What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kylie, I see you've been enjoying The Shadow of the Wind so far, I'm well pleased to hear that! :) And you even got a friend hooked :D High five!!

I finished Skin Privilege last night and I'm real glad I persevered, the book deserved to be read! Really shocking stuff. I started Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella after that and so far it seems good.

Started The Graveyard Book yesterday and really enjoying it. I'm up to about chapter three :D I'm loving all of the pictures and since it is a children's book/young adults it is really getting to the point quickly, which I need at the moment :)

Just read a few chapters of Generation Dead, around 100 pages to go :D can't wait to finish, I'll try and get 50 or so done tomorrow. I am, however, pondering designating an alternative book specifically for bedtime reading, possibly one about pink bunny rabbits - YA or not, this book has given me zombie nightmares before:lurker:!

My book activity has been dismal this week! :D Hopefully I'll get some Lost Symbol reading in this weekend after all the hub-ub of moving passes. I'm afraid I might need to start from the beginning too since it's possible I've already forgotten what the story is about! Ugh.

Oh, I carried a lot of boxes of books today, so I guess that's some activity, LOL.

Kylie, I see you've been enjoying The Shadow of the Wind so far, I'm well pleased to hear that! :( And you even got a friend hooked :D High five!!

Thanks Frankie! I finished it yesterday and I thought it was excellent!

I'm now reading Right Ho, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse and The Eleventh Hour by Grahame Base.

My favourite bookshop sent me an email saying they're having 20% today only in their Sydney store. Of course, I have the day off work today (:)) so I'll have to make a special trip back in for it. :D I have some money left on a gift voucher so I'll probably use it all up tonight.

I bought three books at the sale with my gift voucher so it didn't cost me a thing:

Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games

Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

F Scott Fitzgerald: Tender is the Night

Finished IT last night and am about to start The Lost Symbol. It's one of those books you have to read just like you have to poke at a sore tooth.

Haha, I think I'd rather poke at a sore tooth than read another Dan Brown:lol:

I'm still reading short stories by Daphne du Maurier, this collection is called Breaking Point and was written when she, herself, was under considerable duress and bordering on a nervous breakdown. The stories were written, basically, to keep her sanity. They are quite dark and strange but interesting to read. This is just a bridge though until I decide what to embark on next - hmmm, will be it a saga or thriller:blush:

I gave three books to my son to take home with him to Manchester. He walked away with 'Good Omens', by Misters Pratchett & Gaiman 'Fear Itself' by Jonathan Nasaw and 'The Big Over Easy' by Jasper Fforde.

It proves how much I love 'im, I am yet to read 'Good Omens'! :)

Oh, and my Dad gave him a book on organic gardening - he and flat mates no have an allotment.

That is indeed a lot of maternal love, Chrissy. Make sure he gives you them back; Good Omens is class.

As for my very own activities:

The bad: received my last mooched book but one today, a hardcover copy of Pet Sematary by Stephen King which I'd specifically chosen for the collectable, pretty, non-tacky design... now I find that the giver couldn't even be bothered to state "cover different from picture"; obviously, it's precisely the kind of horrible edition I was trying to stay away from. It looks suspiciously like a first edition but I don't care, it's ugly - the dust jacket is positively repellent:motz:.

The very good: LibraryThing runs a SantaThing every year, very much like our Secret Santa - I couldn't afford it, but thanks to one of many generous members willing to adopt lesser fortunate ones, I now get to surprise someone with $25 worth of books they might like and be surprised by the same amount worth of books I might like based on my library... how lovely is that :)? It's nice to be reminded that there's nice people out there.

Edited by BookJumper