What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!!!

Finished reading Dexter By Design and really enjoyed it.

Not sue what to read now, will have a little think. I wanna leave Breaking Dawn for the plane.

So great that you enjoyed Dexter by Design so much ;)

I started Triptych last night and read 100 pages in the bed. I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't fall asleep and decided to read more and read another 100 pages :lol: I'm already on page 300 I think, I'm definitely going to finish the book today. It's amazing, I couldn't put it down!! It might even be the best Slaughter I've ever read, although I won't admit it. Because the Linton-Tolliver books are so different from this Trent book. But heck it's goooood!! :smile2:

I finished The Mesmerist by Barbara Ewing on Saturday -

Did you enjoy this book Janet? I bought this some time back for 99p with the Times I think it was, and haven't got around to it yet. It's my sort of thing so might pick it up after I 've finished Rebecca.

I've just been very good!:smile2: The Book People are here today and I actually walked away and bought nothing. I had a good browse but there was nothing I fancied.

Started and finished Scorpia by Anthony Horowitz (the eighth book in the Alex Rider series), today and found I literally couldn't put it down. (I didn't move from start to finish). Excellent novel. :D

Guest velocipede2288

Reading, The Burglar in the Rye, by Lawrence Block. Just finished,another Morse book, The Riddle of the Third Mile, by Colin Dexter.And, The Last Detective, by Leslie Thomas. love his books, very funny and a good mystery.

So here's a big problem, I'm really not enjoying this book. I've only read like 30 pages (the book has 88 pages) but I don't think I can continue:irked:.

Should I drop it? Should I continue?

I'd say finish it, you may as well you're already over a third of the way through.

I started The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry.

I finished The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers last night. It was brilliant from start to finish. :D

Today I've started The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It's been on my TBR pile for a while (only 2 years apparently, but it feels more like 10!) so I'm glad to finally be starting it. I'm 30 pages in and enjoying it so far. I can't even remember what it's supposed to be about so it's all going to a (pleasant, I hope) surprise. :smile2:

I finished The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers last night. It was brilliant from start to finish. :D

Today I've started The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It's been on my TBR pile for a while (only 2 years apparently, but it feels more like 10!) so I'm glad to finally be starting it. I'm 30 pages in and enjoying it so far. I can't even remember what it's supposed to be about so it's all going to a (pleasant, I hope) surprise. :D

Oh my word Kylie, you're reading The Shadow of the Wind!! Oh I do hope you like it, it's in my top 5 books ever!! (No pressure :smile2:)

I'm going to the library tomorrow to take some books back and I might just see if there's a copy of The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear there ;)

Ooh, I didn't realise it one of your favourites Frankie! That's an excellent recommendation, so I'm even more glad that I chose to read it now.

I hope you can find a copy of Bluebear! It's such a charming story, with terrific illustrations throughout. :D

I've started to put my Christmas orders in with Amazon today. Two books for my Dad: The Newspapermen and the Yiddish Policemen's Union and Breaking Point (short stories by Daphne du Maurier) for me.

The problem is that each time I put in an order for family/friends, I tend to slip one in for myself.:smile2::D