LOST - The Final Series!

Michelle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Lost has only 9 episodes left until, after 6 years and millions of "WTF" moments, the series will conclude.

So far, i have not been hugely impressed with the final series because of the tedious parallel world storylines where the main characters make it off the plane, but having said that the action on the island has been relatively satisfying.

How do you reckon it will end then??

Doesnt anyone here from Ireland watch Lost the final season! It was on lastnight on RTE2 and i can say, hand on heart, that it was the most fantastic episode of Lost i have ever seen. It was brutal, bloody and genuinely frightening at times as the backstory of Ricardo was explored in staggering detail.

Many, many themes and answers were given lastnight, especially the jaw dropping revelation that

The Island is actually a buffer to contain the Devil, and if the Devil ever manages to escape the island then the entire outside world goes to hell

. THAT knocked me sideways, and with only 7 episodes left we are in for one hell of a ride.

They announced the title of the last episode this week.

For those who want to know, here it is:

The End. I kid you not, that must have taken them hours to work out (and I was hoping for Found!).

Yeah i heard that the other day, very original! I am still very much looking forward to the finale but i think the whole show could have been wrapped up in 3 seasons and no need for all this time travel malarkey, oh well not lone till the end now...

Sooo......does anyone here still watch the final season or what???

There are only 6 episodes left until the end, and last nights episode gave a few more answers. A war is brewing, good versus evil and all that jazz and in a few weeks we will hopefully have all the answers we want.

I still love it anyway :lurker:

I've been watching, and loving it.. but I find it hard to chat about and discuss, for some reason. I'm pretty much just letting it all happen, and not thinking too deep.

Carlton and Damon have already said that they won't be answering every question, as they think some things should be left for discussion at the end.

Here's one thing though.. most people seem to be saying that in the 'alternate timeline' when the bomb never went off, the island is under water, and that means that MiB did escape - so therefore why does everyone seem to be living a generally better life?

However, I think that the island being under water may mean that they were BOTH trapped, and the battle or game between them stopped.. the losties have therefore not been touched by Jacob, and their lives have followed their original paths.

Mind you, those sideways lives may not really matter, as they are apparently going to come together in the near future.

I've just caught up with all the episodes and agree that seasons 4 and 5 dragged and got a little silly. I'm really hoping for a good ending though, but I have a feeling people are either going to love it or hate it after so long as there are so many hopes or expectations of what the ending will be. I'm finding the alt universe thing a little weird though and I can't help but wonder what it's leading up to? I think I kinda agree with Michelle that Jacob and the MiB will kinda null each other out somehow, the island goes under water and this alt universe thing is what happened when the flight went normally.

I've been watching, and loving it.. but I find it hard to chat about and discuss, for some reason. I'm pretty much just letting it all happen, and not thinking too deep.

Carlton and Damon have already said that they won't be answering every question, as they think some things should be left for discussion at the end.

Here's one thing though.. most people seem to be saying that in the 'alternate timeline' when the bomb never went off, the island is under water, and that means that MiB did escape - so therefore why does everyone seem to be living a generally better life?

However, I think that the island being under water may mean that they were BOTH trapped, and the battle or game between them stopped.. the losties have therefore not been touched by Jacob, and their lives have followed their original paths.

Mind you, those sideways lives may not really matter, as they are apparently going to come together in the near future.

Yes. i suspect the sideways timeline is their for a reason and no doubt has something to do with the timeline that the show will ultimately finish with, a clash between past present and future as it were. There will be many unanswered questions i agree but that is designed to get you to rewatch the previous seasons for clues that you may have missed or events which had no significance at the time but explain a lot after The End. In fact i would go so far as to say that Lost will be one of the most rewatched shows ever.

And hopefully the negative doubters that have been moaning for YEARS that the show is made up as it goes along will be proved well and truly wrong after the ending...:lurker:

Just 6 episodes left and the next one is about Desmond....

Well last nights episode of Lost answered nothing in my opinion, just more time travelling confusion from Desmond, i must confess that i feel a bit dumb admitting that i have no idea what his antics when he goes backwards/forwards/sideways through time and meets various characters at different stages of their lives along the way actually MEANS and what relevance this has to the approaching finale. He keeps looking to the sky in a thoughtful, eureka-type manner and says something like "Ahhhh.......i see now!", whereas im still left none the wiser as to what actually is going on.

