Random Quotes: p123, para5, next 3 sentences

Kell

Then, as if she had been in a state of repose for twenty minutes, she trilled slightly breathlessly: "Well...isn't this nice."

YES, MISS FLITWORTH.

"Don't often have occasion to open up the parlour these days."

REAPER MAN

Terry Pratchett

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We're still friends, aren't we?" But I didn't find anything to laugh about in this last remark of hers. I just picked up my book and walked off without another word.

~ Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

"What happened, Jamie?"

He didn't turn to face her but lowered his head, and fingered the handle of his duffle. "We got carried away."

"We were dancing."

"We were at first."

From Wilde by Katherine Warwick.

Okay, okay, but I happen to have my own books lying all over the place! LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I was pouring brandy down his throat to keep him warm. For all its good and bad points - the lowest being The Con Man, of course - it wasn't fair that almost all the series had been lost to posterity, and if I could have a word with The Man Upstairs to ask for one sketch to be saved I'd have to say Lengths. Without a doubt.

Peter Cook's Universe & All That Surrounds It

Edited by Paul Hamilton

From Wilde by Katherine Warwick.

Okay, okay, but I happen to have my own books lying all over the place! LOL.

'Are you all right, Anna?' he asked at last, when she stumbled on her way to the door, clutching a chair for support. 'You seem a little under the weather.'

'I'm fine, thank you Mr Morris,' Anna replied. 'Just tired, I think.'

'Why don't you sit down for just a moment. Get your breath.'

From Another Time and Place by Samantha Grosser.

Yes, KW. Me too. LOL

Yet none of his plans for 1933, outlined in a letter to Arnold Gingrich, publisher of a new magazine called Esquire, seemed to include his native land: "I go to Cuba in a small boat April 12 ti fish that coast for two months in case I go to Spain to make a picture, if not, for four months then to Spain. Go from Spain to Tanganyika and then to Abyssinia to shoot, Will be back next Janurary or February."

Hemingway Adventure

Michael Palin

".. until its abandonment between 1850 and 1853, in the reign of the drunken and wildly extravagant Sultan Abdul Mejid, who was so enfeebled by excessive indulgence in the pleasures offered by his Haren that he was unable to enjoy even the incomparable views from his palace across the Bosphoros."

A Traveller's Life by Eric Newby

'Graham, its Jack.' He kept his voice down now. 'Sorry to call you so late.'

'No problem. Is everything ok?' Graham asked with concern, used to Jack's late-night calls over the past year.

A place called here by Cecelia Ahern

The enchantment was no more, the spell was broken. We were mortal again, two people playing on a beach. We threw more stones, went to the water's edge, flung ducks and drakes, and fished for driftwood.

Rebecca

Daphne du Maurier

'They both had the same mannerisms, the same direct way of looking, the slanting cheekbones, sharp chin'.

Chocolat byJoanne Harris:mrgreen:

'For the grounds were regularly patrolled by porters in night-blue uniforms who meted out their own brand of justice'.

Nocturnes by John Connolly, taken from the story, 'The Ritual Bones'

"Now, just a minute -" John began.

"Just a minute yourself, Mr Woods," Chief Molyneux interrupted. "Your son has been present at the commission of four homicides; and whether he committed them himself or whether some wacky ghost came popping out of him and committed them for him, he's still a danger to the community at large, and he's probably a danger to himself, too."

Death Dream - Graham Masterson

For instance, the programmer must supply the condition to be evaluated. The condition must be a Boolean expression, which is an expression that results in a Boolean value (True or False). In addition to supplying the condition, the programmer also must supply the statements to be processed when the condition evaluates to true and, optionally, when the condition evaluates to false.

Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Reloaded by Diane Zak