What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

:irked: I managed to read for an hour and a half this morning whilst sitting at the hospital with hubby for his appointment. I now feel the need to continue this spurt as I don't know how long before the mojo vanishes again!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too Chrissy! I finished The Time Traveller's Wife last night and thought it was great, really enjoyed it! :irked: I'm sure you'll like it too Diana :roll:

Now just to talk my OH into going to see the film :D

Glad you enjoyed it :D I thought the film was great, so good luck getting hubby to go! :irked:

Really hoping to finish Dracula: The Undead today so I can move on to The Confessions Of Max Tivoli, which I'm dying to read :D

Glad you enjoyed it :D I thought the film was great, so good luck getting hubby to go! :irked:

Really hoping to finish Dracula: The Undead today so I can move on to The Confessions Of Max Tivoli, which I'm dying to read :irked:

Enjoy hen :roll: x

I've lost my mojo again :irked: Haven't picked up a book in ages, the last one I picked up was Mao's Last Dancer but I wasn't really dedicated to that. Ridiculous, this is. :roll:

I hope your mojo picks up soon MissWhitlock5.gif

I've lost my mojo again :roll: Haven't picked up a book in ages, the last one I picked up was Mao's Last Dancer but I wasn't really dedicated to that. Ridiculous, this is. :D

*ghostly voice* Go back to Harry, Rica. He'll get you through............:irked:

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets now :irked:

I read the whole series and once you start one book you can't stop :roll: Since you are only on the second one just wait till you hit the next book. I will say number 3, 5, and of course 7 were the best and I was really sad to stop reading the series when it was over:irked:

Also as a tip you might want to read The Tales of Beetle the Bard in between the 6th and 7th book so you get a background on some of the stories in the 7th book:D

Diana

I've lost my mojo again :irked: Haven't picked up a book in ages, the last one I picked up was Mao's Last Dancer but I wasn't really dedicated to that. Ridiculous, this is. :roll:

You have my sympathies MissWhitlock, my mojo is away more than with me!

I have just returned from the Dacre Stoker evening, it was brilliant :roll: photographic evidence soon to grace my Book Finishing Quest blog!

Oooh great, BookJumper! Glad you had a good time :irked:. Did you have to stand in the queue for long? How was the talk he gave?

Oooh great, BookJumper! Glad you had a good time. Did you have to stand in the queue for long? How was the talk he gave?
Queued hardly at all really :irked: I was one of the first to arrive so I went to get my orange juice (I was was famished so wine wasn't a good idea) and sat down. After the talk, they called us up into smaller queues to make it less taxing. Review and photographic evidence of the encounter here.

More books I bought at the bookfair (C-K):

Michael Chabon: Summerland

Ann Charters: The Portable Sixties Reader

Arthur C Clarke: The Hammer of God

William Corlett: The Door in the Tree (I was most excited to get this as it's part of a children's series that I read many, many years ago, but I couldn't remember the name of the books or author - luckily I recognised the cover!)

Michael Crichton: Jurassic Park

Philip K Dick: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (I was also very excited to get this; my partner found it for me and almost claimed it for himself)

Mark Dunn: Ella Minnow Pea

Janet Evanovich: Three to Get Deadly

Janet Evanovich: Four to Score

Janet Evanovich: High Five

Janet Evanovich: Hot Six

Janet Evanovich: Seven Up

Raymond E Feist: Magician

John Fowles: The Collector

Glen David Gold: Carter Beats the Devil (anyone read this? Looks interesting)

Graham Greene: A Burnt-Out Case

Ursula Le Guin: The Earthsea Cycle (first three books)

Joe Haldeman: The Forever War

Joanne Harris: Chocolat

Thomas Harris: The Silence of the Lambs

Harry Harrision: various books in the Stainless Steel Rat series

Harry Harrison: Two Tales and Eight Tomorrows

Robert Heinlein: Stranger in a Strange Land

Joseph Heller: Something Happened

Khaled Hosseini: The Kite Runner

Michel Houellebecq: Atomised

John Irving: A Prayer for Owen Meany

Kazuo Ishiguro: An Artist of the Floating World

Kazuo Ishiguro: The Remains of the Day

MR James: The Haunted Doll's House

Diana Wynne Jones: Howl's Moving Castle

Lloyd Jones: Mister Pip

Judith Kerr: When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit

Sue Monk Kidd: The Mermaid Chair

Sue Monk Kidd: The Secret Life of Bees

Elizabeth Kostova: The Historian

Nicola Kraus and Emma McLaughlin: The Nanny Diaries

Milan Kundera: The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

I've spent the day cataloguing the rest of the books and now I'm rearranging my bookshelves. Much fun! :irked:

I finished 1st to Die by James Patterson last night. I have wrote a review on my book log. Now moving on to Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay. I want to read it real quick as my resservations for the next Sookie Stackhouse Novel and Eclipse by Stephanie Mayer have arrived at my Library but I have too many books on loan to take out. :roll: I have had my mojo but it does not seem to be working as well. I think the next Sookie Novel might fix that. :irked: