What's for dinner? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

We had a surprise meal yesterday!

Had turned up to visit b-i-l and his partner to see their new kitchen and while we chatted, his partner made a fabulous Iranian chicken dish with rice and tomatoes. Delicious. :motz:

I've never had Iranian food before...what was it like?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never had Iranian food before...what was it like?

Lovely! :smile2:

It was a moist, spicy chicken dish, heavy on the cumin (with other spices thrown in), with tomatoes and onion and served on a bed of tumeric rice. She also makes a dish with beef that is mouthwatering. Her herb and spice usage is just divine. I keep trying to take a peek at her spice cupboard (yes, a whole cupboard devoted entirely to them!), but sadly, a lot of them are either not labelled or not written in English. I tend to play 'guess the herbs and spices' when she cooks.

I am determined to get one or two recipes from her. :motz:

I'm going to have pasta and cheese now, then later i am making mince and mash since i need to kick myself into my routine again and mash is usually a good part of that :irked:

Chrissy, that chicken dish sounds delicious! It sounds similar to a dish my mom and grandma made which also included green beans. I'm not sure that they use as much cumin in Lebanese cooking, but I do know they use cinnamon.

I'm not sure what I'm having tonight, seeing that it's not even 9am here, but I did take chicken out of the freezer so something to do with that. :irked:

I splurged today and went to the Lebanese deli downtown, yum! I had flat bread, babaghanoush and tabouli for dinner. Not as good as grandma's/mom's, but as close as I'll ever get! :blush:

I really don't know, think i'll pick something up sometime today :blush: Thinking of roast potatoes and mixed veg with summat :D

Not baking, but I have a good old fashioned rice pudding cooking right now so the gorgeous scent of nutmeg is wafting throughout the flat at the moment. Yummy!