The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

Are you on an anti-Twilight mission today Raven??? :lurker:

No, not really, it's just that a merging of threads has left me looking a tad vindictive (If the knives had been longer, it would have been a quicker, cleaner kill!).

Please Note: I have not yet posted anything in Michelle's Witch Hunt poll. All of you who have voted "Yes I've read it, and I love it!" are about to be booted from the boards btw - Sorry, but it really is your own fault.

It was - kinda - nice knowing you. You freaks . . . ;)

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it bothers you so much, why do you keep coming into the thread? lol

But, but, I'm the victim of unscrupulous thread merges, I had no intention of coming here again today!

(Oh, and I do like Star Trek and I am a weirdo, I thought that was a given?! :lurker:).

ETA:

A cunning edit there by Lexi makes my last comment seem a little odd, ah well, nothing new there I suppose!

I only really got in to Twilight fairly recently (I somehow managed to miss all the hype!) as the book was on offer in the supermarket. Twilight helped me to get my mojo back, it was the first book in ages that I read in one sitting. I loved the books prior to seeing the film (which I also like). It was an added bonus that RP was playing Edward and that the rest of the cast are nice looking men....! Just because I like Twilight doesn't mean that I wear a "Team Edward" t-shirt (well, not outside of the house anyway - joke!). I have spoken to lots of different types of people who love Twilight - my 60 year old typist at work is verging on obsessive...;) Some people just seem to be anti-Twilight for the sake of being anti-Twilight. Come on, give it a go!

And what exactly annoys you about it?

It generally is because it seems to be everywhere at the moment.

On here every other avatar seems to be a Twilight character (and the same one at that! :D); in the Waterstones, HMV and other shops Twilight generally has it's own stand or section; and this month it was on the front cover of a magazine I buy every month - try being a grumpy 38-year old male and buying a magazine with two emo-goth teenagers on it, you get some funny looks from the teenage girls on the till in Smiths!

I fully acknowledge that I'm not in the target demographic the book is aimed at, but I have considered buying it just so I can slag it off legitimately, but I'm not convinced that would be a good thing to do!

Anyway, leaving all that to one side, my comments on here are only designed to poke a bit of fun and to give everyone a chuckle, please don't take any of my comments personally, even if you are a freak! ;)

No hunt of any kind..

Cometh the hour, the battle lines will be drawn!

I hope you enjoy them SwetiiPie :D

I totally understand why non-fans would be fed up with the constant hype. It is literally everywhere at the moment. But it does bug me when people haven't even read the books and slate it regardless. Fair enough if you've read the book and disliked it. A friend of mine refuses to reads the books, and yet criticizes Twilight on a daily basis. It's like..go away! ;)

But yeah, even I think they've gone too far with the merchandise. It's just got a bit ridiculous but I guess they're going to continue to sell them as long as major obsessives carry on buying! Note: I think most of the Twilight fans on this site are actually quite tame compared to some of the terrifying ones. Example - A group of girls scratched their necks and ran up to Robert Pattinson, asking him to bite them. That's when it gets beyond obsession. Us lot know the difference between reality and fantasy. Count yourselves lucky!

Rant over.

;)

If you think we're crazy, may I direct you to NuttyMadam, who is well known amongst Twilighters for being the most obsessed fan... In particular, you might enjoy her super duper amazing twilight love song

Enjoy!!

Blimey, I feel so better about my cullen crest keyring now ;)

Well she knows what she likes and that ain't a bad thing, even though it is kind of scary but kudos to her, she is happy in herself. ;)

So I'm half way through chapter 17 The Visitor in New Moon and

am just so pleased that Alice is back! I have been trudging along reading all about Jacob but it's just not the same without the Cullens. I got a big smile on my face when I realised it was her! Now hopefully Edward will be back soon!

Honestly I love these books! ;)

Awwh! ;) I've heard quite a few people cried at that part. I didn't, I'm not sure why. I think I was more annoyed! :D

I did not cry but I was annoyed, it was very much a 'what???' moment ;)

;) Definitely. I was like - "Don't you dare do that!". I don't think I believed he would

actually leave her.

Wasn't sure whether to spoiler that, as I'm sure people already know that, but did just in case!

My favourite part of New Moon is when

Jasper tries to attack her.

:D I'm not sure what to make of that ebing my favourite!

;) Definitely. I was like - "Don't you dare do that!". I don't think I believed he would

actually leave her.

Wasn't sure whether to spoiler that, as I'm sure people already know that, but did just in case!

My favourite part of New Moon is when

Jasper tries to attack her.

:D I'm not sure what to make of that ebing my favourite!

I think because Jasper attacking her makes everything even more real, she surivived James but this is different because its from a member of Edward's family.