All new What's for dinner?

Nici

We will be having pesto rice - this is rice steamed with various vegetables and stirred through with pesto sauce - I usually use mange tout and baby corn with carrots and sliced leeks, but they had run out by the time I got to the supermarket this week, so we are having one of those stir fry mixes instead.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had pizza for dinner tonight and Xander LOVED his! Yup, we give him a bit of whatever we're having for dinner and he GOBBLED it all up! A fair bit ended up on the floor and more of it squished onto his tray, but a surprising amount went into his mouth (he ws feeding himself) and into his little tum accompanied by little, "Mmmm-mmm!" noises! :censored:

We had pizza for dinner tonight and Xander LOVED his! Yup, we give him a bit of whatever we're having for dinner and he GOBBLED it all up! A fair bit ended up on the floor and more of it squished onto his tray, but a surprising amount went into his mouth (he ws feeding himself) and into his little tum accompanied by little, "Mmmm-mmm!" noises! :censored:

Aww that's so cute :motz:

Haven't a clue. I will have to be inspired when I go to the freezer. Tuesday is my big shop day, so Monday nights meal is usually a whatever's-in-there meal. :welcome:

PS Xander is just the cutest cutie in the whole world! Does he know he has hundreds of BCF aunties? :smile2:

I am noticing oui, that whatever else the group of us are, we have wonderful taste in food and are fabulous eaters!

I am making the buffet tonight, Thai chicken and noodles, Greek salad,rice and stir fry, and for dessert strawberries and cream and teeny tiny dark chocolate cookies. But again by the time I am finished making I am not usually hungry until hours later!

I had chicken chargrill, spicy wedges, mixed vegetables and gravy :welcome:

Last night, we had tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, beef, and Taco Bell taco sauce! (Yes, they sell this in the stores in HK.. who knew?!)

Tonight, it's chicken marinated in yogurt and lemon-dill seasoning. Having that along with rice and sauteed veggies.

Yum, that chicken sounds really yummy, Bethany! Not doing the veggie thing anymore?

I took chicken out of the freezer this a.m. so hopefully it'll be thawed and ready for the chicken/orzo/fontina bake that I'll be making when I get home :welcome:. Lots of yummy garlic and white wine for it to swim in!!

Not quite as easy to keep up with now that we're out of India, Peace! Plus I lost a little TOO much on that one.. I don't want to be skin and bones!

I still stick to it MOST days of the week, to maintain and eat healthier, but with us no longer having a cook and grocery-buyer, Raja sneaks all kinds of things into the cart! :welcome:

Pork, pepper and pineapple kebabs with a sweet chilli glaze, and wild rice with mushrooms and onions. Yummy! :welcome:

Created a marinade of genius last night. Had to chop up a couple of pork chops really fine (my jaw situation means chops and steaks are a no no) so I put them in a bowl with a generous sprinkle of ginger powder, a big dollop of thai sweet chilli sauce, a splodge of BBQ sauce and a spoonful of butter (it would have helped if I had melted it first but I decided to do it the hard way). Stir until the butter has stuck the rest of the marinade to the chopped up chops, cover, stick in the fridge for a couple of hours, then cook and add whatever you may like - had this as a condiment to pasta, it was YUMMEH.

Mmm that sounds interesting.

Yes "intersting" is definitely the word for it.:friends0: I was surprised how much the flavour of the orange penetrated the flavour of the beef. Not sure if it was yummy or not!

Tonight will be a home made beef broth and freshly made bread.

Father's visiting so it's Indian restaurant for me tonight, which means (as I am completely unoriginal & hence unable to stray from my staple order) poppadoms, fried butterfly prawn, chicken passanda, mango lassi & coffee. Mmm.