Cecelia Ahern - Where Rainbows End

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern

Author: Cecelia Ahern

ISBN: 0-00-716501-3

Genre: Fiction

Publisher: Harper Collins

Pages:583

I love it!!!!!!

This book is fantastic! (imo) It's a wonderful book about friendship and love. About 'best friends' and 'soul mates'. I fell in love with the characters of this book and I found it so hard to put down. I just wanted to read read read!!!

When the book finished, I felt sad because I enjoyed it so much and wanted to stay in their lives.

I liked the way this book was set out, the whole book was set in email and snail mail form, so each page was a conversation one was having with another. It reminded me of the movie 'You've got Mail'.

I highly recommed this book to anyone who loves to read chick lits. I am even thinking some guys may like this book after all the two best friends are male and female, it is about their bond. It was so enjoyable.

10/10

• 1 month later...

I liked this book a lot, so much, in fact, I read it all in one day. The characters were almost like your own best friends and the way the book was written was brilliant. I loved the backwards and forwards letters/emails/texts. Fantastic.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I read this last year and I thought it was fantastic, really good story, very sweet...a lovely end to a book

Two movies by Cecelia Ahern are on the way...

'Ps I love you'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431308/

And

'If you could see me now'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483646/

:smile2:

• 1 year later...

I just read Where rainbows end a week ago.

I was stuck on a busride for 2 days and this book was perfect for that. Easy to read (I'm german and reading books in english is mostly quite a challenge), funny and just something that made the bus ride seem less long.

Neverthelees it's a book I wouldn't buy to keep. I got it at a second hand bookshop and put it in exchanging shelf at the hostel when I was finished.

I read this a while ago and enjoyed it as a quick light read. The only thing I couldn't get my head round was when it was set, as it follows a relationship over 30 years, but none of the technology changed. The couple were IM/emailing in their teens, but still doing 30 years later. There wasn't email 30 years ago, but if it was started in the present, then surely 30 years in the future how we communicate would changed. Sorry, it bugged me a little.

I had previously tried to read PS I Love You but found that too sentimental and felt like it was trying to hard to pull on the heartstrings it put me off. I gave up on that my the 3rd chapter.

I quite like books that tell the story through letters, emails etc. I can't remember what they are called... Anyone? Another in the same style I've enjoyed in the past were Mag Cabott's Boy books & also Holly's Inbox. They are great for when you need some quick, not at all taxing, fluffy but you feel it's tiny bit more substantial than magazine.

• 1 month later...

I loved this book for its difference. It isn't just happily-ever-after type of book, it has so many ups and downs, so much of life itself, not just some idealistic love story. I haven't read any of Cecilia's other books, so i don't know if it's always her style, but I hope so.. :woohoo:

• 1 month later...

I had previously tried to read PS I Love You but found that too sentimental and felt like it was trying to hard to pull on the heartstrings it put me off. I gave up on that my the 3rd chapter.

I never finished that one either.

As for Where Rainbows End, once I got used to the letters and emailing style of telling the story, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would say it's one of Ceceilia Ahern's best :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

This is my review of Where Rainbows End:

where-rainbows-end.jpg

Synopsis from Amazon:

From the no. 1 bestselling author of PS, I Love You comes an enchanting novel about two childhood friends whom fate and destiny can't help toying with! From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America -- and Alex goes with them. For good. Rosie's lost without her best friend. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever -- and keep her at home in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of each other's lives but neither of them knows whether their friendship can really survive the years and miles -- as well as new relationships. And at the back of Rosie's mind is whether they were meant to be more than just good friends all along. Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them out of each others' arms, but when presented with the ultimate opportunity, will they gamble everything -- including their friendship -- for true love? Destiny, Alex and Rosie discover, is a funny thing and fate isn't quite done with them yet!

This is a proper chick-lit book. It was weird reading - the whole story is narrated through letters/emails/instant messages. It was strange at first, but once I got used to it I didn't mind it. This was a very cheesy, predictable book, but I loved it! The story line was not too realistic - the story follows Rosie and Alex and their life - from the age of 7 right up to their 50s; through friendship, countries, marriages, divorces and deaths.There were some crazy stories, such as the marriage in a chat room. And of course, the happy ending, I loved it!

I loved Julie Casey and Ruby the best. They were such good friends. Ruby reminded me of one of my own friends, which made the story so real. And of course, I liked Rosie and Alex too!

This is a book of love and self-discovery, as well as friendship and family. Although a typical chick-lit book, I did thoroughly enjoy it.

8/10