What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started on Meet Mr Mulliner by PG Wodehouse. I'm enjoying meeting the new characters and having short stories to read in between The Glass Bead Game. Wodehouse is the perfect companion for some lighter reading. :eek2:

Guest velocipede2288

I am reading The Talisman by sir Walter Scott. A story of the Crusades. Knights in armour clashing swords with the Arab infidel. Sounds familiar ?

I haven't read the Talisman but I read Ivanhoe some years back. Great writing but unfortunately historical research wasn't what it is now and you have to appreciate the great imagination of the writer rather than accuracy in the writing:blush:

My Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide: Five Complete Novels and a Story arrived in the post today, and although I am miffed I didn't get it in time for HitchCon09 :eek2: I must say that it is STUNNING, probably the prettiest book I own, for once in near new condition ;) it's purdy and I love it! Now I need to get stuck into a comprehensive re-reading, and soon if I want to read Eoin Colfer's sequel And Another Thing...

Yay Giulia! It's about time you got what you ordered!

I got a book in the mail today too: Gumbles in Summer by SA Wakefield. It's the third in a series that I've bought for my partner. It was meant to be a surprise but he saw it on my watch list on ebay the other day so I guess he knows he's getting it. :eek2: It's signed by the author too. ;)

Still reading & enjoying Kenneth Cameron's Victorian crime novel, The Bohemian Girl,and bought Val McDermid's A Darker Domain in The British Heart Foundation shop today. They always have a huge stock and shelves are alphabetical too. Never read McDermid,but this one features the 1984 Miner's Strike which I'm interested in.

Those books sounds good. Breaking Dawn = Breaking a Yawn :censored:

On a seperate note - I have a desire to read all of the Harry Potter books again so I am going to read them after The Lost Book of Salem ;)

The Lost Book of Salem is brilliant. Just about halfway through now :) :eek2:

The Lost Book of Salem is brilliant. Just about halfway through now :censored: :eek2:

So glad you are enjoying this one, MuggleMagic! Have you met Sam yet? I would love to know someone like him ;).

I'm trying to gather my thoughts on The Bone Garden and put them to screen :). It's been a hectic week and it's only Tuesday! I'm also trying to decide what I'm in the mood to read next...

The Lost Book of Salem is brilliant. Just about halfway through now ;) :eek2:

Glad you are enjoying this. It has finally prompted me to order The Heretic's Daughter today so by the time I've finished my present book "The Coffin Trail" by Martin Edwards, I should be ready for Heretic's daughter. I just love that period in American History.

Apparently, the following books from BookMooch are officially on their way:

Dean Koontz, Frankenstein: Prodigal Son

Karen Russell, St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

Nick Hornby, The Complete Polysyllabic Spree

... whooo :eek2: have requested a few more but am still waiting to hear back...

Finished What was Lost (yes already!) at about 5 minites into my lunch break today. Had to read one of the books from the self instead, Becoming Alexander, maybe I will finish that one by the end of the year if I have to keep picking it up!

Working on my review now.

Karen Russell, St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

That's an intriguing sounding title...I may have to look it up

I finally received my Amazon order today:

Rashomon and 17 Other Stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa

The Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura

Japanese Tales edited by Royall Tyler

Obviously there's a theme here... :eek2: