Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

I've been really bad lately. Tomorrow, I'm starting afresh! No more candies and munching for me. No more cookies just because "it's just one". I could use a good talking-to, actually... I'm supposed to strive to be healthy. Instead, I've been out with a cold and eating anything and everything just because I've felt so tremendously sorry for myself.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all started with Creme Brulet Cheesecake. /sigh/

At least that was the worst thing, or better, as you like. heh :D

My excuse, er story is that it was our 4 month anniversary, and we ate out at a wonderful Chinese restaurant, sticking pretty close to Atkins. Then I made the monumental mistake of asking about desert. The minute the waitress mentioned the above unmentionable, I was lost.

We've pretty much been good since, except for a few small lapses, but weight loss is at a standstill now, Tightening the restrictions and full speed ahead. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya guys and gals,

How are you all doing? :) I just signed up for a year and a half of gym, and I've been going pretty much every day since the holidays (5 day streak now). Going to take a break today and go again tomorrow! It's all pre-paid so now I'll hopefully feel I have to go, always.

For those of you who struggle with eating inappropriately at times, may I once again suggest myfitnesspal.com? It's a wonderful tool that you can download on your iphone/smartphone/pc, and it has an extensive and supportive community if you struggle plus LOTS of good ideas etc. For instance, it turned me on to this site: www.skinnytaste.com <-- may sound lame but I made the cajun chicken and it was really good.

Anyways I'd really love an update from everyone (I'm looking at you, Nollaig :) )

edit: just to stress: by "really good" I mean I think it's the best meal I have ever made.

Edited by Hyzenthlay

Hello all,

Can I join in?

I'm not over-weight, but after my daughter's birth 15 months ago - I've done next to zero exercise - and am rather un-toned and flabby.

I could use some daily inspiration to stop being lazy and get some exercise, eat more healthy, and be more fit and active.

Of course you can join us Bree - the more the merrier ! :smile:

I have lost 1/2 a stone since Christmas which isn't too bad. My clothes are a little bit looser, although not as much as you would expect.

I exercise plenty at work and so don't need to worry about that too much. I am off to Lundy in a weeks time as well where if the weather is anything like today, I should get plenty of walking done.

I've been really bad lately. Tomorrow, I'm starting afresh! No more candies and munching for me. No more cookies just because "it's just one". I could use a good talking-to, actually... I'm supposed to strive to be healthy. Instead, I've been out with a cold and eating anything and everything just because I've felt so tremendously sorry for myself.

You eat candles? that's not good

Dang. I know you are all gonna hate me. I don't have any excess weight. But, I have periods when I eat so much junk I am sure my liver must be working overtime if it is not already three quarters dead . But when the rest of your life is crap you just feel like you feel like you should be able to at least eat whatever you want don't you ?

Sorry I haven't popped my head in here in a while. I hope everyone's doing well!

There's no hate, VF. A little jealousy, maybe. ;)

Lately I've been awful with my health. Since the holidays I've put on 10 lbs and I really need to be working on losing that plus another 50-60. Last week I started the SlimFast shake system again but the last couple days I've cheated and had pizza and lots of sugary treats.

Starting Monday nights I'm going to a Zumba class with some friends. Its a great work-out and my butt feels like someone whacked it with a bat.

and my butt feels like someone whacked it with a bat.

Some people actually pay to be whacked with a bat

I went to circuit training yesterday (where you do one strength exercise after another) and now I hurt. I hurtss.

Oh god yes circuit training is the hardest thing but it gets quick results for your fitness. I sympathise with your hurts!

I'm currently trying to get into shape and have bought a cross trainer. I do 4 days of 40 minutes and 3 days of 20 minutes. Its really great and I am seeing results already and I've only had it a couple of weeks. I'm also going to join a Zumba class but have to make sure my mum is alright first as shes been quite unwell lately.

I cannot remember if I have posted on this thread before....I really have to push myself to get motivated as most days I cannot be bothered but I just think of clothes that I want to fit into and that usually spurs me on :D

How are you all doing? :) I just signed up for a year and a half of gym, and I've been going pretty much every day since the holidays (5 day streak now). Going to take a break today and go again tomorrow! It's all pre-paid so now I'll hopefully feel I have to go, always.

