What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added yet another book to my 'currently reading' pile. Started Dead as a Doornail today and already addicted! haha. So entertaining. But unfortunately for the other books, they're being ignored right now. School + no free time, makes it hard to read, but when I can find the time I want something super light to read.

Read 70 pages of Dexter in the Dark yesterday, is already a promising start, really enjoying it already. I was really tired last night to carry on, but I have no work until this afternoon, so hopefully I can get a few more pages in. :irked:

The rest of my haul:

Hugh Laurie: The Gun Seller

Stanislaw Lem: The Cyberiad

CS Lewis: Out of the Silent Planet

Lois Lowry: Gathering Blue

David Malouf: The Conversations at Curlow Creek

Melina Marchetta: Finnikin of the Rock

David Mitchell: Ghostwritten

Haruki Murakami: A Wild Sheep Chase

Mary Norton: Bedknob and Broomstick

Mack Reynolds: Towers of Utopia

Terry Pratchett: various Discworlds and others (8 all up)

Philip Pullman: The Subtle Knife

Arturo Perez-Reverte: The Club Dumas

Anne Rice: Interview with the Vampire

JK Rowling: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

JK Rowling: Quidditch through the Ages

Arundhati Roy: The God of Small Things

Shel Silverstein: Falling Up

Alexander McCall Smith: various series (7 all up)

Zadie Smith: White Teeth

Alexander Solzhenitsyn: One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

John Steinbeck: The Long Valley

John Steinbeck: The Moon is Down

Hunter S Thompson: The Great Shark Hunt

John Updike: The Witches of Eastwick

HG Wells: Selected Short Stories

Scott Westerfeld: The Last Days

Gene Wolfe: The Fifth Head of Cerberus

John Wyndham: Trouble with Lichen

I also bought a couple of reference books of Van Gogh's artwork. :irked:

Oh my I wish you lot would stop putting booklists on here........I keep going and ordering some of them :roll::D

Im still reading my Jodi Picoult book but should get that finished in next few days...:irked:

I've read all the Akunin books except the latest one and think they're great. He also has another series featuring Sister Pelagia which is fairly good :irked:

Glad you enjoyed them too ScarletBella. I must say that young Fandorin is growing on me. He is so naive and "gung-ho". Perhaps he simmers down in the the later books.

I'll give the Sister Pelagia books a try too.

Anyway, I finished The first Fandorin book last night and am now embarking on a collection of short stories called Shadows of Sherlock Holmes.

Oh my I wish you lot would stop putting booklists on here........I keep going and ordering some of them :roll::D

Im still reading my Jodi Picoult book but should get that finished in next few days...:irked:

That is the trouble with this Forum SueB. Since I joined last year my book bill has shot up:blush: Lovely though innit.:irked:

Stanislaw Lem: The Cyberiad

CS Lewis: Out of the Silent Planet

Arturo Perez-Reverte: The Club Dumas

These are on my wishlist so I'd love to hear what you make of them - particularly the Lem.

I didn't know Hugh had written a book, I might have to chase that up! And I hope you enjoy Interview - because then you'd go on to read The Vampire Lestat, which is even better and one of my favouritest books ever :irked:!

That is the trouble with this Forum SueB. Since I joined last year my book bill has shot up:blush: Lovely though innit.:D

Ive just had two books I ordered last week arrived...my pile is ever growing and I hold you lot responsible :irked::roll::lol:

I've just finished Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice and I loved loved loved it! :roll: I'm thinking of carrying on with the Vampire Chronicles but will probably be juggling them with uni reading :irked:

Got Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater & Covet by J R Ward in the post this morning and just got a dispatch notice from Amazon saying that the new Pratchett 'Unseen Academicals' is on its way :blush:

I'm having a book blast from the past at the moment and reading Pennington's Seventeenth Summer by K M Peyton & I have the two sequels, Beethoven's Medal & Pennington's Heir, to read when I've finished.

Just Read - One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest by Ken Kesey (was a little disappointed with this one)

Currently Reading - Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier (I looooove Daphne Du Maurier so much :blush:)

Next - Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (cannot wait to read this. It seems right up my street)

Yay :D they didn't email me, though :blush:!

Oh they will :friends0:Maybe it depends on when you pre-ordered it? I think I placed my order the first day it appeared on Amazon.

Have just bought The Lost Book Of Salem and Kevin McCloud's Grand Tour Of Europe - they're both for my mum but I'll read them before I hand the books over :lol:

Oh they will :friends0:Maybe it depends on when you pre-ordered it? I think I placed my order the first day it appeared on Amazon.
I hope so :blush: although the way I see it, the whole idea of preordering is that you get it before or when it comes out in the shops, otherwise you might as well just get it from a shop... :D!

I hope so :blush: although the way I see it, the whole idea of preordering is that you get it before or when it comes out in the shops, otherwise you might as well just get it from a shop... :D!

Exactly! According to my little pre-order notebook it's not due out til October 6th or 7th so plenty of time :lol:

Just read, The Real James Herriot authorised biography by James Wight.

How sad that Alf Wight

Died such a painful death

He was so lucky to get published too.

Now reading Deadly intent by Lynda la Plante which will be followed by Lord of The Flies by William Golding.

Edited by Beccles

Exactly! According to my little pre-order notebook it's not due out til October 6th or 7th so plenty of time :motz:
According to Amazon it comes out tomorrow, which is why I'm all :eek: and :D that they haven't dispatched mine yet...!!

:lol: also to BookMoochers who don't reply to days-old requests - how long does it take to click a button and say "no, get lost"?

On a more positive note, my "used - like new" copy of The Ultimate Hitchhiker's seems to have left the States today so I might just get it in time for HitchCon... *fingers crossed* :blush:!

Just Read - One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest by Ken Kesey (was a little disappointed with this one)

Oh, no... I have this on my TBR pile...

I'm continuing with Ghostwalk. Things are getting quite intriguing. :blush: