What have you been watching at the cinema? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

Kick-Ass. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

I expected Kick-Ass to be a full-on comedy, much in the vein of Superbad etc. so when it turned out to be fairly unfunny I guess I was a little disappointed. Still a good movie, though, just more superhero and less laughs than I thought!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Clash of the Titans yesterday, thought it was terrible. Even OH wasn't too impressed and it's definitely more his type of fare than mine; I'd say he was disappointed whereas I was downright appalled.

The mythology is so skewed the God of War videogame is a more reliable source of information on what the Ancient Greeks believed, the gods are so underdeveloped it's a crime, the acting of most is so flat and uninspiring the few good 'uns have nothing to latch onto (let's say poor Liam Neeson fails to save the day here as he did in Phantom Menace), the action scenes aren't all that and the 3D is so badly done you could have easily watched the film without the googles.

Save your money, I say, and rent the original with Sir Larry Olivier. It might be dated but it still rocks, especially compared to this tripe.

@ Bookjumper:- Thats a shame, I was decided on not going to see the 3D as I have a dodgey eye and when trying 3D glasses out on the tv it just didn't work so didn't want to waste money but now thinking i'll waste money seeing it at all makes me re-think going now. The trailer makes it looks so good as well :( Not sure what to do now as I am still intrigued and can't think of anything else to see....hmm...

I opted out of going to Clash of Titans and looks like it was a good choice....Kenny and his dad went, but weren't exactly raving about it when they came back saying it was OK.

I haven't been to the cinema in ages, but I want to see Kick Ass so I think I might go see that tomorrow or Monday :)

I saw that last week Noll, I hope you aren't easily offended as there is some 'interesting' language :(

I went to see Remember Me on Friday and enjoyed it.

We have our tickets booked for Cemetry Junction on Wednesday evening. Have been looking forward to the film for a while now and really hope it doesn't disappoint!

I've not heard of that film, Mexicola, but just from the blurb/cast info I saw on IMDB it looks great! You'll have to let us know what you think of it :irked:. I'm not sure when it opens in the US, but it looks like something I might dig.

We have our tickets booked for Cemetry Junction on Wednesday evening. Have been looking forward to the film for a while now and really hope it doesn't disappoint!

My hubby want's to see that .. he was born in Reading and went to college there so he's more than familiar with cemetery junction ... he loves Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant too so he's really looking forward to it.

Hope you liked it :irked:

Went to see Chash of the Titans in 3D last night was a bit dissapointed not the worst film I have seen in the last 6 months but the 3D was nothing special and the story nothing like the real story and not as good as the original film

I really liked it, poppyshake :D No disappointment here, it's a thoroughly enjoyable drama with a good dose of humour as well. The boys done good :tong:

Good .. it's my hubby's birthday on Monday so it'll be lunch out and then hit the cinema :lol:

Clash of the Titans 3D was also the last film I saw...ruddy awful film! I fell asleep!

I really wanna see Kick Ass, looks awesome. I'm the manager of a multi-plex cinema so you'd think I'd have seen more films :D but going to see a film on my precious days off is a bit like a busman's holiday!