Anyways I'd really love an update from everyone (I'm looking at you, Nollaig :) )

Hey there, I'm afraid I've continued to some extent with my wicked ways. :D

However, I have managed to maintain the 15 pound loss I'd previously attained. There was a little up and down, but it's steadied even though the dieting part and the exercising part has been iffy.

We had company in from out of town for weekend before last, and we ate our way through the French Quarter. :eek: lol

However, we've started back on the exercise part at least, with an eye towards true dieting again.

Hello all,

Can I join in?

I'm not over-weight, but after my daughter's birth 15 months ago - I've done next to zero exercise - and am rather un-toned and flabby.

I could use some daily inspiration to stop being lazy and get some exercise, eat more healthy, and be more fit and active.

Of course you can join us Bree - the more the merrier ! :smile:

:yeahthat::grinhat:

I have lost 1/2 a stone since Christmas which isn't too bad. My clothes are a little bit looser, although not as much as you would expect.

I exercise plenty at work and so don't need to worry about that too much. I am off to Lundy in a weeks time as well where if the weather is anything like today, I should get plenty of walking done.

Talisman, that's great, hope the trip was all you anticipated. :)

Dang. I know you are all gonna hate me. I don't have any excess weight. But, I have periods when I eat so much junk I am sure my liver must be working overtime if it is not already three quarters dead . But when the rest of your life is crap you just feel like you feel like you should be able to at least eat whatever you want don't you ?

Re the bolded (by me) section. That is one way of looking at it, but I try to look at it in exactly the opposite manner. IOW, at times the only thing I could control was what I put in my mouth, and chose to, or not to put junque in my mouth. Just sayin'.... :)

Sorry I haven't popped my head in here in a while. I hope everyone's doing well!

There's no hate, VF. A little jealousy, maybe. ;)

Lately I've been awful with my health. Since the holidays I've put on 10 lbs and I really need to be working on losing that plus another 50-60. Last week I started the SlimFast shake system again but the last couple days I've cheated and had pizza and lots of sugary treats.

Starting Monday nights I'm going to a Zumba class with some friends. Its a great work-out and my butt feels like someone whacked it with a bat.

Boy, lots of you seem to be into the Zumba classes! I don't know if I could keep up with it though!

Boy, lots of you seem to be into the Zumba classes! I don't know if I could keep up with it though!

I think you can just go and sit down if you're feeling tired then get up and carry on after a rest. Maybe you could try it and see what you think? It looks like great fun! I am sure I am going to be the same when I start, but I will soon build my stamina up :)

Today I will be mostly wearing... jeans I've not been able to fit into for almost 2 years!

Had no choice but to dig into the back of the wardrobe when my only pair of jeans that fit (which are actually hanging off me now!) were in the washing machine this morning. Two pairs of jeans had busted zips (why did I keep them?) so they went in the bin. Another pair had a massive rip where my butt meets my thigs (not appropriate wear for reading to a nursery school class!) so they followed their broken zip buddies. Then I came to these jeans which haven't seen the light of day for SO long - and they fit! They're snug, but it's no struggle to do up the zip or button, and they're comfy for sitting in too.

So, today I feel better than James Brown!

All together now... "I feel good! (da-da-da-da-da-da-da) I knew that I would now! (da-da-da-da-da-da-da)"

Congrats Kell, that's a great feeling.

My jeans have also been falling off me lately, and I really need to get some new clothes. Unfortunately I sprained my ankle a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able to go to Zumba or the gym. I've been for one swim, and now I have lurgy so I can't even do that. I also ate an enormous cream doughnut yesterday. I need to seriously get back on track.

I absolutely had to FORCE myself to get on the cross trainer tonight but glad I did once I got started as it woke me up, took away my irritation and I won't feel guily for neglecting my exercise :P

Oh and congrats Kell, thats fab!!

Wonderful Kell! Nothing like smaller jeans to make us feel better! :)

Honey Girl, it's too true, feeling reluctant to start is an awful hurdle to overcome, but the benefits are both physical and mental, and even emotional. We're off to the gym now! No, really, we are! We have a treadmill and bike here, at home, but we're going for the elliptical "killer", and some weight machines.

