• Historical Fiction
    • Classics
    • Non-Fiction
    • Young Adult

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked contemporary fiction and fantasy.

Contemporary Fiction because I like modern stories regarding reality and common stories about life which everyone of us could experience.

In contrary to that I picked fantasy as well because I like to get out of the stressful reality sometimes reading about like some supernatural creatures and just enjoying or regretting that it doesn't exist in reality.

Edited by Nici
Added capitals

I chose non-fiction, because my fav genre is memoirs/autobiographies/biographies. When I was in my 20s I found that I read a lot of books about rock stars and actresses, as I got older, I did read other types of books, but to this day I find that branch of non-fiction to be one I go back to again and again. I just think other people's lives are fascinating.

• 2 months later...

Contemporary fiction, crime, horror and historical fiction. These are the genres I prefer in general. I couldn't choose just one, I have two many books that I've enjoyed from all those genres. I'm giving classic fiction a try, now, and it's an interesting change from what I would usually read. :)

• 3 months later...

I voted for contemporary fiction too, although I am not sure what it means ! It just seemed to be the nearest one to what I read most. I also though like non fiction - mostly alternative history, mind, body and spirit - I guess others on here don't, as they don't seem to be discussed that much.

I didn't vote, because I like most of the genres you selected.

I'm not very fond of horror, but I do like mystery and paranormal stuff. I like historical books, funny books, too many genres to vote for one or two only. I like non-fiction as well (amongst these are biography, autobiography, some physics topics but not all, religions and other ways of life, space, social topics about contemporary life as well as life in former ages)

Some of the genre of books I don't like, are love stories, you know, books which are only about love and no other topics. Love is in many books, but then it's a part of a different plot, when it's only about love, I'm not likely to read it unless there is something very special about the way it's written.

And I don't like most travel books, unless there really is something about the way they're written. If they are part of another story line, it's different. For me, there have to be more elements than the travelling alone.

That's all I can think about right now.

When I was a kid it was horror & animal fiction,then later solid sci-fi/fantasy for years peppered with occasional thrillers,but for about 3 years now I've been touring round the genres hopping from contemporary to classics,historical to thriller etc,and it's really broadened my reading horizons.