Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel

Kimmy619

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to marry a Giles. A smart, well-read, British fella with an adventurous streak and a great singing voice. What more could a girl want?!

You have just described me, Noll! :)

I had a brief moment the other day where I thought Wesley was hot. It lasted about 5 seconds. I think it was the glasses and pretty accent.

I used to like Wesley, but I was watching one of the special features on the DVD and I heard how he really talked which put me off a bit.

You have just described me, Noll! :)

:)

I just picked up yet another great quote from the show, from Lorne:

"The wheel keeps turning. You can't stop it, sometimes things get worse, sometimes they get better. It's like a song. Now, I can hold a note for a long time. - Actually, I can hold a note forever. - But eventually, that's just noise. It's the change we're listening for. The note coming after and the one after that. That's what makes it music."

I love this show.

Ack. The second half of Angel Season 3 is really depressing. There's a lot of pairing and heart breaking happening, and I can see even in the happy sets the cracks it's causing in their foundation - it really is all downhill from here, right up until the end. :D

Exactly! I mean, I know Buffy was depressing, but at least it had SOME long lasting happiness. In this show what little happiness there is, is either unravelled later or obliterated (by the Groosalugg) before it can start.

Yeah I'm bitter about him turning up when he did.

There's something not even heart-wrenching, but gut-wrenching, seeing Wesley and Angel together when everyone else is paired off, it's like they're the only two left in reality while Fred, Gunn, Groo and Cordy are floating around on cloud 9. And even then, Angel still has baby Connor, and Wesley has nothing but a prophecy stating that the father will kill the son. You can practically SEE Wesley falling apart, and he's ALWAYS had it tough, ever since day 1 in Buffy, without anything to keep him going except his certain will in the face of everyone laughing at him. And what does it all get him? Dead.

GAH.

I am not sure if I like the way that they deal with the

exit of Cordelia. I don't really feel like they made enough of it. She was a pivotal character who just fades away. She doesn't even leave in a blaze of glory as I kind of hated her in season 4 (although it wasn't really her!)

I'm sitting here watching the end of the Buffy Prom episode with tears running down my face. :D

It gets me every time.

'Buffy Summers ~ Class Protector'

. A brilliantly conceived and enacted episode from all the cast; Xander and Cordelia's interactions, Willow looking terrific, Giles being Giles, Wesley being a numpty, and Angel (nuff said).

Okay I just watched a HILARIOUS episode of Angel, I stuck together some of the funniest bits here in case anyone wants to share in the giggles:

There are no spoilers, just (badly edited) hilarity :D

Yup, Season 4, it's where

they try to get Cordy her memory back

I actually tear up with laughter at Wes falling down the stairs. 'YES! THAT ONE!' *thud thud thud oof!* 'Kill...that one... please....' :D

I'm invisible *pause* No you're not.

Oh dear :lol:

I've slowed down my watching, so I'm still season 4.

I'm sitting here watching the end of the Buffy Prom episode with tears running down my face. :D

It gets me every time.

'Buffy Summers ~ Class Protector'

. A brilliantly conceived and enacted episode from all the cast; Xander and Cordelia's interactions, Willow looking terrific, Giles being Giles, Wesley being a numpty, and Angel (nuff said).

I watched this the other day on Sci-Fi and love it! It's so sweet that they acknowledge what she has been doing without anyone appearing to actually notice.

Started to tape them on Sky+ as they seem to be repeating them from the beginning - I like these ones are they are lighthearted and funny! I watched quite a few of the series when they were originally on but they just started to get depressing!!

Well, there's five seasons. But no, there is no happiness in Angel. Season 1 is pretty tame, Season 2 has enough hilarity make the decline in fortune rather perky, seasons 3-5 will either make you lose the will to live, or make you very, very happy you don't live in a world of vampires and demons. It's the single most depressing show I've ever watched in my life. But it's also genius. Not all genius is happy.

The series ended perfectly at season 5 with *ahem, ahem*. The man behind Buffy left the show to create Firefly. Buffy S6 & S7 were never up to the same par as before (with the exception of 'once more with feeling').

Angel was something really special but I felt it started waning after the whole

Cordy and Conner

thing...the last few episodes really made up for it though!...

What Lorne does to Lindsey

*shocking*

Edited by Nollaig

I agree, it was a great ending. But still, the single most depressing thing ever.

I've added spoiler tags to your post, because even linking those names together will confuse people who are on Seasons 1-3, and in the case of the second spoiler, Season 4. :)