We haven't been staying on Atkins, but have at least cut down on food intake, and it's working so far. In fact we had weetabix biscuits with cream cheese this morning. Lovely. :)

We got new uniforms at work and if they'd arived 2 weeks earlier, I would have had to send them back for a larger size, as they'r ecut differently than the old ones (which now hang off me) and taper in where my waist used to be (it hasn't been seen for years - LOL!). I'm very glad to have dropped that 13lbs and it's motivating me to keep going because I want THESE shirts to hang off me too. It certainly means I cannot let it creep back on or I'll have to fork out for new shirts out of my own pocket! :)

Honey Girl, it's too true, feeling reluctant to start is an awful hurdle to overcome, but the benefits are both physical and mental, and even emotional. We're off to the gym now! No, really, we are! We have a treadmill and bike here, at home, but we're going for the elliptical "killer", and some weight machines.

Oh tell me about it Pontalba! I have been on & off the diet for months now. I'm just really angry at myself for letting myself get to the stage where I am too overweight. I wouldn't say I am enormous but I am tubby and its depressing. I am really trying to get motivated and moving - so far I think I am doing pretty well but I am feeling so gross and swollen.

I'm thinking on joining Weight Watchers too :character0104:

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you like it and can stick with it Chesil! :D Its so much harder to work out when you have it at home, IMO. I have a Biggest Loser work out DVD but they go so darn fast in it and I just can't keep up. My apartment has a 'gym' (aka, a broken treadmill and a stationary bike in a small closet-like room) that I'm going to try and make more use of, especially this week. My legs are horribly out of shape and I need to get my diet back on track. Slimfast works but I can't seem to stay away from the bad things.

Oh tell me about it Pontalba! I have been on & off the diet for months now. I'm just really angry at myself for letting myself get to the stage where I am too overweight. I wouldn't say I am enormous but I am tubby and its depressing. I am really trying to get motivated and moving - so far I think I am doing pretty well but I am feeling so gross and swollen.

I'm thinking on joining Weight Watchers too :character0104:

Well, I need to lose at least 20(ish) pounds more, and we've gone back on the Atkins as of last week strictly. I'd gained back 3 pounds, so that's come off again, plus 2 more. I'm still taking a size or two (depending) smaller, so that's a good thing.

Decided to try and make use of the Wii again, and tried my Just Dance 2 game yesterday, using the Just Sweat option. It's good fun, and I'm hoping it'll help me get a bit fitter :)

Hope you like it and can stick with it Chesil! :D Its so much harder to work out when you have it at home, IMO. I have a Biggest Loser work out DVD but they go so darn fast in it and I just can't keep up. My apartment has a 'gym' (aka, a broken treadmill and a stationary bike in a small closet-like room) that I'm going to try and make more use of, especially this week. My legs are horribly out of shape and I need to get my diet back on track. Slimfast works but I can't seem to stay away from the bad things.

I don't know about it being harder, maybe so, but I do love the convenience of not having to dress in gym clothes to go exercise, then go shopping sweaty.

We combined the media room with exercise. The TV, one of the laptops, 4 bookcases of DVDs and tapes, 3 bookcases with books, the treadmill and stationary bike, plus a double recliner all fit comfortably in there.

We found a bunch of Star Trek posters, and one from Forbidden Planet, and several play related posters also at the local consignment store for the walls.

Chesil, I love the Wii! :D We haven't used it much yet, but will I'm sure. Good luck! :D

Chesil, I love the Wii! :D We haven't used it much yet, but will I'm sure. Good luck! :D

I've only used it for games so far, and I have to say, Just Dance feels like a game too, but with the added benefit of actually giving me some exercise! I've just had another go, and I'm starting to get to grips with the steps of some of the dances now, and it's easier to put more effort into it. :)

I've been on the My Fitness Pal website for ust over a month now and cannot believe how well I've been doing with the support of people there. I've so far managed ot drop 20 lbs, which is more than a quarter of the way to my goal weight, through a combination of watching what I eat and burning off calories with exercise. I'm' feeling moer nergised than I have in years and yesterday I had to buy new work trousers - 2 sizes smaller than the old ones! (Same make and style too, so it can't be accounted for by variation in make and style!). Feeling very positive about reaching my goal this time and STAYING THERE! :)