The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Pitt makes that film!

I thought Christoph Waltz made the film, he was awesome as Colonel Landa.

I started to watch that new Star Trek film last night but had to abandon it about halfway through because I was so terrifically bored. I had a funny feeling I wasn't going to enjoy it but OH got it on BluRay for Christmas so thought I'd better give it a try.

The Reduced Shakespeare Company: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged
Jealous :D DO WANT :friends0:!

I saw Mamma Mia! (good film, although I fail to see quite how it's "feel-good", I found it quite angsty - is it just me?) and Star Trek (again...) last night.

But Hairspray is GOOD! Man, I wish I'd been able to see that at the theatre when Michael Ball was playing Edna - but alas, ticket prices were prohibitive :kissing:.

I just finished watching Igor, and it was even better than expected. Cuuute. And yes, I cried.

I like Corpse Bride, a very poignant film in a lot of strange ways, but i do much prefer Nightmare
Admittedly, Nightmare's songs are much better - first of all, because it is possible to sing along with them; What's This? is officially my favourite Christmas song for instance, I can put it on repeat for ages and just sing along to it until my head spins - however I loved the story of Corpse Bride and how it was realised that tiny bit more... I think. As I said, I need to watch it again to be sure; it's gonna be close.

Yes, i need to watch them both again. I liked each song in Nightmare, they were very relevant and each had a purpose of advancing or giving something more to their segments. In Corpse Bride a couple just seem out of place or going nowhere. The 'What's This?' song in tandem with that scene progression is fantastic and unforgettable, you can recall it endlessly :kissing: