Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been internet-less for the past few days so have done myself a fair bit of reading :kissing: I finished Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice which turned out to be amazing and I'm now halfway through The Vampire Armand. My new years resolution is to finish Anne rice's Vampire Chronicles :)

For Christmas my BF bought me Charlaine Harris's A Touch of Dead, The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory and The Vampire Armand.

I finished 'The Langoliers' by Stephen King and am now a few chapters in to the short story 'Secret Window, Secret Garden' :kissing:

Just finished my nostalgic re-read Sanna ja Sam - Forever? and that means I've now read 118 books this year. Only 2 books to 120, and 2 days, I'm probably not gonna make it.

Wondering what to start next. Maybe Truman Capote's In Cold Blood.

Anisia, seems like we're in the same timezone, that's a first on this forum! :kissing:

I read Thinking of You by Jill Mansell today

Ooooooooh I've been reading that today too, got just over 100 pages left.

I spent some more of my Christmas money today and bought:

The To-Do List - Mike Gayle

The Flight Of Swallows - Audrey Howard

Ghost Girl - Torey Hayden

Home Truths - Freya North

Love Rules - Freya North

Just finished my nostalgic re-read Sanna ja Sam - Forever? and that means I've now read 118 books this year. Only 2 books to 120, and 2 days, I'm probably not gonna make it.

Wondering what to start next. Maybe Truman Capote's In Cold Blood.

Anisia, seems like we're in the same timezone, that's a first on this forum! :kissing:

Oh yes, I rarely find people in the same timezone when I'm on forums!

In Cold Blood was very good! And wow, 118 books! I wish I read so much... to be perfectly honest, the net distracts me a lot of the times :)

im reading fast friends by jill mansell and im readdy enjoying it....would you recommend thinking of you? :kissing:

I find all her books very similar, all predictable with the happy ending but I really enjoy them :) This and Perfect Timing are both quite good :D

Finished Marked, and had to write my review.

I am far far too tired to pick my next book out, let alone read anything, but I have a choice of five to choose from. I just want something to keep my Mojo alive and running away for a mini New years party!

Wow, I'm so jealous! That's terrific Frankie. Congratulations! :kissing:

After looking at the Due Back dates of my library books the two closest to handing back are Stolen by Kelley Armstrong and Big Over easy by Jasper Fforde.

So of course I decided to read Big Over easy. I am already 15 pages in while drinking my coffee ths morning and I have already cried with laughter. I can see me liking this book, very very much. :kissing:

So of course I decided to read Big Over easy. I am already 15 pages in while drinking my coffee ths morning and I have already cried with laughter. I can see me liking this book, very very much.
A convert, a convert :kissing: haven't read this one yet (I wasnt to finish the Thursday Next ones first) but the above pretty much sums up what any encounter with Fforde can be like.

I've been internet-less for the past few days so have done myself a fair bit of reading I finished Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice which turned out to be amazing and I'm now halfway through The Vampire Armand. My new years resolution is to finish Anne rice's Vampire Chronicles :D

I thought Memnoch The Devil was a brilliant book, quite thought provoking! I'm reading Blood and Gold at the min, I'm 90 pages in and tbh it's a bit boring :D I know sometimes her books can be a bit heavy and I do usually end up enjoying them, but this is even more so, I hope it picks up.

WOW! :kissing: Well done you! I thought I was doing well with 60, but girl you've almost doubled that! I'm such a lightweight :) I'm hope you hit the 120 mark :D Just wondering ..did you read this much before bcf? I did read a lot before but never as much as I did since I've joined here.

After looking at the Due Back dates of my library books the two closest to handing back are Stolen by Kelley Armstrong and Big Over easy by Jasper Fforde.

Oh please, please, please give Stolen a go! Its way better than Bitten, trust me :)

Oh please, please, please give Stolen a go! Its way better than Bitten, trust me :kissing:

To be honest I am giving it a try purely on your recommendation, as you know how little I liked the previous book, so I reserved it based on that, it will be the next one that I read. I will like all books give it an open mind, it could not have been that bad I did finish the book. :)

****edit*** @ Bookjumper, I may well be a convert. It has Crime and who dunnit, there is nothing I like more, so it already has the thumbs up from me. Tonight will be when I have a big reading session as I have a fairly light load of work so I should, by the morning let you know how I am coming along! Due to yours and some other peoples recomendations BookJumper, I realised it was a book I HAD to read!... thank you

Edited by catwoman

Coolness, CW!! I love Fforde as well and am so excited for another convert :). The Big Over Easy was hilarious, and I can't wait to read the other 'nursery crime' book, The Fourth Bear. Have fun with BOE! :kissing:

Finally posted my review of Lost Symbol, now to decide what to read next... I'm tempted to do the 3rd Sookie book, or the 3rd Kelley Armstrong, but I can't decide!