The Last DVD you watched?

Kreader

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! The script stayed very very true to the play, with large (and all the funniest) chunks of dialogue being retained. The alterations in setting were done well too (the play only has three acts/settings) and the tiny alterations to the plot were hilarious (like the tattoo) and made the film really work as a film. All in all, a fantastic adaption.

Capitalism: a Love Story, good but my least favorite of Moore's and Some Like It Hot, which was very funny.

Some Like it Hot is a fantastic movie. I think I might need to rewatch it soon :D

Managed to watch about 10 more minutes of Mock the Week last night before I fell asleep.

Excellent! The script stayed very very true to the play, with large (and all the funniest) chunks of dialogue being retained. The alterations in setting were done well too (the play only has three acts/settings) and the tiny alterations to the plot were hilarious (like the tattoo) and made the film really work as a film. All in all, a fantastic adaption.

I imagine you watched the 2002 version. I thought alot of great dialogue got muffled away in the city streets, the bawdy house, the Keystone Kops interludes.

But I was weaned on the 1952 version, cast to perfection, with Michael Redgrave, Michael Dennison, Margaret Rutherford and Edith Evans as an incredible Lady Bracknell (her "Gwendolen" is uproarious). Each line of dialogue is savored, the comic timing is impeccable, all in glorious Technicolor. One of my alltime favorite movies!

Doctor Who: Planet of the Daleks, episodes 1 to 3. Old school Who is jolly good fun, but there is an awful lot of padding!

As for the best time travel film ever, that has to be Back to the Future -Great Scott!

As for the best time travel film ever, that has to be Back to the Future -Great Scott!

Have you seen Primer? Back To The Future is also comedy, adventure and a bunch of other things. Primer is about two things: a time machine accidentally created by two engineers trying to reduce the weight of objects, and the implications of such revolutionary technology for their friendship. Literally, nothing else. For pure time travel and it's consequences alone, it's the most compelling film I've ever seen.

.....No, it doesn't. It really doesn't need one lol. Two big boxes are all it needs. Or, several. I really don't like Back To The Future at all. Always get bored and turn it off.