The Last DVD you watched?

Kreader

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grave of the Fireflies

I don't think I've ever said this about a film before, but Fireflies is utterly heartbreaking. There are several images that I think I am going to be living with for the next few days. Or, perhaps, haunted by would be a better description.

I ordered this yesterday because of this post. Why would I want to watch a heartbreaking film? :D

Grave of the Fireflies

I don't think I've ever said this about a film before, but Fireflies is utterly heartbreaking.

There are several images that I think I am going to be living with for the next few days.

Or, perhaps, haunted by would be a better description.

If you haven't already you should watch When The Wind Blows

If you haven't already you should watch When The Wind Blows

Yeah, it's something I probably should see, but it's not something that hugely appeals, to be honest - not sure why.

I was under the impression that Fireflies was about the nuclear attacks on Japan, and was surprised to find it isn't.

Yoiks!

It is a very good film, but it is also pretty grim. I think I need to watch it again sometime, though not just yet.

I tried watching this film but got about twenty minutes in and couldn't continue because it was just too sad!

I was a week behind getting the New Moon DVD, so I watched it last night, and again this morning, and am now watching it with the commentary so that I've caught up to every else! (I am sewing and ironing at the same time as watching/listening so I don't feel too guilty :smile2:)

District 9.

More interesting than I thought it would be. The main character was very hard to like.

I think thats why it was such an interesting film because he wasn't a real hero it didn't have the usual hollywood glamour and hey didn't try to make it a nice story.

I think thats why it was such an interesting film because he wasn't a real hero it didn't have the usual hollywood glamour and hey didn't try to make it a nice story.

Too true. They've set it up nicely for a sequel, and I'll watch that. It was a change that there was no hunky hero making wise cracks. Really glad I saw it.