Favorite TV Theme Songs

muggle not

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band of Brothers

Cowboy Bebop

I LOVE the Band of Brothers theme! I added it to my online playlist. I also like the theme to Cowboy Bebop, but I think some of the Bleach ones are better. :D

I just remembered the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends theme! I would be hanging out with my 4 year old nephew and as soon as he heard that music start he would get so excited and run all over the house, :D. I would have loved a cartoon like that when I was little! Anyway, I love the music and it also makes me think of the little guy :tong:.

Either One Tree Hill or The OC. I hate both of them (no offence to anyone...) but my ex loved them both and I really liked the theme tune from one, I can't remember which. :D

EDIT - Just YouTubed it, it was One Tree Hill. I love Gavin DeGraw! :tong:

Edited by BookBee8

Rawhide - great theme song...............where Clint Eastwood got his start.

Love that one too.

How could I have forgotten Doctor Who? That's a great theme, it sends shivers down my spine.

I agree Mia I still remember hiding behind the sofa when it came on.

As for others there are loads I remember from the 70's and 80's that I loved, mainly kids shows :D

Gilmore Girls (I always sing along :))

Dexter (I don't particularly like the whole theme itself, but I love the theme song)

Ah, Gilmore Girls. :)

I love the whole theme to Dexter. I think it's brilliantly suited to what the show is about. It's so...brutal.

Oh yeah, Frankie! :motz: That was a Beatles song, right? Ah I loved that show :lol:.

I used to love Life Goes On as well. 'Ob-La-Di, Ob-La Da' was the song.

The theme to Are you afraid of the dark & Goosebumps are great too! Loved AYAOTD as a kid. :D

Are You Afraid of the Dark was a terrific show. I remember watching it during the school holidays; it was on in the middle of the day.

Ah, Gilmore Girls. :)

I love the whole theme to Dexter. I think it's brilliantly suited to what the show is about. It's so...brutal.

I liked it too when I realised that all the morning things he was performing were first filmed like someone was about to be killed but then they turned out to be everyday stuff. But after I got that and realised the brilliance of it, I got tired of it, it's so long and boring now :) But I agree that it definitely suites the show!

peacefield, Kylie, I had no idea the Life Goes On -theme song was a Beatles song! But it was brill :lol: I think the cast performed the song themselves? Or am I way off? I remember the actor who played the Mum of the family had a great singing voice.

I think I need to stop now before this gets into another Jesse vs. Tyler debate :motz:

Edited by frankie

Oh yeah I forgot about Gilmore Girls! I also was reminded of Dawson's Creek theme, it was a female singer but of course now I can't think of her name.

I think you're right about the Life Goes On theme, Frankie. And yep, the mom was played by Patti Lupone, an excellent singer! She was in the original broadway version of Evita, among other shows, and I even got to see her perform in one called Sunset Blvd. :)

I think you're right about the Life Goes On theme, Frankie. And yep, the mom was played by Patti Lupone, an excellent singer! She was in the original broadway version of Evita, among other shows, and I even got to see her perform in one called Sunset Blvd. :)

Wow, that's so cool :) She's a real talent and a looker too :motz:

• 2 weeks later...