Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

I didn't plan on buying anymore books this month, but honestly, who can resist a book for 1,39 euro? :friends0:

Went to this discount store with mom and they usually don't have books, but not I walked out with three Jules Verne books (have been thinking about reading some of his work lately): Around the World in 80 Days (De Reis om de Wereld in 80 dagen), From the Earth to the Moon (Van de Aarde naar de Maan) and Around the Moon (De Reis om de Maan). All are Dutch paperbacks, since I don't read French that well, might as well read them in Dutch. English would be silly. :D

Anyway, three books for 4,17, not bad ey? :lol:

They didn't have much else though, too bad. Yeah some Poe stories books, but I have that already.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Waterstones.

They don't have Flowers For Algernon.

They also don't stock Brom, and they have all of M. Crichton's books except the Jurassic Park ones.

Is there some kind of law stating that Waterstones isn't allowed stock good books or something? It's rubbish.

I hate Waterstones.

Well im at home sick with flu today so my book activity is restricted to browsing this forum so good thing i really enjoy it! :D

Hope you feel better soon StephenKingman :lol:

Am now about half way through Definitely Dead finding it a bit slower to get going than the others

I thought the first four books were great but from Dead to the World until Dead and Gone, I found the books to be much slower paced. When I think back to them the later books merge into one story and I can't distinguish one from the other. Dead and Gone returns to form though :D

I've read the first chapter of The Virgin's Lover and I can already hooked. I've put it down so I can finish off a little bit of uni work or I'll never get it done! Eeeeeeek! :friends0:

Am now about half way through Definitely Dead finding it a bit slower to get going than the others

I thought the first four books were great but from Dead to the World until Dead and Gone, I found the books to be much slower paced. When I think back to them the later books merge into one story and I can't distinguish one from the other. Dead and Gone returns to form though :D

I have a theory on this, I think it's the

lack of Eric as a love interest. After Dead To The World that's all you want to read about!

Well ... it's only a theory :friends0:

lack of Eric as a love interest. After Dead To The World that's all you want to read about!

Well ... it's only a theory :friends0:

That makes sense

I like Eric, and he hasn't been in Definitely Dead at al yet (although I think I spotted his name on the next page). Very little Alcide either, who is probably my favourite.

That makes sense

I like Eric, and he hasn't been in Definitely Dead at al yet (although I think I spotted his name on the next page). Very little Alcide either, who is probably my favourite.

I knew it! I bet you're reading on to see if they pop up, I know I did :friends0: I loved Alcide too, can't wait to see him in True Blood season 3 :D

I have read a little bit of The Rum Diary by Hunter S Thompson.

How are you liking it Kimmy? I enjoyed it quite a lot. :D

They don't have Flowers For Algernon.

They also don't stock Brom, and they have all of M. Crichton's books except the Jurassic Park ones.

Wow, that is pretty bad. Maybe they need to get you on board so you can get all the good books in. You'd be well qualified for the job!

Thanks Nicola, i am feeling a bit better now so i can dedicate a decent portion of tomorrow on my latest book Duma Key, and also browsing this forum!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. :friends0:

I received three books in the mail today:

Sylvia Plath: The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

Tom Wolfe: The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Jack Womack: Heathern

Well ... it's only a theory :D

I knew it! I bet you're reading on to see if they pop up, I know I did :lol: I loved Alcide too, can't wait to see him in True Blood season 3 :D

Yeah.....you're totally right Charm! I'm glad I'm not the only one who reads on to see if Eric pops up too :friends0: It's just no fun when the sun's up! :D

Well no guessing I am still reading The Lovely bones...maybe my mojo is leaving me or that I am engrossed in my cross stitch project. :friends0:

I got 5 books today at the charity shop.

Nice deal you got yourself there, Shin!

I'm giving up (for the second time) on Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden. This story just moves too slowly for me and it's difficult as a stop-start book since it switches from different perspectives of both characters AND time.. Too much confusion if you don't have large chunks of time to read, which I don't! :friends0:

It's just no fun when the sun's up! :D

:lol: True! Skip the boring daytime stuff, get to the night when Eric's up! :D

Well no guessing I am still reading The Lovely bones...maybe my mojo is leaving me or that I am engrossed in my cross stitch project. :D.

I hope it's the cross stitch and not the book that's draining your mojo, I bought The Lovely Bones in a charity shop yesterday :friends0:

Labyrinth - Kate Moss.

I got this in a charity shop too before Christmas! In fact when I was trawling through the shops yesterday I saw loads of copies, hope that's not a bad sign :D

Finished The Heretic's Daughter last night, not sure what to read next.