Only Fools and Horses - Granddad or Uncle Albert?

Suburbanite

I love Only Fools and Horses and have the entire collection on DVD. There are some episodes that I know word for word. I can watch them time and time again and still laugh at them all. My favourite is probably To Hull and Back, plus Heroes and Villains, where they dress up as Batman and Robin.

Much as I love Grandad, Uncle Albert gets my vote. It is not that I don't like Grandad, it's just that for me Uncle Albert has much about him, you get to know much more as a character and his background.

I really cant choose in this one, OFAH is one of my all time favourite shows. they both had their funny ways and both suited the episodes they were in i dont think grandad would have suited the longer episodes of the later series. but i think he had the best one liners especially when talking about wether Rodney should be seeing a 40 year old woman

"well i'd have to think twice" just brilliant.

:D Don't know who Granddad or Uncle Albert were/are!?

They are characters from the TV show Only Fools and Horses - Granddad was Del and Rodney's grandad on their Dad's side, and Uncle Albert was Granddad's brother.

My favourite Granddad episode was the one where they go on holiday to Spain and he is arrested for jaywalking. He thinks its because of his gun running exploits during the Spanish civil war. "That's the best time to do it Rodney, supply and demand".

My favourite Granddad episode was the one where they go on holiday to Spain and he is arrested for jaywalking. He thinks its because of his gun running exploits during the Spanish civil war. "That's the best time to do it Rodney, supply and demand".

Grandad had some brilliant one liners, that were always delivered so straight faced, I can`t remember the actors name but he was a very good in that role.

Lennard Pearce - Grandad - gets my vote every time, as his one liners was always delivered just spot on. I do think by bringing on the other halfs (cassandra and raquel) spoilt the overall theme.

Does anyone think that at the beginning it was Rodney who was a bit thick and Del boy that was wordly wise, at the later series, it was the other way round. Rodney became someone who was clever and Del boy became thick.

Maybe that's just me, but I wonder at what point of the series did they decide to change places?

Batty

I still love the one where they changed the chandeliers:lol:

If you are talking about fav characters though, I think Trig was just something else:mrgreen:

Yes, Trig was brilliant. I loved that line when he was talking about his girlfriend who had a lazy eye and he said he never knew whether she was gazing at him or looking to see if her bus was coming!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No you're not Surburbanite ... I too LOVE Uncle Albert though I loved Grandad in Friday the Fourteenth - the episode where they go to Boycie's cottage and there is a madman lose who kills fishermen.

My grandma was like a female Uncle Albert - always talking about the war!

And I loved it when Del Boy and Rodney got women - Racquel calmed Del Boy somewhat and Cassandra helped Rodney sometimes to stand up to Del. I thought they added to the series and showed the two men growing up and changing for the better.

Trig is a good character but my favourite over all ... Rodney, I just feel so sorry for him!

My favourite moment was when Del Boy fell through the bar ... made more brilliant because it wasn't supposed to happen and the reaction of Roger Lloyd Pack and David Jason was completely natural.

• 2 weeks later...