What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pet hate.......people that interupt when your talking.....soooo rude!!!

I, too, hate people who interrupt when you're talking. It's so rude and annoying. Especially if the person is in the habit of doing it constantly. I don't mind that much if the conversation is heated.

I, too, hate people who interrupt when you're talking. It's so rude and annoying. Especially if the person is in the habit of doing it constantly. I don't mind that much if the conversation is heated.

Heated conversation is fine...another pet peeve (my son does it lol) people who finish your sentences :irked:

People who drag there feet when they walk...PICK YOUR FEET UP :lol:

Heated conversation is fine...another pet peeve (my son does it lol) people who finish your sentences :lol:

People who drag there feet when they walk...PICK YOUR FEET UP :lol:

Kylie already mentioned people who shuffle their feet ;) I have to admit I'm guilty of that! Can't help it. :irked:

People finishing your sentences is really annoying!! However, I have this one friend who's doing it constantly but somehow I don't mind it at all when he's doing it, because he's really nice and I know he doesn't mean any harm by it. It almost seems like I can really tell he's actually listening to what I'm saying because he'll be trying to finish my sentences. Or rather, guess what I'm trying to say and voice the thing out at exactly the same moment I'm saying it. It's almost cute :(

Kylie already mentioned people who shuffle their feet :lol: I have to admit I'm guilty of that! Can't help it. :irked:

People finishing your sentences is really annoying!! However, I have this one friend who's doing it constantly but somehow I don't mind it at all when he's doing it, because he's really nice and I know he doesn't mean any harm by it. It almost seems like I can really tell he's actually listening to what I'm saying because he'll be trying to finish my sentences. Or rather, guess what I'm trying to say and voice the thing out at exactly the same moment I'm saying it. It's almost cute :(

Yeh guess it is cute ;)

Bad time keeping bugs me too.....get up a little earlier :lol:

Bad time keeping bugs me too.....get up a little earlier :irked:

Yup.I have to graduate today, against my will, and my parents might not even be here in time to go down to the uni with me, even though I'm doing this for them. So I'll have to go down to UCC on my own, and wait around, on my own, probably in the pouring rain, without even my gown put together properly as my mother has the clips and pins, and wait for them to arrive.

I think I didn't explain myself well enough when I was describing the shower thing. I hate both the showering and the drying part, but what I really meant was the that in addition to these two operations being boring, they also seem really illogical. You're dry to begin with, but then you get youself wet so you can dry yourself again (okay, you do get clean somewhere along the way). It's like ... eating and then vomiting? (No offense to people with ed).

:irked: Yes, I understood what you meant. I can't say that that part of it bothers me, but then I'd never really thought about it that way!

I don't mind the showering part, it's the getting dry that really bugs me. I just wish they'd hurry up and invent something where you just step in and warm air blow-drys you, like a big version of a hand dryer! That would be great. :lol:

It also bugs me that whenever I try to get a paperclip out of my jar at work, they are always joined together. And I never join them, so who does? The paperclip fairy? :irked:

I don't mind the showering part, it's the getting dry that really bugs me. I just wish they'd hurry up and invent something where you just step in and warm air blow-drys you, like a big version of a hand dryer! That would be great. :D

Actually they have!

Wow Lucybird! I didn't know that! :blush:

Though it's not how I imagined it - I thought of stepping into a cubicle and warm air jets coming at you from all sides, not going into contortions under a wall-mounted dryer 6 feet off the ground. And perhaps this is being indelicate, but how exactly does it dry you all over if you sit down underneath it? :D :mrgreen:

Oh, now you will for the rest of your life and you'll hate showering even more :D

:D I did think about it when I was showering this morning! But I didn't let myself dwell on it too long. :blush:

I don't mind the showering part, it's the getting dry that really bugs me. I just wish they'd hurry up and invent something where you just step in and warm air blow-drys you, like a big version of a hand dryer! That would be great. :lol:

Wasn't there something like that in The Jetsons? Probably the part I hate most about showering is having to dry my hair and brush out all the knots...again and again and again. Sometimes I really wish I had short hair!

people who knock into you and don't have the manners to apologise, who just because they're 30 years older than me think they're "elderly" and should be given my seat when I've got a mangled leg and it kills me to stand up on the bus, who insist on playing their "music" out loud on the same bus thus giving me a headache, who before you in a huge supermarket queue will not let you through when you're only got one count it one item, bus drivers who don't know where their service stops... I could continue.

the 'I'm older than you so im more important' attitude really riles me - especially when its obviously an act. now I'm 55 so from the demographics on the forumj im old lol.

the 'I'm older than you so im more important' attitude really riles me - especially when its obviously an act. now I'm 55 so from the demographics on the forumj im old lol.

Also quoting Sirinrob's Bookjumper quote but can't find the energy to skip back to the original post.

My sister had a friend in college who has a medical condition which prevents her from walking very far and standing too long (some kind of balance issue in her brain). If she does so, she gets very faint. She has a medical card which she has to carry with her all the time. My sister actually witnessed on several occasions very new and very energetic OAPs who would flash their OAP buspass at her friend and demand that she give up her seat for them.

They would then argue the point with this girl about her medical condition as they had earnt their "right" to the seat on the bus because they have been alive for 65 years. I mean for crying out loud...

Mind you, thinking about this brings back an experience of my own. I was sat on the aisle seat of the bus next to a lady with about a zillion shopping bags, preventing me from keeping my feet entirely tucked in. An elderly lady got up from her seat before the bus stopped moving, and the bus jolted, she swung to the right and tripped over my foot. As she started to fall, I jumped up and grabbed both of her arms and kept her standing. Good deed of the day right? So I was flabbergasted when she proceeded to bawl me out for reading on the bus. I mean, if you struggle to walk and are a little unsteady on your feet, you would be patient and wait for the vehicle to come to a halt really.

Usually I manage to remain calm in agitating situations. But I was so shocked at her behaviour and "holier than thou because I'm older than thou" attitude, I believe, before returning to my seat, my reply (which to my satisfaction prompted a round of applause) was something like this...

"I should have just let you fall. Maybe you would have learnt to respect your youngers. My mistake."

The majority of the other elderly people on the bus joined the clapping

:blush::D:P

"holier than thou because I'm older than thou" attitude
Insupportable, yes.

I'm a good person. If someone who's clearly on the wobbly side gets on the bus, I'll get up even though I'm injured, because I know no one else will and being young I'm probably better at balancing on one foot than they are. Ditto for women who are pregnant, or have a small child about their person - at least my bag doesn't wriggle. It's when athletic people thrice my age start demanding my seat that I get annoyed. I can't stand and I've got a eighty-pound superbandage around my ankle to prove it; maybe I should start wearing skirts more often so you can actually see it.

Mind you, not that it would necessarily help; I remember having to ask people for seats with a knee-high plaster cast. Not that they complied.