So to summarise.....i have no clue what happened last night and with only 5 episodes left until the finale its not a good place to be :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys there are only TWO episodes of Lost left before the series finale! We will have to wait a few weeks for the next ep though because they always break for the May sweeps in America at this time so it will be a while before the next episode, "Across the Sea" airs. Have to say that they definitley wont be able to explain all of the abiding mysteries like how exactly did the original inhabitants make their way to the island, the history of the island and the nature of death on the island plus the deal with worshipping the Egyptian God Taketa???

They may deal with all these mysteries before the end buit i sense a lot will be left to the imagination.....

They've already said that they will deal with the issues important to the characters, but will not answer everything. They want to leave some things open for discussion.

Apparently the episode just before the finale will be about

Jacob and Man In Black as children

, so that could provide a few answers.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they wrap it up, but at the same time, I'm going to be very sad that it's finished.

How many episodes are there?

In the UK, episode 13 has just been shown.

17 episodes in total so another 2 episodes before the 2 hour finale.

Im also extremely excited at how this show is going to end and, although i realise that not every single mystery will be answered, i hope enough of them will be answered so that the remaining mysteries can be figured out with a bit of intelligent debate or looking over old episodes in a new way to spot clues you may have missed.

I reckon millions will tune in for The End....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there many of us still watching? :blush: If so, what were your thoughts about Across the Sea? I've heard that many people hated it, but I liked it.

I would imagine that those who didn't like it had very high expectations for the episode - I know I did feel a little let down, but when you take the episode as a whole, and don't expect too many actual answers, I think it's good.

A few thoughts, questions etc.. did their mother has 'smokey' abilities? We never saw it, but she was able to kill everyone in the village, and fill in the well - it seems to me she must have been a smokey to do that.

Was she a mixture of good and bad, doing whatever it took to protect the island, and the 'light'?

Is the smokey we saw all the bad that was in MiB, or his soul in general? And are we any closer to understanding why he was not allowed to leave? When he asked his mother as she died, she simply said 'Because I love you'.. is that it?!

Some are theorising that when he came out of the well, he carried the light with him.. so if he leaves, the light leaves. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

And finally.. how do you think it will end? Will Jack and Locke be left on the island, with Jack as the new protector? Or, as it's entitled The End, will the island be destroyed (under water, as we saw at the beginning of the season), with either the light protected, or put out? And will Desmond need to go into the well to do something, as he can apparently survive it?

Plus, of course, how do the side flashes fit in? The writer's keep saying how important they are, so will they all survive in that life, after the island is destroyed?

Any thoughts? :)

I thought that this episode was okay. We didn't really find out much, but the audience should be used to that by now :)

Poor MiB! All he wanted to do was leave.

I'm not sure about the mother. Why did she have to kill the biological mother? Was she expecting her to arrive? I don't think that she did have smokey abilities although this would explain how she managed to kill everyone. She said to Jacob at the end that he was the same as her now and Jacob wasn't smokey....Plus, the smoke monster can't be killed easily and the mother died without much trouble. Why was she there in the first place? So many questions!

I haven't liked this season very much at all. I am kind of looking forward to the end of it! :blush:

Plus, the smoke monster can't be killed easily and the mother died without much trouble.

Apparently he used the same dagger which has been given to others, plus she didn't speak to MiB before he stabbed her. If you recall, both Richard and Sayid were given a dagger (one to kill Jacob, the other to kill MiB as Locke), and were told to strike before the person spoke to them.

Plus, she obviously wanted to die, as she said 'thank you'.

Apparently he used the same dagger which has been given to others, plus she didn't speak to MiB before he stabbed her. If you recall, both Richard and Sayid were given a dagger (one to kill Jacob, the other to kill MiB as Locke), and were told to strike before the person spoke to them.

Plus, she obviously wanted to die, as she said 'thank you'.

Ahhhhhh, good spot Michelle!! I guess that the significance of killing before they get a chance to say something will be explained at some point. Do we know whre MiB got the dagger from?

I'm still watching, and I found the last ep interesting, although I come away with more questions than before, so I hope most of them are wrapped up before the end. I think the end will still have a lot of questions left, kind of a 'make of it what you will' type of thing, which might be a bit frustrating. My theory atm is that MiB will get off the island, which will cause something big to happen and the island to go under water, and somehow time will rewrite, and the sideways world will be the reality.

Also I have to say, I cannot believe

Sun and Jin

were killed off!! So so sad :blush: They were 2 of my favourite characters, so I was gutted!

Out of curiousity, who are your fave characters? And who do you think will die before the end?