What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem? I don't understand. I think maybe you've misunderstood the meaning of that word ... I believe the word you're looking for is "benefit", as in saving time, money on postage and effort in placing a separate order.

Well Chesil, the problem lies in the fact that I can't resist buying, it's an addiction. I'm going down to Booklovers Anonymous again tonight to try get myself sorted :D ......

Love J.B. Priestley. I have 13 of his books, but never read Delight, I shall have to look out for it. The Good Companions is my favourite of his works.

Oh good, another JBP fan. I love the Good Companions too but Angel Pavement is my favourite all time best read! You'll love Delight it's a "delight".;)

the problem lies in the fact that I can't resist buying, it's an addiction. I'm going down to Booklovers Anonymous again tonight to try get myself sorted
I believe I may own a book you might like to peruse for your own salvation... :D!

Love J.B. Priestley. I have 13 of his books, but never read Delight, I shall have to look out for it. The Good Companions is my favourite of his works.

I have now bought Delight but haven't read it yet. :D Someone else on here recommended The Good Companions too so I shall have to look out for that.

Just finished 'A Clockwork Orange'. Really loved this book, probabaly goes down as one of the best books ive ever read. I already want to re-read it which is rare for me these days.

Im going to resist though so its onto 'The Outsider' by Albert Camus on my commute home tonight.

I thought the same, it did pick up a bit but I'm gonna read Triptych before I go out and buy Fractured or Genesis ;)

Well I guess I must read it anyway, no matter how hard it'll be. And do read Triptych before the other two because it introduces Will Trent. If you haven't noticed already, Triptych's my favorite Slaughter so far :D

I thought the same, it did pick up a bit but I'm gonna read Triptych before I go out and buy Fractured or Genesis :D

Yes I would read Tripych, a fantastic read in it's own right.

Just bought 'Pride and predjudice and zombies' from a local charity shop. Started reading it in a cafe over lunch, giggling in my serviette, 'strange looks aplenty!' Who cares!! Loving it so far....!!

YOu got that in a charity shop. I am sooo jealous!!!! I have been looking for that for a while. I could not even see it at the airport :D

Today I went back to my favourite place in the whole world... My local library. I had some reservations to pick up. Mr Darcy Vampire by Amanda Grange and 2nd Chance by James Patterson

I also went to my local charity shop and got a huuuuge pile of books varying between 10p and 50p.

* Michael Byrnes - The Sacred Blood

* Natsuo Kirino - Out (Been looking for this for a while!!)

* Linwood Barclay - Too CloseTo Home (Heard so many reviews on here I had to get it).

* James Becker - The Moses Stone

* Lee Weeks - The Trophy Taker (at the bottom is says "the Female James Patterson" So I had to get it and for 10p... Bargain!)

* David Gibbens - The Last Gospel

* Barbara Ewing - The Mesmerist (Never seen this before but the blurb made it sound good)

* Sam Bourne - The Last Testament (Have his first book on my TBR pile.)

* Matthew Riley - The Six Sacred Stones

* Tom Knox - The Genesis secret.

* James Rollins - The Last Oracle

* David Gibbins - Atlantis (I have not checked but thinking about it I think I might have it ;)

*Danielle Steel - Honour Thyself (THIS IS FOR MY MUM!!!!! ;)

Just finished 'A Clockwork Orange'. Really loved this book, probabaly goes down as one of the best books ive ever read. I already want to re-read it which is rare for me these days.

Yay! Do you plan on seeing the movie (if you haven't already)?

I got another book in the mail yesterday:

Elvissey by Jack Womack

My postie once again crammed it in my mail slot and damaged the book. I'll be contacting Aus Post and complaining (again) today and this time I'll be asking for monetary compensation. That's three books now that have been damaged. :D

A friend of mine on the train forgot her book this morning so I leant her The Shadow of the Wind and she absolutely loves what she's read so far, so I'll be lending it to her next week after I'm done with it. ;)

Had a Bookcrossing meetup tonight and took along

Arlington Park ~ Rachel Cusk

brought home

Thunder God ~ Paul Watkins

When the Eagle Hunts ~ Simon Carrow

The Eagles Conquest ~ Simon Carrow

All for hubby to read.