What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

SueB, that's quite interesting! I tried reading it but hated it. I can't wait to see your review! :motz:

Gotta be honest I struggled at first but the more I read the more Im enjoying it but having said that I really couldnt get into My Sisters Keeper ......will let you know what I think of it when Im finished xx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The Heretics Daughter by Kathleen Kent a few days ago - interesting that there seem to be a few books at the moment connected to the Salem witch trials, with Halloween not far away. It was an interesting read, supposedly written by a direct descendant of the main character.

I have now started to read Past Imperfect by Julian Fellowes.

I started Marley & Me last weekend and I've only managed to read 22 pages all week! I really hope its due to the fact that I've just had a crazy week and not that my annual loss of mojo is creeping up on me.

I'm back from the bookfair and I bought a very large number of books. :motz: I'm not even going to list them all in one post because it's a little shameful. :smile2:

My Mum contacted me just as I started at the bookfair to let me know that my parcel of books that I ordered weeks ago had arrived. I picked them up when I got home again:

Emily Bronte: Wuthering Heights

John Fowles: The Collector

Raven Hart: The Vampire's Seduction

Stanislaw Lem: Memoirs Found in a Bathtub

Nancy Turner: The Star Garden

Gene Wilder: My French 'lady of the night'

From the bookfair, I bought the five books in Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker series. I already have them all in one large volume, but I wanted separate books, so these don't count towards my TBR pile. :D I also got The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by the same author.

Other books from the bookfair:

Mitch Albom: Tuesdays with Morrie

Brian Aldiss (ed): The Penguin Science Fiction Omnibus

JG Ballard: The Drowned World

Greg Bear: Eon

Geoffrey Blainey: A Short History of the World

Judy Blume: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret

T Boardman (ed): Connoisseur's Science Fiction

Gyles Brandreth: Oscar Wilde and the Candlelight Murders

Dan Brown: Deception Point

John Brunner: The Stone that Never Came Down

John Brunner: Traveller in Black

Anthony Burgess: The Wanting Seed

Well, that takes care of the As and Bs...

Edited by Kylie

Well I'm looking forward to your review so I hope you stick with it!

There's a Lost Mojo Support Group in the general book discussions thread - that might help. :motz:

Thank you yes ....think I'll pop over to the Lost Mojo Group right now and see if I can find some inspiration. I do promise to get this book read within the week and get that review up for you Blithe. Thanks for the much needed nudge. :smile2:

Finished Practical Magic, starting Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd. Getting ready to hunker down for this one!

I have acually visited Sarum! It sits just a way from Salisbury. Both are truly worth a visit if you ever head over to the UK. Meanwhile, enjoy the book, it is a good one. :motz:

I finished 'The Reader' by Bernhard Schlink. It's a thought provoking read, although I couldn't say I enjoyed it as such. I will have to rummage around for my next read as I'm not sure what I fancy.

I have pretty ill this week and been going to bed straight after work and the kids are bed. So had no time for reading. I did manage to get some done while the kids and I were down the local park, but that really is about it. I don't have much to do this morning so I am hoping I can finish 1st to die by this afternoon before I go to my meeting.

Serious reading ahead I feel.:motz:

After that I am going to read the next Dexter book.

Kylie, you're such a tease!!! :smile2: We want more, we want more!

From your list so far I can't tell you much, I haven't read or even heard about most of the books :motz: But I'm definitely thinking overall it must've been a very good haul for you this year :D Oh and I've read The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul, that was brilliant :D

Currently I'm reading The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. It's such a wonderful, philosophical book. It's made me laugh and it's made me cry. If I'm not quite mistaken, I think it was Ruth who did a review on this book, thank you :lol:

Hi! I'm Diana and I'm new to this forum so I just thought I'd let you all know:D

Anywho...

I just finished The Perks of Being A Wallflower which is amazing I must say and right before that I read The Shack which was really very good as well.

Right now I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife and I'm about 40 pages in so I will let you all know what I think when I'm done but I hear really good things!

I hope to read a book called The Weight of Silence next which I haven't heard much about so if you've read it let me know if it was good :motz:

Thanks!

Hi Diana! :motz:

Right now I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife and I'm about 40 pages in so I will let you all know what I think when I'm done but I hear really good things!

I read this recently and loved it, loved it, loved it!

I hope to read a book called The Weight of Silence next which I haven't heard much about so if you've read it let me know if it was good :smile2:

I hadn't even heard of this one, but having done a search I may just see if I can get hold of it - sounds a touch harrowing though. *gulp*

Hi! I'm Diana and I'm new to this forum so I just thought I'd let you all know:D

Anywho...

I just finished The Perks of Being A Wallflower which is amazing I must say and right before that I read The Shack which was really very good as well.

I hope to read a book called The Weight of Silence next which I haven't heard much about so if you've read it let me know if it was good :motz:

Thanks!

Hi nice to meet you!

I have not read any of those books, but I have heard so much about the Time Traveler's wife that at some point I may well read it.

Hope to read many more posts from you.

Take Care

CW

Hi and welcome Diana! :lol:

I read this recently and loved it, loved it, loved it!

Me too Chrissy! I finished The Time Traveller's Wife last night and thought it was great, really enjoyed it! :motz: I'm sure you'll like it too Diana :smile2:

Now just to talk my OH into going to see the film :D

I read a few pages of The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and am really liking what I've read so far :D

Edited by Charm

Thanks!

Hi Diana - welcome to our very friendly forum:)

I'm 17 pages from the end of The Time Traveler's Wife - have absolutely loved it and will be sad to finish it.

I think I'm going to read On Beauty by Zadie Smith next - but as I won't decide until I get home tonight, that could all change!

Edited by Ruth

Lots of bookishness today: I need to go to the post-office to send out a few books (one to the lovely Kell and two to BookMoochers, one in Chile and one in France), have ordered Sorcery and Cecilia: Or, The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C. Wrede (from an Italian Moocher, the irony), and have just - after a sizeable telephonic struggle - secured my ticket for the Dacre Stoker evening at Waterstone's Piccadilly. I'm happy to report there'll be a talk as well as a signing, so there's bound to be SEATS!!