The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristins wig does look awful and so does Jasper's, especially considering a vamps hair isn't supposed to grow?! :lurker:

Definitely Lexie, there is a lot of hair issues :yahoo:

The sideburns pass the test though! And luckily we have v-neck sweaters to save us from losing it over bad wigs :yahoo::lurker:.

Oh yeah the side~burns and v~neck are definite winners :exc:

Yep, and oh, I keep forgetting to mention that hopefully Sam won't be sporting those capri sweatpants in the next film. Although for continuity's sake, I wonder if they made him wear them again?! They were dorky looking imo.

Yep, and oh, I keep forgetting to mention that hopefully Sam won't be sporting those capri sweatpants in the next film. Although for continuity's sake, I wonder if they made him wear them again?! They were dorky looking imo.

Yeah, better breeks for Sam :lurker:

Ok, so I've watched New Moon a couple of times now (well, maybe just a few more :lol:) and there are some little things I love, and at least one thing that bugs the hell out of me.

I love Jacob at the cinema when he turns on Mike - the facial expressions are just brilliant.

Also, when Bella goes to ask the Cullens to vote and Edward starts to say something, and Bella just turns to him and says "Shut up" in such a teenage way it makes me chuckle each time.

But, this bugs me each time now ... in the final scene, Edward tells Bella his one condition for

changing her is that she marries him

. In the books, we know why Bella is against this, but as far as I can remember, it's never been mentioned in the films at all, and to anyone who's only seen the films, does this make for such a dramatic end? And why the intake of breath, and the supposed cliff hanger? Just irritates me each time.

I am not sure Chesil, we know in the books Bella is against marriage because of her parents but Edward eventually talks her around (am I the only one who thinks 'why are you thinking this over Bella!!!!') :lol:

I think the intake of breath is her surprise at from asking to be changed to a vampire to the prospect of marrying one, plus she is pretty traumatised after the whole Italy/Volturi mini break :D

I hope that makes sense :lol: ps I love when Bella tells Edward to 'shut up' :lol:

I guess I thought that

Bella's intake of breath was just being surprised at Edward's proposal. I mean, maybe she thought it would take more persuading to get Edward to change her, and now when she hears all she has to do is marry him, it caught her off guard?

I chuckled many times too though! I love the 'shut up' line, and also Emmett's 'dating an older woman' quip. :lol: Billy had some great lines, and even poor Harry and his 'the force is strong with me.' I laughed a lot more with this second film, and I think that's why I enjoyed more.

I guess I thought that

Bella's intake of breath was just being surprised at Edward's proposal. I mean, maybe she thought it would take more persuading to get Edward to change her, and now when she hears all she has to do is marry him, it caught her off guard?

I chuckled many times too though! I love the 'shut up' line, and also Emmett's 'dating an older woman' quip. :lol: Billy had some great lines, and even poor Harry and his 'the force is strong with me.' I laughed a lot more with this second film, and I think that's why I enjoyed more.

There was so many funny lines, Charlie's 'ladies man' line give me a giggle. :lol:

There was so many funny lines, Charlie's 'ladies man' line give me a giggle. :lol:

Yes! I meant to say Charlie, not Billy, oops :lol:. I loved that line, Weave, he's so sweet trying to make Bella feel better, awww. I also love Jessica's gabbing after they come out of the zombie movie, she was hilarious!

Yes! I meant to say Charlie, not Billy, oops :lol:. I loved that line, Weave, he's so sweet trying to make Bella feel better, awww. I also love Jessica's gabbing after they come out of the zombie movie, she was hilarious!

I liked that too, Bella wasn't listening and Jessica just kept talking :lol:

My favourite Harry line ~ 'Don't worry about the bears Bella. My Kung Fu is strong'.

I am not sure Chesil, we know in the books Bella is against marriage because of her parents but Edward eventually talks her around (am I the only one who thinks 'why are you thinking this over Bella!!!!') :lol:

I think the intake of breath is her surprise at from asking to be changed to a vampire to the prospect of marrying one, plus she is pretty traumatised after the whole Italy/Volturi mini break :)

I hope that makes sense :) ps I love when Bella tells Edward to 'shut up' :D

I guess I can see that, I think I just feel it comes so far out of left field, that if Bella really wants Edward to do it, then why would this be such a big hurdle? But now I think about it (as I'm actually reading the books again to try and kick start my mojo :lol:) it's maybe the first time they discuss it in the books as well, so maybe I'm just over thinking it. It does still bug me though.

But, hey, it that's all I've got to complain about, then it must be a pretty good film, huh? :lol:

Oh, and I still love Charlie, and all those lines you both mentioned!

I guess I can see that, I think I just feel it comes so far out of left field, that if Bella really wants Edward to do it, then why would this be such a big hurdle? But now I think about it (as I'm actually reading the books again to try and kick start my mojo :lurker:) it's maybe the first time they discuss it in the books as well, so maybe I'm just over thinking it. It does still bug me though.

But, hey, it that's all I've got to complain about, then it must be a pretty good film, huh? :D

Oh, and I still love Charlie, and all those lines you both mentioned!

Bellla asks Edward at the end of 'Twilight' if he will change her and 'New Moon' is the first mention of marriage :lol:, you are right Chesil :lol: Hope your mojo comes back soon :D

Just watched it for the first time and all I can say is.....Team Jacob...hubba hubba:lurker:

Team Jacob!!!!!!!!???????????? :lol::motz:

I just read that Pete Murphy (lead singer of 'Bauhaus') will be doing a cameo in 'Eclipse' as a vampire! Goths of the world unite! (plus my husband might go and see Eclipse with me because he is a HUGE fan of Bauhaus) :lol:

Click here :motz:

Cool, Weave! I wonder what possessed him to do a cameo for the film? Maybe he's a friend of Slade...

Excellent news, and now your OH has to go see Eclipse with you :motz::lol:.

7.gif

I think David Slade is a fan of 'Bauhaus' and the film, 'The Hunger' which the whole band were in with David Bowie (who asked them to be in the film because he is a fan of 'Bauhaus' too). :lol: