my fav books of 2009.

I stumbled on it by accident and I`m glad I did. :blush:

I`ve just started Breakneck - Erica Spindler.

I have this on my TBR pile, look forward to hearing what you think.

As for me. Becuase of my headaches I have struggled getting started in many books. My mojo is being very selective. I tried reading Wicked and just have not go the brain to read it at the moment. So ithas gone back on the pile for another day (Thanks to some pleasding from my friend to let me still borrow it.) After numerous attempts of finding a book. I decided to go and read my Rocky Horror Book called: Rocky Horror; From Concept to Cult. By Scott Michaels and David Evans.

Only read 13 pages, but I am really liking it. But then it is Rocky Horror! :lol:

On another positive note. After getting all my Library books read, or just taking them back due to realising that they were not what I thought. I have just looked on my Library webiste and my reservation of the next House of night books is available... Will get that soon!!!! Whey-hey!

Does approaching bewildered strangers in coffee shops to ask them whether the volume they're carrying (Will by Cristopher Rush, a fictionalised account of Shakespeare telling his story to the official drawing up his last will and testament - just how skilled am I, I recognised the book's back cover upside down!) is any good count as a book activity?

Does approaching bewildered strangers in coffee shops to ask them whether the volume they're carrying (Will by Cristopher Rush, a fictionalised account of Shakespeare telling his story to the official drawing up his last will and testament - just how skilled am I, I recognised the book's back cover upside down!) is any good count as a book activity?

Lol. I reckon it counts, particularly if you were standing up whilst frightening caffeine addled strangers. Its books, its activity. It counts.

I finished Val McDermid's Killing the Shadows......Damn! Cliff still lives. Hey-ho.

It was an ok read, seem to take an age to trudge through.

Now Ms La Plante, what do you have in store this time???

About 3/4 of the way through Heresy by S J Parris, and I only received it this morning....

Dang! You're good! :lol:

I've only read a few pages today but will hopefully be half way through by bedtime.

Ugh, well if the bookshop I went to today would have actually HAD book 4 of the wheel of time series, I would have been reading that today. They didn't have it. They had two times book three, and three times book 5, but no 4, no Shadow Rising. Weeeeh.

And to show you how sad this is, how sad my town is, this is the ONLY bookshop in my town, at least in the center that sells anything like this.

They said it would probably come in, since they order when they sell an english book.. but she couldn't tell me when they sold it. And even then it wold take two weeks. Bloody hell. Think am gonna order it online, even though that's a little more expensive, shipping costs added.

Just check how long the delivery time is then.

Rant over. Might do a little more reading in Shutter Island later, maybe. Is proving an easy and entertaining read.

Dang! You're good! :motz:

I've only read a few pages today but will hopefully be half way through by bedtime.

:lol: had the time today and this novel should have a warning on it: This book has a vacuum turbo charge within, all who read will experience a loss of a few hours: do not be disturbed this is normal. :lol::blush:

I am half way through 'The Left Hand of God' by Paul Hoffman :motz: So far, so good, a bit slow but I am intrigued about what happens next :lol:

:motz: had the time today and this novel should have a warning on it: This book has a vacuum turbo charge within, all who read will experience a loss of a few hours: do not be disturbed this is normal. :lol::blush:

Lucky you! Its true though, it is so easy to just get sucked into Bruno's world. Unfortunately it seems like everytime I pick it up someone inturrupts me! Just a bit ago here at work, boss comes by 'Ooh, whatcha reading?' Instead of spending the rest of my break reading, like intended, I spent it telling her about the book and showing her the Goodreads website. :lol: