What really bugs you?

Chimera

Perhaps Bookjumper, it just boils down to a lack of manners. Or the fact that some of us, myself and obviously yourself also, have actually been brought up with them :blush:

I get really irritated when someone neglects their "Ps and Qs" aswell. It's common curtesy.

And to be honest, it beggars belief when a four year old child walks past my mother in the street and tells her where to go, in no uncertain terms and in the words of Gordon Ramsay.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Vanwa! The nerve of some people! I don't have patience for people who think they are more important than everyone else, either because of their advanced age or because they're rich, famous, overly educated, or even because they're very intelligent. There's never an excuse for treating others badly, for bragging about yourself, or for insinuating that you're better or more important. Grrr.... :blush:

Wow, this thread can really get a person riled up! :P

I hate people who think they're special coz they've got kids. I was walking on a busy pavement on a pedestrianised street, and this chavvy mother chose to have a go at me for being on her way in the pavement, instead of stepping onto the street which is specifically people-only. Any normal person would step off the pavement when there simply isn't room - I did several times while walking along it. I said it to her too, 'I had no where to move, does your child's legs not work on roads?' She looked like she was about to kill me though so I performed a disappearing act into the crowd :blush:

Roxi, I totally agree. Even worse are people with children and buggies/prams who all seem to think that any pathway outside or any aisle in a shop is meant for them and them alone :motz:I walk with two walking sticks and can't be hopping up and down but pavements but more often than not these people just run over my feet because I can't get out of the way quick enough!

Roxi and ScarletBella, I feel your pain :blush:.

Right now I'm really bugged by:

- supervisors who ignore emails, potentially messing up the mark I need to achieve a decent degree

- benefit bureocracy, which means too little money too late, and extra stress I don't need during dissertation time

- having to cancel a mugh-longed after trip to Stratford due to poverty

- having spent

ScarletBella, that's appalling!! :lol:

Men who use public restrooms, do their business there, come back from the restroom and then zip up, in the public area. (Only men seem to be doing this, I have yet to come across a woman being guilty of this for some reason...) Sorry if I sound like a prude but I really don't want to witness that. It's like, you were there in the restroom where you could've done the zipping. Are you so busy and important that you didn't have time to finish up with your pants in the restroom? That would indicate you didn't have time to finish urinating in the toilet either, maybe you let a couple of drops dribble on the floor while flushing. You probably didn't wash your hands either. (This reminds me of the story of urine mints Rory mentioned on her date in Gilmore Girls.)

Obese people who seem to think they are entitled to take up two seats on public transport.

I don't think they particularly think they are entitled, maybe they just can't help that they may take up two seats...

Em yeah, I would generally suggest it's a physically impossibility for a large person to reduce their body mass instantly because you or anyone else doesn't like it. Notably, my father is obese. I know he certainly doesn't think he's entitled to it, and is actually highly conscious of it.

Are you so busy and important that you didn't have time to finish up with your pants in the restroom? That would indicate you didn't have time to finish urinating in the toilet either, maybe you let a couple of drops dribble on the floor while flushing. You probably didn't wash your hands either.

This is a huge bug bear of mine - to the point where I sometimes question said chap as he's about to walk out. I can't stand it!!!

It takes two minutes to wash and dry your hands. To not do so is lazy and ruddy unhygienic, dammit! :lol:

Aaaaaaannnnnd, relax! :lol:

To carry on the theme, I hate that public toilets more often then not are push the door to enter, and pull the door to exit.

Having seen the number of people that leave a public facility without washing their hands, guess how much I want to grapple a handle on the way out?! :lol:

To carry on the theme, I hate that public toilets more often then not are push the door to enter, and pull the door to exit.

Having seen the number of people that leave a public facility without washing their hands, guess how much I want to grapple a handle on the way out?! :lol:

I feel exactly the same way! I always try and sneak through when someone else has opened the door.

To use a catchphrase of Catherine Tate's: the dirty bar stewards...:lol:

It takes two minutes to wash and dry your hands. To not do so is lazy and ruddy unhygienic, dammit! :lol:

Aaaaaaannnnnd, relax! :lol:

Agree 100 percent Mac, it's a filthy habit that spreads germs all over the place. If people could see the zoo that lives on unwashed hands (as I have) they would be horrified.

Let's see... people who use incorrect grammar. Particular pet peeves are missing apostrophes, text speak, and 'lazy' use of language.

People who are boring.

Stupidity and ignorance to the world around you.

People who pay no attention to their appearance.

People who eat with their mouths open.

Tackiness.

What REALLY use to bug me is when people who you dont know and who wouldnt have the balls to be obnxious in your face, use the internet (boards, blogs, etc) to be a pompous, rude, nasty little ferrett. Honestly, it doesnt get my knickers in a knot like it use to because once you remember that those people are essentually cowards, you squash it like the little cockroach it is and move on.

In an age where we have less "human" contact and more virtual contact, we have somehow managed to forget all that "home" training (i.e. manners) at our parents/grandparents knee. We say anything and hide behind the computer screen. I make it my business to not say anything on the computer that cant be said face to face. That being said, I have no reason to attack anyones beliefs, thoughts, feelings or comments. Direct and unprovoked attacks, especially made slyly and deliberately show not intellect but just plain stupidity and ignorance.

Which may be a reason why they are friendless.

But, thats just what bugs ME!:lol:

Wow, that's an impressive rant you had there, Katrina! I'm impressed. *laughs*

You know, there's an off-topic thread we can move this discussion to, should you want to get something else off your chest.

I was just complimenting you. And reminding that as going off-topic is rather frowned upon around here (I should know, trust me!) there's a specific thread for all off-topic conversation. Just trying to be helpful, that's all!

Yeah, doesn't sound at all like you're angry at me... Listen, I'm sorry if something I said in my post above upset you. That was not my intention, as I don't even know anything about you! But if I did, do tell me where and what, 'cause I'd like to know what not to do again.

People who eat with their mouths open.

I'm glad to know it's not just me who hates this! I really dislike going out to a restaurant only to be surrounded by people at other tables who do this or talk with food in their mouths :lol:

Some more (I'm having an absurdly angry day):

People who constantly check themselves in the mirror and think about their appearance too much (it's like, get over yourself!). I see this a lot in malls. :lol:

Again, people who think they're smarter than everyone. Honestly, if you think you're smarter than everyone else, you're definitely NOT.

People who are disingenuous. They fake being nice, they're pompous, they're condescending, and they're completely transparent!

People who don't think critically about important issues. Instead, they just believe what their favorite pundits tell them and refuse to use their own brains. Of course, they end up spreading lies and nonsense and getting mad at people who actually THINK.

People who abuse animals. 'Nuff said.

Whew! I may have to utilize your off-topic thread, ii! But it feels great to get all that off my chest!

Some more (I'm having an absurdly angry day):

People who constantly check themselves in the mirror and think about their appearance too much (it's like, get over yourself!). I see this a lot in malls. :lol:

Again, people who think they're smarter than everyone. Honestly, if you think you're smarter than everyone else, you're definitely NOT.

People who are disingenuous. They fake being nice, they're pompous, they're condescending, and they're completely transparent!

People who don't think critically about important issues. Instead, they just believe what their favorite pundits tell them and refuse to use their own brains. Of course, they end up spreading lies and nonsense and getting mad at people who actually THINK.

People who abuse animals. 'Nuff said.

Whew! I may have to utilize your off-topic thread, ii! But it feels great to get all that off my chest!

That's a great list Echo. I second everything on it, especially the animal abuse. We just had 192 dogs rescued in our town from a single home puppy mill. It has been all over the news for days and believe it or not it is NOT a felony! It is driving me nuts that these people aren't going to get complete justice for what they did.

Rude people in supermarkets, I probably deserved it due to the fact I am slightly on the larger size, I was in asda with my sister and this woman rather than said 'excuse me' (I am not totally oblivious and very courteous) but I honestly did not know she was there, she rammed her trolley into me, causing me to fall into the display I was standing in front, it did not topple thankfully but it did hurt, the woman just kept walking, my sister went after her and demanded an apology, the reply was 'she was in my way'

Nice.

Good manners cost nothing :lol:

Rude people in supermarkets, I probably deserved it due to the fact I am slightly on the larger size, I was in asda with my sister and this woman rather than said 'excuse me' (I am not totally oblivious and very courteous) but I honestly did not know she was there, she rammed her trolley into me, causing me to fall into the display I was standing in front, it did not topple thankfully but it did hurt, the woman just kept walking, my sister went after her and demanded an apology, the reply was 'she was in my way'

Nice.

Good manners cost nothing :lol:

That's awful!! I'm glad your sister went after her!