Kala me

kala_way

New! Hi!

Lucybird told me about this site and it looks like my cup of tea ;)

I'm from Los Angeles and I'm a rather picky reader.

I'm doing the 50 books in a year challenge this year as my New Year's resolution. Just finished #17!

I generally don't like anything set in the present time and especially not anything set near where I live, because books are about exploring new times and places and people for me. I'm a sucker for a great complicated plot and I usually don't like "character books" where nothing really happens :)

Fave authors (like picking favorite children but what can you do?) are Charlotte Bronte, Orson Scott Card, and Jo Rowling.

I'm doing the 50 books in a year challenge this year as my New Year's resolution. Just finished #17!

:welcome2:Hey Kala_way! :)

What a good idea....50 books a year sounds pretty good to me! I'm slowly but surely making my way through the BBC Big Read list. It's a bit outdated now as I think the list I have is from 2003 so it's missing a few that I think should be on there but it's all good ;) I'll pop the link below if you're interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml

:welcome2:Hey Kala_way! :)

What a good idea....50 books a year sounds pretty good to me! I'm slowly but surely making my way through the BBC Big Read list. It's a bit outdated now as I think the list I have is from 2003 so it's missing a few that I think should be on there but it's all good :tong: I'll pop the link below if you're interested.

I've seen that list before! It's a great list! I've read about half of them, and a good number of them are on my list for this year.;)