The Last DVD you watched?

Kreader

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A double bill of the original Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Some very interesting ideas, though I felt the former was let down by Motoko's propensity for taking her clothes off to do battle.

The combination of 2-D and 3-D animation in Innocence is amazing though.

I watched The Grass is Greener, with Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr and Robert Mitchum.

Cary Grant did other movies with Deborah Kerr, huh Kylie? For some reason I thought the only thing they did together was 'An Affair to Remember.' How did you like Grass is Greener?

I watched The Grass is Greener, with Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr and Robert Mitchum.

I loved that film, haven't seen it in many years though.

We watched Breakdown the other night with Kurt Russell. Scary stuff.

And...we are plowing through Seasons 1 - 5 of Lost again, and have Season 6 on order. It comes out August 24th. We don't have television anymore, but I don't want to miss that. :D

Cary Grant did other movies with Deborah Kerr, huh Kylie? For some reason I thought the only thing they did together was 'An Affair to Remember.' How did you like Grass is Greener?

This movie is from 1960. It was OK but my morals didn't approve. Deborah Kerr falls for another man while her husband plays it cool and I couldn't help but disapprove, even though it's only a movie. :D

I recorded the Jane Eyre BBC miniseries when it was on ages ago and just got around to watching it. I thought it was a 3-parter but evidently it was 4 episodes and I missed recording the last one. :lol: I'll have to wait until it comes on TV again.

I watched some of Ocean's Thirteen yesterday but I wasn't enjoying it much so I gave up and watched Grease instead. Today I watched Hot Fuzz, which was pretty funny. :lol:

Last week:

Ponyo - me 75, imdb 79

Sherlock Holmes - me 74, imdb 76

Astro Boy - me 70, imdb 64

The Fourth Kind - me 64, imdb 61

Foyles War s2d3 'War Games', me 75

Foyles War s2d4 'The Funk Hole' - me 80 (watching in order)

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee - me 68, imdb 66

District 13 - me 50, imdb 65

Throw Mamma from the Train - me 62, imdb 61

The Small Back Room - me 70

Clue, the Movie - me 74, imdb 72 (thanks catwoman)

Memoirs of a Geisha

Loved that film too, tis beautiful!

Origin: Spirits of the Past

Bit meh about this one. Nature retaliates when man gets to smart is done far better in Nausica

Edited by chrysalis_stage

I watched Avatar at the weekend and was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it, wasn't expecting to at all :)

I really didn't fancy this but OH nagged me and I was pleasantly suprised too. It was really bright and pretty.