What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

250 pages into Guilty Pleasure. I am finding it a good read, even though I have had to stop and start this weekend and have not been able to have a book session for more than 15 minutes. Still, the book is flowing nicely and I am loving it so far. Looks like it will be ANOTHER series that I will be spending more hard earned money!

Hopefully I will be finished by the end of the night.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished 311 Pelican Court by Debbie Macomber this morning. Currently reading History of Brighton and its environs by Richard Sickelmore for my dissertation. Went to the library on Sat and took out Jane Green: Beach House, Jeffrey Deaver: Bloody River Blues and Kai Meyer: The Flowing Queen. Think I'm going to start the latter later

A visit to the Library across the road (Arnt I Lucky:mrgreen:)

Two Martina Cole, The Chase and Closer, she is a new author to me.

The Naturalists Bedside Book by BB.

The Golden Compass and Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman.

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.

More than enough to see me until Christmas.

I hope I am getting the Queen Mother Biography from Father Christmas.

I've been to the library and taken out more books!

Harbison: Shoe Addicts Anonymous

Slater: Mr. Darcy's Diary

Ahern: If You Could See Me Now

Matthews: The Chocolate Lovers' Club

Harrison: Brown Owl's Guide to Life

Finished The Secret scripture yesterday (review) and started The Lucifer Effect by Zimbardo.

Today bought In the Kitchen by Monica Ali and an exercise book for me. And Christmas presents, a baking book for my best friend and Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood for my Mum. All from Boarders due to massive sale.

Well, my reading mojo has started sending me postcards just to taunt me now he's been away so long. :D

I tried Sir T Pratchett, but it didn't make a difference (to my horror). I read a small paragraph in one of the Sunday papers that referenced Phillip Pullman's 'The Subtle Knife', the middle book of his Dark Materials trilogy, and I was drawn to picking it up........................it's early pages, but (my fingers are so very crossed) it seems to be drawing me in. *mini happy dance*. :)

For the time being I'm going to quietly carry on with it, and see if my mojo gets the urge to return home.

Spent most of the day in bed due to a yucky cold so have been catching up of some reading.

Inkheart....which I am struggling with I'm afraid:blush:

Eclipse....you know the one....something to do with the Twilight series :)

Pond Land and Paris ~ Susie Vereker

Sorry to hear you were laid up Inver. I was interested to know what you thought of the Susie Vereker book. I recognised her name as it's quite unusual so I looked her up to check it was same person as we were in Bangkok at the same time. I was working in the British Embassy and her husband was one of the diplomats. I hadn't realised that she had become an author. I'll have to read one of her books and then email her to catch up.:D

At present, I'm reading Mrs de Winter by Susan Hill and Love and Mr Lewisham by H G Wells.

Edited by SueK

I'm still reading Eclipse but I'm stopping at the end of virtually every chapter to debate (with myself :D) about who is right and wrong among the vamps and wolves. They're both right AND wrong about various things and I can't weigh it up enough to know who is closest to doing right by Bella. Grrr. Stephanie Meyer should not be making me think. Isn't that like a contradiction, or oxymoron or something? :)