Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halfway through 'For One More Day' and just starting 'Dying Light'. With all my talk about Stuart MacBride thought I should read another of his.

Got in a good reading session this morning and another just after lunch and managed to read just under 200 pages of Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris, which finished the book. I enjoyed it more than the first in the series and will post a full review in my reading list blog.

Unsure what to start next as there are so many books on my TBR pile that I fancy starting. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

For the first time since September I have started reading a book for pleasure and continuing to do so! It is connected to my studies so I think that helps. :D

Anyhow, it's called The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo, fascinating! :)

I was up early this morning, so I've already done my chores for the day. I'm going to be pottering around online for about an hour - catching up on emails, Google Reader and of course having a browse on here - and then I'm going to snuggle up on the couch with a new book. Not sure which one yet, though. I'll need to have a look through them all and see which one takes my fancy.

Was up early today and made a start on The Way Home by George Palecanos. Have read the first 100 pages or so and am really enjoying it so far.

He has an excellent style of really introducing his characters and giving you all their background information in an exciting way. Hopefully will manage to read some more later.

I'm on chapter 19 of 'The Childrens Book' ... and am having to concentrate on it so hard that it's losing some of it's appeal. I can see that it's beautifully written but it feels like hard work at the moment. There are a couple of storylines that I'm really interested in and I seem to be waiting interminably for the writer to return back to them.

Reading this is a bit like swimming in a weed infested river with Grindylows pulling at your legs ... you can't wait to get out into open, clear water.

I feel like Eliza Doolittle ...

'Words, words, words

I'm so sick of words

I get words all day through

First from him now from you

Is that all you blighters can do?'

It's alright .. I've gone mad, I'm only a third of the way through a 600 pager ... chicklit looks so desirable now!

I was reading a book called Me & Emma - but I have decided to stop. I just don't want to read about children being chained to metal poles, fed dog food & being sexually abused by their step-father. Not what I want to be reading, really.

I seem to have settled on Uneasy Lies the Head by Jean Plaidy and plan on getting into that today.

I have just been bad and ordered The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell, I've been in the mood for an Arthurian tale for a while now and after searching the forums and Amazon, decided upon this one. Can't wait :)

I have just been bad and ordered The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell, I've been in the mood for an Arthurian tale for a while now and after searching the forums and Amazon, decided upon this one. Can't wait :)

Excellent choice, Mexicola! I read the series a few years back (that series is where I got my user name from, funny enough) & loved them! Hope you love them as much as I did!

The Winter King is the 1st in the series. After that, it's Enemy of God, then Excalibur. My Welsh OH, who is a bit obsessed with the Arthur legend, swears they are the best books he's read on the subject. Happy reading!

I've just finished The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent. While I thought it was a bit slow to start with, it turned into an amazing read. I'd definitely recommend it :)

I read the Lucifer Effect a couple of months ago Nici. It really is fascinating, and kind of scary.

I have been learning about it at college and have become really interested in it, so much so that I am basing my research project on it!

I've been reading some 100 pages of Bret Easton Ellis' The Rules of Attraction. I've liked it so far, really. I'm about half done with it, so let's see if the second half is as interesting.