True Blood

ScottHughes

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the first season of True Blood, since some people recommended it to me, said I had to watch it since I adore vampires. Hmm. I liked it, and hated it. Anna Paquin, not one of my favourite actresses, she was okay in X-Men, but she has something that annoys me. And Bill's too scruffy and not sexy enough for a vampire. :friends0: I haven't read the books either, so can't compare. And well, I don't hate it, but it's not that much a series for me. If I ever have the time I might watch more, but there's some shows that go first. :(

The title song rules though. I usually don't like that kind of music, but this one is fantastic. :D

I have to admit, he's more what I like about vampires. You know, sexy and a bit scary. If they're not scary it's not fun. And honestly, they have to drink human blood, animal blood or just True Blood, what's fun about that? :friends0:

Too bad Eric's blond. :(

But like I said, I will probably give this series another shot, when and IF I ever get more time. *sighs*

The second season is a lot better Univerze. The books are really good. Plus, Eric is hot hot hot.

:D The second season is better (if only for the fact there's more of Eric :D). But I think both seasons would be a lot better if I could edit out Tara :D I really cannot stand her :friends0:

Just saw the season (one) finale tonight! OMG!

I nearly died when Bill was trying to get to Sookie!!! I didn't guess who the killer was until the last second and I now love Sam again <3 I'm wondering who the woman is that is helping Tera! Also... I'm worried that Bill fed on Lafayette! I love him - he is a duuude!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this for the first time last night, it was the last two episodes. I wouldn't have known anything about this show if it wasn't for the number of fans on this site :D. Will be hoping to read the book soon.

Joining the series near the end meant i was a little confused as to what was going on but i suspected who the murderer was quite early on *smug smile* :jump:.

Don't want to upset hardcore fans, but i thought the actress playing Sookie(sp) was pretty poor. I'm not familiar with her. She only has one facial expression and she's not charismatic enough to be a leading character :D. The rest of the cast were ok, though. If it's repeated i'll watch from the start and give it another go :roll:.

As someone else posted, big thumbs up to the title song and the opening title sequence. It's very eye-catching!

There was a trailer last night on FX about season two coming soon, I know I have seen it but I still said 'whoo hoo!' (Eric with a short hair ~ whoo!):D

Thanks for this Charm! What a great article :D

I've just been reading the comments and some people are really not happy that Alan Ball hasn't created to be an exact replica of the books. I personally think that while an exact reproduction of the books would have been good, moving away from the books slightly makes it more interesting. He's changed it enough to keep us wondering what's going to happen but not enough to destroy the world that Charlaine Harris created. Plus we wouldn't have had Lafayette or the Godric storyline.

What does everyone else think?

I'm glad it's not exactly the same as the books, but I hate Tara's character so I wish they had her in it less. Although I'm so glad

Lafayette's still in it

, and loved the Godric storyline which wasn't in the book :jump:

I'm starting to like Anna Paquin a little more. I liked her in the pilot and the first few episodes, then she started to annoy me (not sure if it was Anna or the character Sookie) but now i like her again in the second series :roll:

:D:D on more Eric :roll: I love Club Dead and Dead to the World (maybe because they're Eric orientated) so I'm looking forward to this season. And yay to season 4 :D

I tihnk they had to make Godric a little "nicer" in the TV show as in the book the character who met the dawn was a child molester/murderer - I think even they balked at the thought of that.

I've just finished reading the 2nd book and Tara was only just mentioned in that one with a brief scene near the end, which was far preferable to th b***h they have her being in the show - I don't like that character at all. But I really like Lafayette, so I'm glad they changed that storylinein the show.

Another thing I liked about the show was they made more of the Maenad storyline - it's quite a tiny part of the 2nd book - barely a mention!

I just finished reading the 3rd book (the one where Alcide is introduces and also which, I guess, will be the underlying source material for the plot of season 3). He looks to fit the bill phsyically, so I'll be interested to see how well he plays the part - I love that character! I hope he leaves his hair longer and shaggier though - he look amazing like that! :blush:

I just finished reading the 3rd book (the one where Alcide is introduces and also which, I guess, will be the underlying source material for the plot of season 3). He looks to fit the bill phsyically, so I'll be interested to see how well he plays the part - I love that character! I hope he leaves his hair longer and shaggier though - he look amazing like that! :blush:

He definitely has a Alcide look about him, so it would be good to watch :lol: