The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

I didn't get all the same extra features you guys in the UK did :lol:. I was looking around online and realized that I'll have to buy 3 different store's copies in order to get all the extras that are out there. What a :lol: pain!

Aww I hate that. I wish they'd just put the same on every DVD so you didn't have to buy so many.

I got mine from Morrisons for

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the 2 disc special, I have listened to some of the commentary and the deleted scenes :irked:

Oh and course, the movie, I have watched that too :D

I keep watching it before I come to work in the morning. Needless to say, I am later to work most days now!

:D:irked:

Well, I've watched all the extras and listened to the commentary now, as well as being on my third viewing of the film!

I liked the commentary a lot, much funnier and more interesting than I was expecting, and I'm fascinated by the technicalities of film making, so to have the editor (who was very personable and entertaining in his own right) talking with the director was very enlightening to me. But, I really wanted to hear from Rob, Kristen and Taylor together with Chris.

I think the only mistake with the deleted scenes was the "driving home from party" scene which I think would have been right. I don't think it was too long and it adds to the explanation of Edward's decision to leave.

The extras I liked most (outside of the commentary) were "fandimonium" and "interview with the volturi" but on the whole, I was slightly underwhelmed by the extras in general.

Woo for multiple viewings, Chesil! :smile2:

I agree with you about the commentary. Chris is hilarious, and I loved hearing about the technical aspects of filming from both he and Peter. It was interesting to hear about how they did certain shots, and to hear the 'director terms' for certain things was neat. I still would've loved to have heard the cast as well, like you.

I didn't get either of those extras with my DVD that you mentioned ;). But I did love watching the 6-part making of, so that was probably my favorite of the extras aside from the commentary.

Hi Everyone,

How are you ALL doing? :smile2:

My friend sent me this link today with the announcement of a new book by Stephenie Meyer, which is titled - 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner', Bree was a character in 'Eclipse'.

Click here :smile2:

There is no release date as yet and 'Midnight Sun' is still on hold because she is not writing about vampires BUT (as mentioned) Bree is a vampire! :D

More news on 'The Second Life of Bree Tanner', it will be available online from 7th June 2010 to 5th July 2010 ~ Here :D

The full statement has been posted on Stephenie Meyer's website ~ Here :smile2:

Me too, of course! Thanks for posting the info, Weave :lurker:.

You are welcome, it was my two friends who sent it :yahoo:

Uh oh ... I may have a bit of a problem :lurker: ... the more I watch New Moon, the closer I get to switching my allegiance to Team Jacob! The scene at the cinema when he's sat with Bella is so heartfelt, and then turns to such great comedy when Mike comes back and interrupts them. Then when Bella goes to his house and they talk in the rain - it's just heartbreaking. What's happening to me? :yahoo:

Oooooh nice Eclipse stills, Weave! I'm digging the v-neck and sideburns on Ed :exc:. And is it me but does it look like a Cullen jeans convention in that group pic? Quite a lot of denim there :lurker:.

I know, its like they all went shopping together :yahoo: and just bought jeans :she:

I notice one of the comments below the photos was that Bella's hair finally looks natural. Personally, I think it looks like a terrible wig!

It was a terrible wig, Kstew had cut all of her hair off for her part in 'The Runaways', her hair looks really bad and I don't usually notice things like that (well not all the time) but the first time I saw the Eclipse trailer, I said to myself 'what the heck is going with her hair' (yes I know I am mean):lurker: