In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love vibrant teachers that attempt to make some dry subjects come alive for their students, but how on earth could a fake shooting, whether the students were aware or not be justified?

I am astounded and horrified. A group of adults decided this was OK? Are you kidding?

If they had been told beforehand, then I would have said it was a fantastic idea for a lesson on forensics, but not telling them till afterwards, after they've all been terrified was a really stupid move.

Modern schools seem to have some crazy ideas. Introducing young kids to CSI,Leaving them up trees et al. What is next?

Not so much next as earlier but in the same vein

http://www.eastkilbridenews.co.uk/lanarkshire-news/local-news-lanarkshire/local-news-east-kilbride/2010/03/10/pupils-traumatised-by-teachers-holocaust-game-68653-25996610/

What is it with schools springing these things on kids unnannounced? Of COURSE people are going to get upset and angry. I certainly would be if this kind of thing got sprung on Xan! I fully support role play as a teaching methid, but only when parents and children have BOTH been informed beforehand and parental consent has been given.

We did a role play on segregation and repression where we were separated on grounds of eye colour - green eyed kids were "in charge", blue eyed kids were regular and brown eyed kids weren't allowed things and were seperated from the others (sat all together at the back of the classroom). It was simple things like we were given biscuits - the green eyed kids got Clubs, the blue-eyes got chocolate digestives and the brown eyes got rich teas. In a quiz where points were awarded for correct answers and deducted for wrong ones, the green and blue-eyed kids got asked easy questions (e.g how do you spell "sun") whereas the brown eyed kids got hard questions (e.g. what is the capital of Afghanistan? - actually, to futher compound the lesson, one smart-alek brown-eyed kid answered a question like that with "The capital of Afghanistan is "A" and was then made to stand in the corner at the front of the room, facing the wall "as an example"). The difference to this was we knew about it beforehand, as did our parents.

Edited by Kell

Yep DI Burnside

Awesome! I liked him!

even thoughI didn't find him attractive he did have amazing blue eyes..sucker for the eyes..especially on toast :smile2:

I've met him IRL, and he is such a lovely lovely guy! Those eyes are as gorgeous as you would imangine too. ;)

That's such a shame.

Unfortunately most people don't wear seatbelts on coaches and busses, although I think it's law that you have to now. I'm suprised they even set off with the weather as it was this morning. A terrible tragedy really.