Ceinwenn's reading 2009

Ceinwenn

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Dexter in the Dark on Friday & whilst I think it wasn't as good as the last one in the series, it was still a really good book! Unfortunatly because it did fall short of my expectations, I'm giving this one an 8/10.

Ahhhh. I'm wondering if had I read the others first I may have been a little more ummmm forgiving (wrong word I know but it's late and I've had some wine:tong:) to the quirky bits. I did enjoy the 'normal bits'.

I'm thinking of looking in the library for the others.

My pile is so BIG though..........:D

You really should read the first 2. I didn't think the third one was as weird as I had been fearing once I got into it. It was a good read, but the first 2 were GREAT reads!

Last night I finished reading Broken Angels by Richard Montanari, which is the 3rd in the series. This was a very good book, which started out kind of slowly, but ended in a flurry of action! I would heartily recommend this series to anyone who likes reading murder mystery!

Well, dammit, here's another author I'm going to have to try. What's the first one I have to get, please?

And it sounds like I ought to give these Dexter(?) books a go, as you're all very excited about the fella. Who writes these?

I hope you're very excellent and well, my friend. :D

Hi Mac! Yes, you should definately seek out Richard Montanari. His first one is called The Rosary Girls, then there's The Skin Gods, then Broken Angels (& there is one more but I haven't read it yet).

Dexter is great, btw! I just 5 minutes ago finished his last one "Dexter by Design" & it was Brilliant!!

Oh yeah, I'm fine, thanks. How 'bout you?

Tres well, thank you. I've seen The Rosary Girls knocking about Waterstone's, so I'll pick it up next time I'm in.

Who writes the Dexter novels? I need to get the first one of them, too.

:readingtwo:

Nah, it's not too bad. It used to be cheaper, but it costs me less to send them there than it would for them to buy them & this way my Mom, 2 sister & brother all get the chance to read them, then Mom takes them to a senior citizen's complex & to the hospital.

Ah Ceinwenn, we've been reading the same book at the same time! I finished Star Gazing yesterday. But I have to say, Emotional Geology was my favourite. I don't come across books THIS good every day. There's a third book as well, do you know anything about that one?

Ah Ceinwenn, we've been reading the same book at the same time! I finished Star Gazing yesterday. But I have to say, Emotional Geology was my favourite. I don't come across books THIS good every day. There's a third book as well, do you know anything about that one?

The third book is A Lifetime Burning, also very good. I agree with Ceinwenn I think Star Gazing is my favourite. She is a great author though, highly recommended on here

I finished Dexter by Design a fair while ago but just didn't get the review written until today. As per usual, I loved this book! I sailed through it & am now officially in Dexter withdrawl (which according to reliable sources is predicted to last for about 2 years) - oh the torture! 9/10

• 3 weeks later...

I finished reading Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child at the end of June, but have been very lazy & havn't written about it! Gone Tomorrow is, like all the other Reacher books pretty formulaic - but I love them none the less! The latest offering didn't disappoint. It was full of the usual action, intrigue & bad guys with guns & bad intentions. A well written book & if you are a follower of the Reacher series, then I think you will love this book!

• 2 weeks later...
The Sleeping Doll was my latest Jeffery Deaver fix, which I finished a couple weeks ago. This was the 1st Katherine Dance novel I had read & I loved it! Definately looking forward to reading Roadside Crosses, which is the next Katherine Dance novel.

• 1 month later...
A Lifetime Burning was the 3rd book of Linda Gillard's which I have read. It was a very challenging read - so completely different from her first 2 I had read, but it was an excellently written challenge! Well done Linda - many an author would have shied away from such potentially controversial topics! 8/10