The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the partial manuscript of Midnight Sun from Meyer's website just now, so I'll be giving that a try as soon as I have it printed. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, no! It can't print! *pouts* I really don't want to venture into the realm of creepy websites that might have a printable version, so I guess I'll be reading it on my dear ol' laptop.

Edited by Scarlette

Hey Charm, I keep meaning to ask you - have you taken a peak at Midnight Sun yet? ;)

Oh yes! :icon_eek: Much preferred it told from his point of view, so much better. It explained quite a bit too, even to the point where I started to like B just a little bit ;) I hope Ms Meyer finishes it. :D

Oh yes! ;) Much preferred it told from his point of view, so much better. It explained quite a bit too, even to the point where I started to like B just a little bit ;) I hope Ms Meyer finishes it. :D

I couldn't agree more on all points! Glad you liked it :icon_eek:.

I agree with everyones comments.

The more I read the books, the more I find myself considering the age difference between Bella and Edward. Although he is in the body of a 17 year old, he has been alive for years. I know that they say that Bella is mature, but he has been alive for decades!! Am I making any sense? I guess that it is best not to think about it....:icon_eek:

Edward is a baby vampire.

Try Buffy's 16-24 years versus Angels 270-278 years over the course of the two shows :icon_eek:

Not only, but also, Angel wasn't made a vampire until 1753, making him 27 at the time of his turning, and STILL 11 years older than Buffy. ;)

I've thought about the age difference, as well. Especially since I've been reading Midnight Sun. It's quite interesting how Meyer managed to convey Edward and Bella's different "voices" in her story telling. Bella may be mature, but she's still a teenage girl that's somewhat obsessed with her first love and her entire thought process revolves around him. I thought that Edward noticed more things than Bella did and that made his version of what happened so much more interesting. Also, even though he was often anxious in MS, I felt that his "voice" was much calmer and relaxed than Bella's. I don't know if anyone else felt that way, too. It made him feel older to me.

Edward is a baby vampire.

Try Buffy's 16-24 years versus Angels 270-278 years over the course of the two shows :icon_eek:

Not only, but also, Angel wasn't made a vampire until 1753, making him 27 at the time of his turning, and STILL 11 years older than Buffy. ;)

Can't argue with that Roxi!!! In defence of Angel, he didn't give in to Buffy's charms as quickly as Edward and Bella got it on ;)

I mean, Edward sneaking in to Bella's room watching her sleep before they were together was a wee bit odd. She didn't seem to mind though!

I would have expected Edward to seem a lot older than Bella, but he didn't really in my opinion.

Well, in fairness to Eddy, the Buffyverse is 12 seasons over two shows and a movie. That requires a little more depth than 4 books. Time to expand. Though Buffy and Angel were getting it on PG style by the sixth episode of the first season, so....

But yeah, Edward = baby vamp. I could never take the vampires in Twilight to be much more than a metaphor, as there isn't a huge amount of depth to the demonology. It's more like a representation of our 'darker side' and coming to terms with it, hero-style.

It makes Angel hotter. Brooding is hot. ;)

Oh yeah I agree. I think Angel was my first TV crush, I was addicted to Buffy. I haven't watched it for a while, I think a re-run is in order. I marginally prefer Angel to Edward :icon_eek:

Oh yeah I agree. I think Angel was my first TV crush, I was addicted to Buffy. I haven't watched it for a while, I think a re-run is in order. I marginally prefer Angel to Edward :icon_eek:

WHAT! ;)

;) I dont think that I can say I like one more than the other, they are both quite different characters. I agree, think that I need to start watching some Buffy re-reuns although I never did get in to Angel the series.

WHAT! :icon_eek:

;) I dont think that I can say I like one more than the other, they are both quite different characters. I agree, think that I need to start watching some Buffy re-reuns although I never did get in to Angel the series.

I prefer Angel to Buffy just because I've seen Buffy more. Angel and Edward are quite similar actually, in the brooding sense and the latching onto a teenage girl ;)