Or what's necessary or where I should stand."

- Yellowcard: Words, Hands, Heart.

Edited by Nollaig

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd list a few Israeli Bands here, but that wouldn't be fair :friends0:

However, Our lady peace is not completely unknown, should, by all rights be a heck of a lot bigger worldwide. I'm talking about Coldplay size (and in my humble opinion - much better than Coldplay).

I really liked a Band called Whale, they were swedish and they had one hit more or less. I baought that Album (We care) and I found it great. Check them out.

I used to listen to Catherine Wheel a fair bit in the nineties, and I really liked the band Jellyfish, whom I had the fortune to meet whilst I was playing in LA in 1994. Which was nice...(I keep making Fast Show references today - it must be this cold I've got)...:friends0:

• 2 weeks later...

I like Jack's Mannequin. Didn't like their latest album though, The Glass Passenger, I think they coulda done better than that. I really liked Everything In Transit though. And yeah, I recommend all the things Roxi recommended, they're all very good songs. I really liked Miss Delaney though and Holiday From Real they were real catchy.

I think, regarding Jack's Mannequin's The Glass Passenger, that what was filler really was just filler. But songs like The Resolution, Lullaby, and Caves just made it amazing. I think Andrew's finally hit 'grown up' with it. I had a friend who said he wasn't that keen on the album, but that he thinks it was the right move for Andrew McMahon, and I agree.

Tallest Man on Earth is very good. A swedish singer/songwriter that has been called the new Bob Dylan many times (Although I don't agree with the comparison).

And anyone already familiar with Bon Iver? Skinny Love has turned into my favourite song!

• 3 months later...

Lopeanha, I love Jonny Lang! He is originally from Fargo and has spent a LOT of time here in MN. I used to go see him in shows when they called him 'Kid Jonny Lang' :D. That's so great you like him! He has an excellent voice which I can never get tired of.

Smay, I recently discovered Bon Iver as well. I really like 'Skinny Love' and if you haven't heard 'Re: Stacks' I would look for it! I think that one's my fave so far :D. I really like the folk-y/acoustic-y stuff he does; he reminds me of Samuel Beam from Iron and Wine. Which is an excellent band if you like Bon Iver.

Jack's Mannequin. I believe Andrew McMahon calls it piano punk rock - it's pretty easy listening, kinda emo, but all about the pianos in sorta the same way Keane are. Andrew has a very distinctive style though.Amazing band. Wish they would play the UK.

Ahhhh one of my favourite bands! You know he's playing London soon? I think its in October??

Lopeanha, I love Jonny Lang! He is originally from Fargo and has spent a LOT of time here in MN. I used to go see him in shows when they called him 'Kid Jonny Lang' :D. That's so great you like him! He has an excellent voice which I can never get tired of.

Lucky you!! I would love to go to concert of his, but well, he won't come to germany...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here we go...

They Might Be Giants

Jewel Kilcher

Barclay James Harvest

Yes

Ozric Tentacles

Clannad

Men from Earth

Dream Theatre

Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Macalmans

Runrig........

etc.

If any of you guys look these up be prepared: this list is eclectic and varied. Lets just say i'm a massive fan of music, not just a type of music. And i love to find bands out there that are just clever and fun, not just crowd pleasing. Although i do love the crowd pleasing type as well.