Scariest film you have seen?

Lisa-Marie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm possibly the only I know who is terrified by the Blair Witch Project. Oooooh I get shivers just thinking about the last few scenes of that movie.

Vacancy is another movie which has me hiding behind the sofa :ditto:

I'm possibly the only I know who is terrified by the Blair Witch Project. Oooooh I get shivers just thinking about the last few scenes of that movie.

Vacancy is another movie which has me hiding behind the sofa :ditto:

I watched Blair Witch because mymate kept going on about the ending being very disturbing. I thought it was **** :lol:

Vacancy is about the snuff movie in the hotel, isn't it? That wasn't too bad, but the guy with the mask on freaked me out :lol:

The Exorcist hands down. That film is so psychologically damaging when you actually let the story seep through. I saw it when I was thirteen and laughed my head off, I watched it seven years later and was absolutely terrified. Go figure. I'm a person who is very curious and intrigued by the strange, the macabre, the horrific and this tale particularly grabs me each time I dwell and experience it. Sure there are a couple of ridiculous and stupid 'Hollywood' moments which take a lot away from the concentration of an unsettling atmosphere, it's the more subtle moments that create this tension and sense of instability in the viewer's churning mind. I feel sorry for Regan the most, it is such a compelling tale underneath all the terror and the end where you can see that all this poor girl wants to do is hug her mother, that's very poignant.

Edited by Rawr

The Exorcist hands down. That film is so psychologically damaging when you actually let the story seep through. I saw it when I was thirteen and laughed my head off, I watched it seven years later and was absolutely terrified. Go figure. I'm a person who is very curious and intrigued by the strange, the macabre, the horrific and this tale particularly grabs me each time I dwell and experience it.

Yeah you'll watch the Exorcist on repeat but a cartoon Iron Giant scares you.

Don't look now, but Reagan wants you. *points*

Also, for me, The Exorcist. Rawr and I have spent many a night psychologically torturing each other talking about Reagan sitting at the foot of the bed and so on. It scared me prior to that, but I actually couldn't sleep those nights.

The Iron Giant has no method to his mad glazed stare though, the character of Regan McNeil is not a hollow walking giant at least :ditto: There's no contest in my opinion of the fright factor baha. I have had dreams of apparently familiar people being possessed even years before I knew what possession meant, so I guess the concept intrigues me more because of this.

That moment in the adaptation of 'Salem's Lot when Barlow freaking dives at the camera?? That made me swear pretty loudly and whack my head on the wall behind my bed at 3am when I first bought the dvd rofl. He looks pretty messed up, and the noise he makes now cracks me up :lol: It sounds like a depressed duck.

I am a total wimp when it comes to films - my ex tried to make me watch the Saw films and I just couldn't do it without wanting to hurl.

I guess the scariest film I've seen is Silence of the Lambs when I was about 11 - it doesn't scare me anymore but sheesh, that film frightened me when I was young!

I don't usually watch scary movies (I love horror books, but horror films just scare the :ditto: out of me!) so I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to go to the cinema to watch Saw with my parents!!! I have never been so scared / generally freaked out in all my life!! I swear if I had been on my own I would have left half way through. Instead I just closed my eyes a lot. I thought the worst part was the bit

with the girl with the bear trap thing on her head! Aaagghhh! Just thinking about it freaks me out!

Afterwards we went to Pizza Hut, and the toilets are absolutely miles away (upstairs and down a corridor) and I ran the whole way!!!!!

I guess the problem is whether you consider them to be horror films of horrible films aren't they in a sub class called slasher movies..really can't watch the gruesome kind of film torture really makes me feel sick.

The Exorcist hands down. .

Also, for me, The Exorcist. .

Nope, not for me. Although I must tell you about my brother in law. When the film came out and was in the cinema he was a big strapping fireman. Well, he and about 6 of his big strapping firemen mates, went along to the cinema to see it. They were in the middle of the auditorium and right at the part where Reagan

spins her head

, a bloke about 3 rows down in front of them started having some sort of fit or seizure. Scared witless, my brave, big brother in law literally leaped over half the row he was sitting in to escape! He kept running until he was about 3 streets away from the cinema and hasn't watched the film since! :lol:

For me the most scary films are zombie films, I can't watch them at all or even read books with them in the story without having nightmares. 28 Days Later scared the bejaysus outta me, I was having nightmares for weeks! Even Shaun Of The Dead frightened the life out of me, and it's a comedy! :ditto: Also I have to say The Descent was pretty scary for me, I'm claustrophobic :lol:

I really love scary movies, especially the ones that are more psychological than gory (such as Silence of the Lambs). I saw Exorcist recently (after plucking up a lot of courage from what I'd been told) and I was really disappointed. I didn't find it scary, more uncomfortable to watch because a young girl was saying awful things (yes I know I'm sad :lol:). But I can remember the year that 13 Ghosts came out, I was at a sleepover and my friends dad had a copy (I must have been 11/12) and I got so scared by the girl in the bathroom that was covered in blood that I couldn't sleep (which is a wise move at a sleepover anyway :lol:). The only thing that has really scared me since was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, I watched that after one too many drinks in college and still get spooked out by the noise of chainsaws :ditto:

For me my scariest film has to be The Descent! I loved it, yet scared everytime i watch it. I love the ending and stuff. I went to watch Paranormal Activity last year which was rubbish until the ending which was scary too. Uhm I love horror films, but i really cant stand alien films, ever since i watched Signs, ive been freaked out by aliens ever since!!!

I watched Blair Witch because mymate kept going on about the ending being very disturbing. I thought it was **** :ditto:

I thought it was dire too.

The scariest film I've ever seen was... wait for it... Watership Down!

I swear, it's the only film that has ever given me the total wiggins. I almost get the screaming heebie-jeebies if I even hear Simon and Garfunkel singing Bright Eyes *shudders just even thinking about it!*

It's the wierd black rabbit that does it for me. And the bit where Fivel is having the vision of all the rabbits being buried alive.

Gods, now I'm going to have nightmares about it. I wish I hadn't mentioned it now because I feel quite ill thinking about it.

And this from the queen of gore-fest slashers and psychological horrors! I can watch any horror film you care to mention and be absolutely fine, but an animated film about bunnies has me sitting here a quivering wreck.

I generally love scary movies, especially Japanese ones. But I was really scared by Poltergeist 3 when I was little (been afraid of mirrors every since), and the American version of The Ring scared me so bad I was SO angry after watching it. To make it worse, it takes place around here.

THe Japanese version of Ring is WAAAAYYYYYY better and far creepier. I so wish you'd seen that one first instead of the bad American remake that cannot hold a candle to it!

Watership Down is sinister, a lot of shows aimed at kids are like that, the whole beneath the surface aspect of them I think touches a lot of things hidden inside of the viewer.