What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

Charm, glad to hear that you liked it so much! But wasn't it a rather disturbing read? I was appalled at some of the things in it, only I managed to read like 50 pages before I quit so I don't know how it continues. Gonna read it sometime though! Have you thought about reading other books by that author (can never remember his name)?

I wouldn't say I was appalled no, however some of the bits were a bit hard to read but they did help to give a feel to the developement of some of the characters. I definately would recommend you try again, the underlying story is basically a tale of friendship, although if you've sworn of vampires for a while, maybe not! :friends0:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you enjoyed the Sookie books and love your little farewell speech! :friends0: If you have the Psb's at least you've still got True Blood to watch :(

Hope you enjoy Sookie, its a bit more 'adult' than Twilight ;)

well I quite liked Twilight. I have just finished my review. I hope you like it Charm, I tried to be as honest as I could.

As for Sookie. Yeah I have the night off so once the kids are in bed I am going to hit the book, I have a feeling that it could be a all nighter, my OH has informed me that after watching the show he went to Wallmart and bought the first book and read it in two days!!! He finished it last night and said it was amazing and he has not read a book in 6 years or so!!

So I am expecting it to be amazing haha.

well I quite liked Twilight. I have just finished my review. I hope you like it Charm, I tried to be as honest as I could.

As for Sookie. Yeah I have the night off so once the kids are in bed I am going to hit the book, I have a feeling that it could be a all nighter, my OH has informed me that after watching the show he went to Wallmart and bought the first book and read it in two days!!! He finished it last night and said it was amazing and he has not read a book in 6 years or so!!

So I am expecting it to be amazing haha.

Wow now that something cw! :friends0: I'd hate to be in your shoes now, how can you choose between reading the Twilight sequal or the Sookie book??!

Edit: Almost forgot, I just finished Rape: A Love Story. A very touching and great read and yet so painful.

Edited by frankie

Wow now that something cw! :friends0: I'd hate to be in your shoes now, how can you choose between reading the Twilight sequal or the Sookie book??!

Edit: Almost forgot, I just finished Rape: A Love Story. A very touching and great read and yet so painful.

Well I am waitng for the reservation for the next Twilight book so sookie it is. also OH asked me to read DEAD UNTIL DARk so we can compare notes. I am not going to let this moment dissappear, he NEVER reads books! :(

Well I am waitng for the reservation for the next Twilight book so sookie it is. also OH asked me to read DEAD UNTIL DARk so we can compare notes. I am not going to let this moment dissappear, he NEVER reads books! :friends0:

Well that was an easy decision after all :) It must be really awesome to have your OH actually reading a book and enjoying it so much he can't wait for you to read it so you can discuss it :( Maybe he'll read the other Sookie books as well ;)

I hope you like it Charm, I tried to be as honest as I could.

I read it and, as always its a great review! Definately not as gushy as mine :(

It must be really awesome to have your OH actually reading a book and enjoying it so much he can't wait for you to read it so you can discuss it

This would be my dream *sigh* I so wish my OH would read more, he reads about 2 or 3 nights a week when he goes to bed for approximately 10 mins or until his eyes close, whichever comes first :friends0: It took him 8 months to read his last book but I've given him a Deaver to read so hopefully he'll get hooked! ;)

This would be my dream *sigh* I so wish my OH would read more, he reads about 2 or 3 nights a week when he goes to bed for approximately 10 mins or until his eyes close, whichever comes first :friends0: It took him 8 months to read his last book but I've given him a Deaver to read so hopefully he'll get hooked! ;)

:( I'm sure he won't be able to close his eyes when he starts reading Dear Dexter, he'll be too afraid to go to sleep! So he can keep on reading :) Very cunning indeed!

:( I'm sure he won't be able to close his eyes when he starts reading Dear Dexter, he'll be too afraid to go to sleep! So he can keep on reading :) Very cunning indeed!

:friends0: Deaver hun, not Dexter ;) but you've given me a great suggestion for his next read! I imagine he'll get just as hooked on Mr Deaver's The Blue Nowhere, well that was the plan anyway :D

Well that was an easy decision after all It must be really awesome to have your OH actually reading a book and enjoying it so much he can't wait for you to read it so you can discuss it Maybe he'll read the other Sookie books as well

Well he said that he has the next two so I have some serious catching up to do. It really is nice, normally if I mention a book he just asks if it has been made into a movie, if I say yes then he says he will watch the movie and we can compare :( or if I say no then he says can't be that good then! ;)

I read it and, as always its a great review! Definately not as gushy as mine

This would be my dream *sigh* I so wish my OH would read more, he reads about 2 or 3 nights a week when he goes to bed for approximately 10 mins or until his eyes close, whichever comes first It took him 8 months to read his last book but I've given him a Deaver to read so hopefully he'll get hooked!

Awe thanks charm! Thats really nice of you to say that. :friends0:

My OH said he read his at work, while it was quiet. Normally if he tries and reads, he never gets past the blurb on the back :) I am hoping that the books will get a love for books.

As for your OH reading Deaver, what better books can their be?!!

Deaver hun, not Dexter :( but you've given me a great suggestion for his next read! I imagine he'll get just as hooked on Mr Deaver's The Blue Nowhere, well that was the plan anyway

Ooops ;) Well Deaver is just as good, if somewhat different. Deaver will have him hooked with his quick twists and turns, soon your OH will be calling in sick at work :D Then you'll have to think about whether his reading is so great or not :)

Catwoman, good to hear your OH has got the next two books :D You seriously need to get reading, woman! :friends0:

Your OH needs to realise that it doesn't matter if the book's been made into a movie or not, because sometimes (well, most of the times!) the book's better than the movie. But this is very good progress you're having at the mo, let's see how it goes!

I'm unsure what to read next. I think it should be something that can be read rather quickly, I don't want to start anything that'll take too much time or occupy my mind too much.

A good book day for me today. I hit the shops and came home with

Wildwood Dancing - Juliet Marillier

The poison throne - Celine Kiernan

The society of S - Susan Hubbard

The foreshadowing - Marcus Sedgwick

and The colour of magic - Terry Pratchett

when I got home I found these waiting by the front door

The robe - Lloyd C Douglas

The boy with the cuckoo-clock heart - Mathias Malzieu

and The book of lost things John Connolly

:friends0:

I am 60 pages in Charlaine Harris - Dead Until dark. Early days and it is Ok, not gripped by it yet, but it must be good with all the reviews so I am hoping.

I am not going to get much reading done today I am going to have to wait until tonight.

Back from holiday, I read the following books:

* Deirdre Martin - Chasing Stanley

* Kerrelyn Sparks - The undead next door

* Judi McCoy - Almost a Goddess

* Richelle Mead - Succubus Blues

* Lynsay Sands - Devil of the Highland

I started Lucky Streak by Carly Phillips I'm almost halfway through

While I was gone my new stack of comics arrived and Simon Says by Lori Foster arrived as well

I gotta say this Evil at Heart is really good, really gripping! :( I usually don't like hardbacks because they're heavy and difficult to read in bed, but surprisingly this time it feels really good having a hardback after reading so many pocketbooks of Sookie, worrying about not creasing the spines :friends0: