Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel

Kimmy619

I was too devastated to care the first time through. I just wanted it to be over and go string up Joss Whedon for being so cruel. But in retrospect, the concept made sense. I reserve extended judgement of the finale til I watch it again. (I'm on Season 5 episode 2.)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing that annoyed me about season 5 is that

they always hint that Buffy will show up, but she never does. I think that they should have just left it as it looked a bit cheesy with distance shots of a blonde girl who obviously wasn't Sarah Michelle Gellar.

The first time is when

Angel is hallucinating and he imagines Buffy and Spike together in bed. The second time is when they go to Rome and she is dating the Immortal. They should have just left it.

The only Angel/Buffy crossover I like is the episode called I Will Remember You.

I used to like that episode, but I watched it the other day (with a friend who is watching through all five seasons) and now I hate it. I just cannot stand that girl. She's annoying, whiny, and obtuse. I'm totally

pro-Cordy&Angel.

Yeah I'm definitely glad that episode was done. A crossover was kinda inevitable and I think it was handled very well. Very emotional episode, even without liking the character.

I'm really not enjoying Season 5 as much as the other 4. It's just SO over the top.

Haha sorry, but better that we be honest. I still maintain that seasons 2 and 3 are epic. 4 is a bit off the rails but the character movements and depth of the big picture is great. Season 5 is dodgy, but that's only 22 episodes out of 110. It's a story worth getting into.

I'm there - I'm still mourning the loss of the Buffyverse, so will buy the box set anyway. I've just finished watching Firefly (awesome awesome awesome) and have just bought the first season of Dollhouse...I'm becoming something of a Whedon Nerd! :smile2:

Mac, if you liked the later seasons of Buffy, you'll have no bother with Angel. I can't watch past Season 3 of Buffy, I just go with Angel to L.A. bar crossovers. Angel, imo, is never as bad as the last two seasons-ish of Buffy. If nothing else, the characters in Angel are all loveable. In Buffy, I hated Tara, Dawn, Anya, Riley, Glory, Jonathan/Andrew etc, and I can only handle so much Spike.

I hated Glory. I thought she was a poor actress, that Clare Kramer. I also thought Riley was dull, dull, dull. But I thought Anya was ace - this comes from a fella whose girlfriend has Aspergers...

Dawn was whiney, as Buffy always was, but Spike got most of the best lines.

I missed Giles, mind...

Giles was a legend. That episode where

he kills someone that Buffy can't. I'm going to find the quote, brb.

Ben: "Need a ...a minute. She could have killed me."

Giles: "No, she couldn't. And sooner or later Glory will re-emerge and make Buffy pay for that mercy... and the world with her. Buffy even knows that, and still she couldn't take a human life. She's a hero, you see. She's not like us."

Sorry, I should have spoilered mine. It's covered now. I covers yours too Mac, just in case someone in this wide world has somehow managed to not see the show :smile2:

I love these dark heroes. I'm not into white knights and pure good. I'm into flawed, morally ambiguous, realist heroes. I always think they're that much stronger for openly walking the line between right and wrong.

There's a great quote in Angel about the line between good and evil, and jumping from one side to the other and back:

'Funny thing about black and white. You mix em together, you get grey and it doesn't matter how much white you try and put back in, you're never gonna get anything but grey.'

Edited by Nollaig

That is a good quote. Who wrote that episode? The writer's are excellent.

That's what I love about Mal Reynolds in Firefly. He is so cool! Zoe's as hard as nails, too. They're all so pretty!