The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

The condensed comedies, Hamlet's failed soliloquy and the Ego-Id-Superego deconstruction of Ophelia were probably my favourite bits, although I plan to watch it again very soon to take it all in.

QUOTE]

I'm glad you liked it! One of my favorite parts is when they do Hamlet backwards. :D Oob!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, I did watch The Reduced Shakespeare Company: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged at 2.30am last night - even through my muddled tiredness, it was histerical.

The condensed comedies, Hamlet's failed soliloquy and the Ego-Id-Superego deconstruction of Ophelia were probably my favourite bits, although I plan to watch it again very soon to take it all in.

Definitely recommended to all and sundry, although I believe that familiarity with the Bard would enhance the experience and make the jokes even funnier - after all, they are all in-jokes.

I wish I'd know this was available on DVD! I saw them live doing this show when I was in college (OMG, that was about 13 years ago!) and it was pants-wettingly hilarious! :) I was one of the ones yelling "Paint an inch thick" at poor Opheila. :D

One of my favorite parts is when they do Hamlet backwards.
I must have nodded off during this bit 'cos I don't remember it at all :D oh well, guess I will have to watch it again now won't I?

@ Kell: you lucky, lucky woman!!

I really love Wall-e

Me too! I'd seen it at the cinema when it came out, but it was the first time my partner had seen it, so it was good to watch it again. I don't know why, but this time around, I found the first half heartbreakingly sad rather than funny, but it's still brilliant.

I thought the christmas episode was brilliant, when they found the baby on the doorstep and they were the 3 kings. :D

:roll: that was funny.

The first two series were very funny but after that it kind of ran out of steam, i thought, although it still had it moments.

The Taking Of Pelham 123

Is that the original or remake?

Yesterday Underworld 2 and 3 (didn't think 3 was that great to be honest, really missed Kate Beckinsale too, one of the most gorgeous women ever), and this morning/afternoon part of Jane Eyre (the mini-series from 2006, with Ruth Wilson). *sighs* Love it.

Amoungst watching NYE shows last night with bad musical acts we watched 'Trekkies.' :D I've watched it dozens of times but I still laugh every time I watch that mavie.

Is that anything like the book tapes with Trek bloopers? Those are pretty funny too.

Amoungst watching NYE shows last night with bad musical acts we watched 'Trekkies.' :D I've watched it dozens of times but I still laugh every time I watch that mavie.

You watched Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve too? :roll:

I haven't seen the Trek bloopers, Pontalba, but I'll have to check it out! :D Trekkies is a documentary about Star Trek conventions and the people who frequent them :D.

We flipped between Dick Clark and Carson Daly, Cali, and man the music was bad :roll:. There were a few good Green Day songs, but I can't listen to them for too long otherwise I'd hurt myself, ugh.

We flipped between Dick Clark and Carson Daly, Cali, and man the music was bad :D. There were a few good Green Day songs, but I can't listen to them for too long otherwise I'd hurt myself, ugh.

Haha! I completely agree! It was (unfortunately) the best of the worst last night.