Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

I finished Wicked last night. I don't think I can put into words how GOOD this book is. It is a brilliant work of fantasy but it is also so much more than that! I'll certainly read it again.

I started reading the sequel last night Son of a Witch too and that is really good so far :console:

I was recommended Wicked a few years ago by a friend.

But every time I was in Waterstones I hesitated buying it.

Not sure way, but I will definitely be picking it up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got me these in a booksale today:

Cornelia Funke: Inkspell (I've been dying to buy this book for ages but haven't because I've only seen the hardback copies which are ridiculously expensive)

Matthew Hoffman (edit.): Vet on Call (it's about little tricks with which you can take better care of your dog and do a little DIY caring.)

Finished Val McDermid's Fever of the Bone. It kept me entertained, like all of her books do, but for me, it was not a s good as normal. Will write my review tomorrow.

After watching the results of Dancing On Ice I am going to start the final installment of the Millenium trilogy; The Girl who kicked the Hornets' Nest.

I bought from asda this evening ~

The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

:)

Bought:

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

The Rotter's Club by Johnathon Coe

The first 2 are on Rory's booklist. The third I have wanted to read for a while now.

Wrote my review of Club Dead too

Cornelia Funke: Inkspell (I've been dying to buy this book for ages but haven't because I've only seen the hardback copies which are ridiculously expensive)

Ooh, I'm jealous! I've been wanting these for a while now. It's only a matter of time before I cave in and buy them all. :lol:

Bought:

I'm looking forward to reading Gone with the Wind with you, Lucybird, and Middlesex was one of my top reads of last year (and I hadn't expected to enjoy it at all!) so I hope you enjoy it as much.

I didn't get any reading done at the cricket yesterday so I'm hoping to have a good day of reading today. I also have a couple of books to pick up at the post office. :)

Bought:

Nice to see you got your copy of GwtW Lucybird :lol:Middlesex is also a good choice, not only is it on the Rory list but it's also a fantastic read, I do hope you enjoy it!

Kylie, I think you might enjoy the Inkheart-trilogy :) Happy reading today!

Thanks Frankie. I was looking at them again on the Book Depository's website, and they are enticingly cheap!

I haven't read too much yet as I'm having trouble staying awake :lol:. I've managed about 40 pages of The Plucker, though, which is getting really good. It's also darker than I thought it would be.

I went to the post office and there were 5 books waiting for me instead of the 2 that I thought would be there. Happy day! :) I got:

Vincent Bugliosi: Helter Skelter

Neil Gaiman: Coraline

Melissa Katsoulis: Telling Tales: A History of Literary Hoaxes

William Shakespeare: Macbeth

Charles Stross: Halting State

I haven't read too much yet as I'm having trouble staying awake :lol:. I've managed about 40 pages of The Plucker, though, which is getting really good. It's also darker than I thought it would be.

Waaaaaaaant :(

Also, buy the Inkheart Trilogy :):friends0:

I think the thing that has been putting me off buying the Inkheart trilogy is that not everyone seems to love them, or that not all of them are great. I can't remember exactly (I should go and read the thread again), but it worries me a little. However, Noll, if you say that all three are definitely wonderful, then I'll trust you (no pressure :))

The Shining has called me again. Read a few more chapters last night :) I'm supposed to be going along with Under The Dome but for probably the first time, i'm really struggling with one of King's stories.

I finished Dream Makers by Nora Roberts last night. It contained two short romance stories, both of which I enjoyed :) Carrying on with Sherlock Holmes today

'The Knife Of Letting Go' by Patrick Ness arrived through the door this morning.

I am just getting into Linwood Barclay's 'Too Close To Home' now, my mojo is lurking in the shadows.......I have found that despite my wandering mojo, my TBR pile is still getting taller! :)

Oooh do let me know what you think of Telling Tales Kylie, that interested me a lot - how could it not, with a chapter devoted to Chatterton?

Will do! :) I think I might dip in and out of it, otherwise I have a feeling it might languish on my TBR pile (non-fiction books tend to do that, no matter how badly I want to read them).