What are you planning to watch on TV today/tonight

Johnny Carson Whit

Right now I'm watching the rescue of the trapped Chilean miners (streamed on BBC website) and it really brings tears to your eyes. The rescue seems to be going with exact precision, and seamlessly - praise to the Chilean Government for their work.

My daughter was watching on the big screen inside Waterloo Station and the whole place applauded as the men were being rescued! Doesn't it make you feel good to see some positive news! :D

Now my questions is, how does the last man get out? Doesn't the capsule have to be locked from the outside to get the men uup - 'twill be interesting to see that later on.

Edited by SueK

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you think? I gave up on it after about 8 episodes - I found it incredibly dull :(

I only got to watch it tonight, as it transpires.

I thought the first episode was good, if a little understated. I never saw the original so I've nothing to compare it to, but I do have a good idea of the basic premise.

I'll just have to see where it goes from here.

In a couple of minutes I plan on watching the last two episodes of Bones season 4, and then hopefully the bonus stuff. Hopefully it'll tide me over since I won't be home tomorrow night to watch this week's new episode :(.

I would have watched Bones tonight, but couldn't because of my stupid haircut I scheduled on a stupid Thursday! :cry: I guess I'll have to watch it this weekend... Otherwise all I watched tonight was The Mentalist. Oh! And a couple videos from my new Soundgarden disc set that came today.

Hawii 5-0 is on in 10 minutes. It's a guilty pleasure, but what the hey, right? LOL

I quite liked the first episode - it was worth watching just for the stonking new version of the theme tune, but then the show itself turned out to be good fun. I liked the sparky working relationship between McGarrett and Danno, so I hope they maintain that. And then there's Grace Park in a bikini. Bonus. Shame they had to go and put James Blimmin Marsters in it (the show, not the bikini).

I've got the second episode to watch, just haven't got around to it yet :)

The First Men in the Moon adapted by and staring Mark Gatiss and featuring Rory Kinnear is on BBC Four tonight at 9pm.

I'm surprised this hasn't had more publicity (I hope that doesn't mean it's another Day of the Triffids . . .).

Annoyingly, it's up against the season finale of Smallville . . .

I quite liked the first episode - it was worth watching just for the stonking new version of the theme tune, but then the show itself turned out to be good fun. I liked the sparky working relationship between McGarrett and Danno, so I hope they maintain that. And then there's Grace Park in a bikini. Bonus. Shame they had to go and put James Blimmin Marsters in it (the show, not the bikini).

I've got the second episode to watch, just haven't got around to it yet :)

I'm digging it too, Karsa. I like the interaction between the two main guys, and who knew that the guy playing Danno is James Caan's son?! I'm also a big fan of O'Loughlin ;)

Tonight I'm about to pop in disc 1 of West Wing season two :D.