Hello!

Mr Joey

Hey there, I'm new to the forum. Where do I start..

I'm a 17 year old ICT student living in Bristol, England. I haven't read a awful lot of books over the last few years but I was a big reader a few years ago.. although recently I've gotten back into it. Unfortunately all the books I once had has gone missing - including my Harry Potter collection unfortunately. I guess that's what happens when you bury your books away after years of unuse.

So I've been rebuilding my collection a bit and I've also been buying some new books. In the last few days I've bought I Am Legend (Which I finished yesterday), all 3 LOTR books (Which arrived today) and Angels and Demons which I suspect will arrive monday. I've also recently finished reading S.D Perry's Aliens : The Labrinth. I'm not sure which books to buy next, Dracula maybe, reccomendations are welcome. I guess I'm into horror books, or thriller.. basicly something with a dark, compelling storyline. Although I'm also a big history nut so I guess I like historical novels.

Okay I'll stop talking now.. this looks like a good forum, with plenty of people taking part - which is always a good thing. :(

Thanks for reading.

Hello, and welcome! :(

It's terrible that those books of yours have gone missing, but you've selected some great works to start off all over again with your collection :roll:. I'm a huge fan of historical novels and horror/thrillers as well. If you would like recommendations, how about Susan Carroll, David Gemmell, Ariana Franklin, and Cora Harrison, as far as historical fiction goes; as well as Stephen King of course, Clive Barker, H. P. Lovecraft, and Douglas Preston, for some thrilling and horror reads.

I'm sure I have more suggestions but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. Feel free to give a poke if you would like some more recommendations :(.

I think it's a fantastic book, the author does so well to portray the madness this man is going through.. the lonliness, sexual frustrations, anger - it's excellently done. I think the ending could of been done in a better way, I actually prefer the film's ending but the book was still fantastic.

It's got me into thinking of buying some more vampire novels... maybe go back where it all started and buy Dracula.

Hello, and welcome! :roll:

It's terrible that those books of yours have gone missing, but you've selected some great works to start off all over again with your collection :lol:. I'm a huge fan of historical novels and horror/thrillers as well. If you would like recommendations, how about Susan Carroll, David Gemmell, Ariana Franklin, and Cora Harrison, as far as historical fiction goes; as well as Stephen King of course, Clive Barker, H. P. Lovecraft, and Douglas Preston, for some thrilling and horror reads.

I'm sure I have more suggestions but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. Feel free to give a poke if you would like some more recommendations :(.

Thanks for the welcome, I only just noticed your.. must of scrolled right past it. Thanks for the reccomendations also, I'll be sure to check some of them out. :(