LOST - The Final Series!

Michelle

I decided that this final series requires a thread all of it's own! :D It's been confirmed to return in the US on Tues 2nd Feb - evryone seems to be assuming that it will be shown in the UK on Sun 7th, but has anyone seen any official confirmation?

As we approach, and during the series, please take care to use spoilers.. it would be nice for all to take part in this thread without anything being ruined.

Please share any articles, rumours etc, for those who do enjoy them, but remember that some like to approach the series without knowing anything. :lol:

I, for one, am SO excited! :)

Promo material:

To start us off, apparently there aren't many promos being released, but there are two depictions of the Last Supper, with some of the characters. There's an article here about it.. does anyone have any more?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says on the Sky website that Lost is returning on 5th Feb at 9pm - which is a Friday?? Strange!

It also says that we will be seeing Claire, Charlie and Boone again in the final series.....

Can't wait, they've been showing little teaser trailers for ages now :)

Edited by Michelle

It says on the Sky website that Lost is returning on 5th Feb at 9pm - which is a Friday?? Strange!

I would love it to be a Friday - it means I can watch it, then tour the message boards, without worrying about getting to sleep for work the next day! :)

It also says that we will be seeing Claire, Charlie and Boone again in the final series.....

Well, we know that some people are definately dead with some people, their bodies wer enever find. My guess would be that they appear during flashbacks?

Well, considering we've had some time travel, different time lines going on at once, and then Juliet letting off that bomb, who knows.. maybe everything could be different?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure how I felt about it - it wasn't the best opening double episode ever (personally, I loved Desmond in the hatch), but interesting all the same. I'm not so keen on the idea of parallel futures, but then I wasn't keen on the time travel idea when it first started. I wonder if it will all merge into one by the end?

I guess we now have a partial answer to Smokey - it's been thought for a while that it was the smoke monster appearing as people who were dead, now we know that the MIB (man in black) is Smokey, and he can indeed make himself look like anyone else.. I'm assuming only people who are dead though? However, I wonder if we'll ever be told exactly what Smokey is?

I'm now very interested to see where this series goes - are we going to get all the answers we need, or are some things going to be left? And I certainly hope the last finale isn't a big let down!

I've put my thoughts in spoiler tags for the time being, but I was thinking that once an episode is aired in the UK, we could discuss it without spoiler tags, and those who are behind watching it (recording it etc) just stay away from the thread until they have?

Of course, all future spoilers, bits of news etc should remain spoilered.

What does everyone think?

I agree, the parallel future idea is strange, and very different to anything I was expecting. One thing that struck me, is that neither life is ideal for the survivors, in my opinion, at the moment it rather looks as if the 70s lifestyle option was the best they could have managed, with life on the island forever as the second option! John Locke seems to be a central fulcrum in this series doesn't he?

I am inclined to watch it again tonight, to make sure that I did not miss anything.

I quite liked it I think although, I agree that it wasn't the most exciting opening to the series.

I like the parallel futures. It is nice to see that they all still cross paths even though they never crashed on the island. Maybe fate means that they were all destined to meet whatever happens? I would imagine that a lot more characters will be seen in future episodes. I am glad that Shannon wasn't on the plane although there was an empty seat for her next to Boone.

I can't understand why Ethan has a parallel life too - I thought only the passengers will have parallel lives

I thought this as well Maureen, i was very surprised when i saw him. But then i was thinking that he was involved with Aaron and Claire on the island too from the start and so maybe he was meant to be involved in their lives? And i thought it was strange at the end when Claire just appeared and shot the two men - it just seemed a bit random her saving Jin's life.

I felt like episode 3 was a bit of a filler episode as nothing really happened. The

reappearance of Claire at the end was expected to some extent as she was in the parallel bits with Kate. I agree with the points above about Ethan as Kate also seems destined to play a part in Claire and Aaron's lives.

So what does everyone think so far? Just watched the first three and I have to say I was impressed.

I guess the whole idea of parallel futures works for me, it's certainly less confusing than the flashbacks and flash-forwards from previous seasons. It's good to see Charlie making a reappearance as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes us and I do hope they finish off the final season well.