What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' over the weekend. Loved it and immediately went out and procured 'The GIrl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest'. Read the first chapter last night.

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist arrived this morning from the Book Depository in the U.K(thanks Kylie for putting me on to this site).

Not much reading going on at the moment,Bad Ear :)

You're welcome! I hope you're feeling better soon. :)

I received the last of my books from the Book Depository on Friday:

Stephen Chbosky: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I went away on the weekend and bought the following:

Murray Bail: Eucalyptus

Philip Pullman: The Amber Spyglass

Gillian Rubinstein: Space Demons

Gillian Rubinstein: Skymaze

Gillian Rubinstein: Shinkei

HG Wells: The Shape of Things to Come

Murray Bail: Eucalyptus

I read this a few years ago, Kylie, and I thought it was excellent, but I've never known anyone else who's read it, so I'll be interested to see what you think.

My book activity today has been to make a start on Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong, and I've already managed about 130 pages. After reading a weighty old tome for the past few weeks, it's great to be reading something lighter for pure entertainment!

A few chapters into Jane Eyre, and oh my, is this book superb so far. I want to slap some sense into certain characters. Jane is my soul sister.
I'd say that's one successful book you wouldn't have picked up of your own accord :D!

As for me... irked, irked, irked. After my inconclusive mission on Friday, I traipsed back to the sorting office in hope of finding my copy of Inkheart from BookMooch. Ironically, it's Inked... there's pen marks across the sides of the pages. OH, lovelily, tried to rub them off thinking they were pencil - guess what, the :) rubber stained. So now I've got red marks on there as well as the original pen ones. Yippee.

On a further sour note, my replacement bank card has entirely failed to arrive at the branch, and no Jane Eyre for me until it does :).

As I said: irked, irked, irked.

I'd say that's one successful book you wouldn't have picked up of your own accord :D!

Definitely, and now I will have to purchase a copy when I have the money. This is one I must own.

As for me... irked, irked, irked. After my inconclusive mission on Friday, I traipsed back to the sorting office in hope of finding my copy of Inkheart from BookMooch. Ironically, it's Inked... there's pen marks across the sides of the pages. OH, lovelily, tried to rub them off thinking they were pencil - guess what, the :) rubber stained. So now I've got red marks on there as well as the original pen ones. Yippee.

On a further sour note, my replacement bank card has entirely failed to arrive at the branch, and no Jane Eyre for me until it does :).

As I said: irked, irked, irked.

I am sorry things have not been pleasant lately. I hope it all gets better from here. :D

I tried The Age of Innocence a while ago but couldn't get into it. :) It's a shame as it sounds really good. I guess it might just be that I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

I hope you enjoy it - you'll have to post your thoughts and let me know what you thought of it! :D

Welcome to the forum, btw. :)

I tried The Age of Innocence a while ago but couldn't get into it. :D It's a shame as it sounds really good. I guess it might just be that I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

I hope you enjoy it - you'll have to post your thoughts and let me know what you thought of it! :D

Welcome to the forum, btw. :)

Thank you :D

Yeah I'll be sure to let you know how I get on with it. So far so good, but we'll see. May just be back onto Dracula by the end of the day :)

Aww - just think - your book is now unique! :)

About to start The House on the Strand by Daphne Du Maurier when I get off of here :) Not reading as much at the moment as I have started an xmas job and quite tired :)

I bought Tipping the Velvet and Fingersmith by Sarah Waters from a charity shop too. I really enjoyed The Night Watch

Wandered around a few charity shops today and picked up Stephen King - Cell and Sophie Kinsella - Remember Me? (a Nightwish recommendation :)) and then went into the Works and picked up the new QI book - Advanced Banter for my BF :) Now I'm off to finish The Lost Book Of Salem and start P.C. & Kristin Cast - Tempted

I ordered Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris and the new House of Night book by PC an Kristin Cast today :)

I think I'm going to buy a Touch of Dead with my birthday money (you'd think I was 8 again!) as I've heard good things about it so can't put it off :D

What are the House of Night books like Stephanie? :)