The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

I've never heard of that director before :)

I really hope they make something exciting at the end of Breaking Dawn. I think that book could have been so much more if the action at the end had amounted to something :tong: Here's hoping ;)

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of that director before :)

He's not exactly brilliant! Have you seen Dreamgirls or Gods & Monsters (he won an Oscar for the screenplay)? He also wrote the screenplay for Chicago, come to think of it - he seems to be far better suited to screenwriting than directing. I have no idea why Summit have gone with him unless they want BD to fail!

I have seen both the Twilight films and I must say, I'm definitely not impressed. I'm the opposite actually. Although I'm a fan of Robert Pattinson, I'm not so fond of the 16-year-old who plays Jacob and I don't think Kirsten (Kristen?) is right for the Bella's part. The films are rather shallow, some of the scenes were really awkward - especially in the second film. I don't know what your experience with the film was but I went to see it in the cinema and I can honestly say that the whole audience laughed at the awkward

proposal

at the end of the movie.

In my opinion, the films are not nearly as good as the books but I must however go to see every one of those - preferably at the cinema. I have a thing for seeing films that are written by books I have read - whether it is to judge the whole script or to enjoy the show. ;)

Edit: I wanted to add that I do love the actress who plays Alice in the film! She's so right for the part, but I don't think Jasper's character is the same as in the books with his actor. He's also my absolute favourite in the books so I was really disappointed:(

And don't get me wrong either - I think the trailer looks all right and I'm always sort of looking forward to see how the films turn out. :)

Edited by Sk

According to this article, we may have to wait until 2013 for Breaking Dawn!!!

http://denofgeek.com/movies/474424/twilight_breaking_dawn_director_confirmed_now_just_one_film.html

I think they need to remember that vampires don't get any older looking and all of the cast are actually human & will age :) As much as I love Jackson & RPattz, I think they're already pushing the fact that RP is 24 in a couple of weeks and he plays a 17yo. Looks like Summit are definitely going down the route of car wreck.

http://denofgeek.com/movies/474424/twilight_breaking_dawn_director_confirmed_now_just_one_film.html

I think they need to remember that vampires don't get any older looking and all of the cast are actually human & will age :D As much as I love Jackson & RPattz, I think they're already pushing the fact that RP is 24 in a couple of weeks and he plays a 17yo. Looks like Summit are definitely going down the route of car wreck.

Thanks for the link Fi and good point :lol:

I think they need to remember that vampires don't get any older looking and all of the cast are actually human & will age :D As much as I love Jackson & RPattz, I think they're already pushing the fact that RP is 24 in a couple of weeks and he plays a 17yo. Looks like Summit are definitely going down the route of car wreck.

Although I know that I could never wait that long for the film, there is a slight twinge in my inner self that makes me want to make sure that this film is really good!! And I mean good! As some of the scenes could be spectacular if done right!

Well, I don't think it's going to be good, especially if the biggest rumour floating around just now that they'll be cutting all the Isle Esme stuff out is true - car wreck, Summit :motz:Apart from anything, Bill Condon is better known for his screenplays than his directing!

Well, I don't think it's going to be good, especially if the biggest rumour floating around just now that they'll be cutting all the Isle Esme stuff out is true - car wreck, Summit :motz:Apart from anything, Bill Condon is better known for his screenplays than his directing!

I agree with you Fi (I did not know about the cutting of Isle Esme, oh dear...:D)

I think there are better directors out there and as you say Fi, Bill Condon is better known for his screenplays, I don't think he will get the whole aspect of BD and what it means to a lot of the fans out there, I could be wrong, at this point, I am hoping I'm wrong :lol:

I got the BEST present today from peacefield (thank you!) ~ A Edward Bookmark which says 'The Cullens' on the back, A New Moon pen (with all three characters, which is now in my bag), a New Moon badge and New Moon adhesive bandages and also a lovely card with a fantastic article in it, they are all ACE, thank you peacefield!:D

I've got an open mind at the moment - I've seen other occasions where someone I thought would be rubbish (either acting, writing or directing) has ended up being amazing, so you never know!

wrt to the Isle Esme thing, I can sort of see how that can be lifted out without ruining the plot too much, and also, if it means more screen time to Bella's

first few days as a vampire

with lots of Cullen family activity, I won't mind losing it.

I got the BEST present today from peacefield (thank you!) ~ A Edward Bookmark which says 'The Cullens' on the back, A New Moon pen (with all three characters, which is now in my bag), a New Moon badge and New Moon adhesive bandages and also a lovely card with a fantastic article in it, they are all ACE, thank you peacefield!:D

I treated myself to a "Team Edward" keyring this week :lol:

You are most welcome, Weave!! I love buying sparkly things and you deserved a 'congrats on your new job' gift! :tong::D

Excellent purchase, Chesil! :)

I'm with you guys too in the fact that I'll be reserving judgement and keeping an open mind about Condon doing BD. I would love to ask Summit their reasons for picking him though! Ah to be in on that decision, huh? Either way, I'm excited, woo!! :lol:

Despite my reservations about Bill Condon (I still have 'Candyman 2' sketch on my brain :D) I am keeping an open mind! Come on Isle Esme! :lol:

Message from Bill Condon to Twilight fans

http://www.spunk-ransom.com/2010/04/30/breaking-dawn-director-sends-message-out-to-fans/

Think they're trying to calm everyone down after a bout of mass panic?

:D I think so too, its quite a nice letter :lol:

Oooooh nice, Weave, thanks! You hit the Eclipse jackpot today! :D

They all look so great! Yayyyy!

Its great to see, I even like how annoyed Leah looks in the pic, because Leah is always annoyed really :D and I can't wait to see my favourite character next to Edward, just because he is so cool and is in fact the voice of reason ~ Seth Clearwater! ;)

Edited by Weave

:D Yeah, Leah looks really annoyed, as she should! Jasper looks scary too. I just realized, where's Boo-Boo? Or am I missing something? Is there another wolf missing too?

:D Yeah, Leah looks really annoyed, as she should! Jasper looks scary too. I just realized, where's Boo-Boo? Or am I missing something? Is there another wolf missing too?

(Embry, Jacob, Jared, Quil, Sam, you are right, no Seth! or Paul :D

Edited by Weave

Oh no, where's Seth and Paul?? That's odd.

Maybe their photos weren't ready :D you see a small glimpse of Wolf Seth in the trailer when he runs away from the falling tree :D

Maybe their photos weren't ready :D you see a small glimpse of Wolf Seth in the trailer when he runs away from the falling tree :D

:D Maybe they weren't 'wolfed up' enough for their shots! The premiere just needs to get here already. I hope you don't have to work the day it comes out, Weave! ;)