Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, it's very compelling so far, he certainly has a somehow magnetic way with his words and his ideas are always refreshing.

I read about 50 pages of The Blackstone Key last night (since I couldn't sleep :friends0:) and am about 2/3 of the way through. Even though I like some of the characters and it's sufficiently keeping my attention, it almost feels like this could be a much shorter book. Lots of 'filler' and not enough solid story I guess. Oh well, I like it enough to finish it! :D

Have less than 50 pages to go in Something Wicked This Way Comes, so I'm hoping I'll get it finished tonight :friends0:

I've ordered this off Amazon. I really liked the name so I decided to buy it. Please tell me it's good and I haven't wasted me money!

Is that all Katrina. Just one or two books on the go. :D

A few forum members aside from yourself have been reading 'Gone With The Wind' lately, and discussing it here. You may want to take a look. I'll have a look round and see where any other discussions have taken place on the books you are reading.

I managed to squeeze in about 10 further pages of Eyes Like Stars and while this may not sound like a sensible amount of progress, I'm already in love with the book and quite possibly one of the characters:lurker:!

Today my BF bought me a few books :D

The Lovers - John Connolly (I'm sure I've heard people chatting about this so I thought I'd slip it in the basket)

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (I got the Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde from the BCF Secret Santa and a few lovely people suggested reading Jane Eyre first to get the most out of it :D)

Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris

Dracula - Bram Stoker

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde (I remember Noll saying how much she enjoyed this book last year so thought I'd nab it too)

I'm still making my way through The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory so won't be making a start on these any time soon.

Oooh, generous boyfriend :D lucky Nicola!

Nicola, you're one lucky gal :D I'm particularly pleased that you got Jane Eyre and Dracula!

I know.....bless him :D. He often offers to buy me bits and bobs but I prefer paying for things myself which stems from a nasty piece of work ex-boyfriend who made me feel like cr*p if ever he bought me anything even though I'd never ask him to :D So now I don't like to have things bought for me ......annoying or what! :D

However, when Ross offers to buy me books I never say no :D It'd be rude!

I only have about 60 pages of Angel Time by Anne Rice left to read. :D Also started The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, which I'm very much enjoying, even though I've struggled with classics in the past.

I finally finished The Lovely Bones last night. :D I did enjoy the book even though it took me a while to read it but I think my mind was on other projects. I am now reading The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.

Wow thats quite a bargain you got there and reason enough for people on a tight budget to use charity shops for books, you never know what you will find.

I would never have dreamed buying books from a charity shop but now with my DH out of work its the best option. But I love getting the bargains from the charity shops now. I even use the library and if I order a book in I have to pay 50p so buying from a charity shop is cheaper. :D

I hope it's the cross stitch and not the book that's draining your mojo, I bought The Lovely Bones in a charity shop yesterday :D

I think I have too many things on the go Charm. Not only do I have the cross stitch project but I also have a card making project and about 5 books from the library to read before the deadline. :D The Lovely Bones is my own book and I was determined to finish it. I think it was a lovely book and I do recommend readig it. I hope you enjoy it.

I got this in a charity shop too before Christmas! In fact when I was trawling through the shops yesterday I saw loads of copies, hope that's not a bad sign :D

We have a few charity shops in town and everyone that I have went in has Labyrinth. I hope it's not a bad sign too. :D

Shin, that's a real bargain! I hope you enjoy Ian Rankin, I thought the book was excellent.

Thanks Frankie, I haven't read anything by Ian Rankin but hoping that I will enjoy his books.

Edited by Shin

And another very lucky gal, Mexicola :D Nice haul!

Thanks! New books are always a nice thing to return home to!

I've neglected my reading of late, but tomorrow at work should be a quiet day and I'll be on my own so I plan on taking in my Jasper Fforde and getting right stuck into it :D